Unofficial Preview Round 5 v Richmond - The Greatest Streak of All - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be watching to see how old mate Hibberd goes. I hope he can recreate the damage he caused out of half back during his 2012/2013 season. Just a joy to watch when he kicks it. I was sad to see him go!

Been a while since I have made it to the MCG on a opposition home game. I have a country membership for entrance(replacement game) which will get me in as general admission I believe. Any advice on which gate to enter and which section on the ground level I will be be able to get undercover seats? Preferably not somewhere that will have me in the middle of a pack of feral tigers supporters? Just me and the misses and she isn't a good fighter...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These two juggernauts have played each other in finals a total of 2 times in VFL/AFL history.
Melbourne and Richmond last played in the same finals series in 1941.

Melbourne and Richmond last played in the same finals series in 1941.
Could you imagine how huge a Richmond v Melbourne would be at the MCG? In fine conditions could push 90k

Could you imagine how huge a Richmond v Melbourne would be at the MCG? In fine conditions could push 90k
Laughable. No team could draw 90K with Melbourne as opposition. Your supporter base is crap. When was the last time the Dees played in front of 80K in a home game? Not in your lifetime.

Laughable. No team could draw 90K with Melbourne as opposition. Your supporter base is crap. When was the last time the Dees played in front of 80K in a home game? Not in your lifetime.

Member base is low, but we lose over 10k members to the MCC every year. Interestingly, of our members, we get the highest % turnout to games, even when we're losing. Unlike the fairweather sailors at Punt Rd, we keep rocking up rather than microwaving the membership

Melbourne vs the Saints in 98 drew 80k, two weak supporter bases almost two decades ago. Melbourne vs Collingwood in 88 elim drew 88k. Doesn't matter give us a final with another big vic club and we'll draw numbers

Melbourne vs the Saints in 98 drew 80k, two weak supporter bases almost two decades ago. Melbourne vs Collingwood in 88 elim drew 88k. Doesn't matter give us a final with another big vic club and we'll draw numbers
Collingwood in a final. 88K is ordinary. 70% would have been Pies supporters.
Richmond supporters may microwave our memberships but we still buy them. How many would you get at a final with Kangas? Lucky to break 50k. We drew 90+ against them. Melbourne minnows.

when was the last time Richmond played in a granny ? . To bad they don't hand out premierships based on memberships huh.

when was the last time Richmond played in a granny ? . To bad they don't hand out premierships based on memberships huh.
This was a discussion on Melbournes membership and supporter base. With a statement that the Dees could draw 90K to a match during the home and away season. I said that's laughable based on your attendances. You try and deflect with a GF performance 17 years ago that was lamentable. Both sides have terrible results for many years. Our ability to draw a large crowd home and away or finals has way exceeded Melbournes. 90k versus Melbourne in a home and away game? Ha ha ha ha. I'll have to remember that one next time I looking for a joke to cheer someone up. Dees are minnows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back