Preview Round 5, 2017: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles , 23 April 2017, 4.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the heck is our backline supposed to match up against WC's tall forwards?
Actually we match up well with them.

Frawley on Kennedy, Strats on Darling (is he injured still?), Brand on the resting ruck.

I'm really worried that Shuey, Gaff and Mitchell are going to cut us up. If there's one thing we don't need at the moment, it's inside info from a guy who lived and breathed football at our club for 16 years.

Mitchell, Priddis, Shuey, Gaff & Masten v Tom Mitchell and maybe a slow Jaeger Omera....that's Hawthorn's midfield this season....have to feel for James Frawley and Kaiden Brand. They are going to cop an absolute hiding next week with the amount of inside 50s the Eagles will have...Josh Kennedy is a chance to kick 10+. Worse will be when the spud Jack Darling kicks 5. This season, this team has allowed the following to happen:
Orazio Fantasia- 4 goals
David McKay- 3 goals
Steven Motlop- 3 goals
BUT, the one that takes the cake......
Brandon Matera- 6 goals

Actually we match up well with them.

Frawley on Kennedy, Strats on Darling (is he injured still?), Brand on the resting ruck.

I'm really worried that Shuey, Gaff and Mitchell are going to cut us up. If there's one thing we don't need at the moment, it's inside info from a guy who lived and breathed football at our club for 16 years.

Kennedy will kick 15

To say sack Clarko is to be a simpleton, we can't win forever and if we'd sacked him the first time things went sour we wouldn't have quite so many flags recently.
People might not want to hear it but we were exposed as pretenders last year, not this year. We got a few decent players in but it's not as quick a fix as we'd hoped, but If we take steps backwards to go forward then that's just what we'll have to do, i'd rather be a sleeping tiger than a paper tiger

Wow it's tough to pick ATM. I can't split GWS, Bulldogs and Adelaide

Top 4:
Adelaide
Geelong
WB
GWS

Don't rate Geelong, but they will sneak top 2

Surprised to see Geelong, Bulldogs I dont reckon have that fire in their bellies.... Adelaide are my pick... Port/Richmond if they make the 8 could cause havoc....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a guernsey and boots.

More your classic forward pocket type in the mold of Puopolo. Cons include; short, weak, poor kick, can't mark and generally fairly lazy.
Pros include; humour and witt, leg speed and can make a ripper bolognese sauce.
Potential to kick a goal or two hanging out the back for a joe the goose

Good enough write up to make a debut?

Frawleys recent form on Kennedy suggests you may be incorrect. Again.

You don't do sarcasm well do you? Stop stalking my posts dude, you've quoted half a dozen today.

Oh, and history is a telling factor on how we're going right? Jog on

Hartung, Sicily and Hardwick should stay.

TOB looked average. Needs another game if he figures in future plans. We'll know shortly.

I'd be fine with this, Billy frustrates me so I'm nor here or there about him.. but agree, we need to stick with kids, see if they can cut it at this level.

You don't do sarcasm well do you? Stop stalking my posts dude, you've quoted half a dozen today.

Oh, and history is a telling factor on how we're going right? Jog on

Cos a two faced key board warrior like you should be held accountable for your incessant (usually factually incorrect) posting.

Out - Hartung, Gibson, Frawley, Gunston, Sicily, Breust, O'Brien, Stratton, Shiels, Langford, Henderson, Brand
If Clarkson doesn't ring the changes at selection then something is seriously wrong if it isn't already.

OUT: Gibson, O'Brien, Hartung, Henderson, Hardwick
Out goes Shiels, Gibson, Langford, Obrien, Bruest and Burgoyne

OUT: Hodge, Roughead, Rioli, Mitchell, Burton, McEvoy

....I think we've covered the whole team now.

I hate being the 'ill stop following if this continues' supporter but if we were ruthless on mitchell and lewis then Gibbo has played his last game, Anything else is a poor reflection on the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back