Preview Round 6 2019 - Richmond v Melbourne, MCG. Wed April 24th 7.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting speed on the game should be a priority.

Hopefully Rioli and Stack aren't too sore. They'll be needed.

Castagna should just tackle, tackle tackle.

Loved Baker's game on the weekend and hoping he carries his form into Wednesday. He's such an industrious little player, the way he sets up others.

Hoping Bolton stays in. Didn't quite come together for him on the weekend, but you could see the intent. Much better at staying in the contest. Looks dangerous when he has the ball.

Please, no Butler.

Melbourne capable of playing very good footy.
A few changes by necessity for us I reckon.

IN: Graham, Riewoldt, Butler
OUT: Lynch (rested), Stack (sore), Rioli (sore)
Lynch is not getting rested, we have a 10 day break after this game, he can rest then.

Danger game. Melbourne are a very good side who are having a poor season. Teams are killing them on the spread and in transition. They lack outside run/pace plus their midfielders get caught in no man’s land when they turn the ball over. If we bring the pressure, use the width of the G and move the ball quickly we should win.

They can beat us if Gawn gives Oliver, Brayshaw and Viney first use all night and they are efficient with converting their inside 50s. We don’t want it to be a slow contested game because they will slaughter us if that’s the case. Also think Harmes will run with Dusty and make life difficult for him, so hopefully he’s ready to fight for every possession.

Would take any win. Our draw is pretty kind after this game as we avoid WCE, Collingwood and GWS for nine weeks.

Melbourne have fascinated me from the start of the season. I wasn’t as bullish on them as many others were because they had a habit of playing 2 extra in defensive 50 every single centre bounce and it was working for them. So I wondered how they’d cope with the new rules and it’s fair to say they haven’t.
Don’t think anybody thought they struggle to this extent though.
Hopefully we can capitalize on it like others have.

The toughest part of this game is the 4 day back up.
And I’m not talking about the players either! ******* s**t Buses!!!
Trying to psych myself up to go to the game haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be going straight from work, 5 minute train ride for me!

Pretty sure trains are back to normal Wednesday anyway.

I'm not saying I think we'll lose, but I just won't be surprised nor upset if we do.

Our game is built on manic pressure then run and spread. We have to try and do this after having just Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday off playing footy.

Melbourne, despite their current woes, are built around their many midfielders generating possessions around the contest, plus they did s**t-* all against St Kilda, so based on those things you'd assume their game stacks up more than ours come Wednesday.

We're the better side, but it's a toss of the coin this game given the (stupidly) short break.

---

Actually, on my last comment there, who the hell thought to schedule us and Melbourne like that? Surely we should have played the Thursday night and Collingwood played on the Saturday? Madness.

Melbourne will have the same break we did as they played on saturday also

Im expecting to see 3/4 changes for the melbourne team but their midfield and ruck worry me

Actually, on my last comment there, who the hell thought to schedule us and Melbourne like that? Surely we should have played the Thursday night and Collingwood played on the Saturday? Madness.
Just the AFL being dumb, should've been Rich/coll thursday night and melb/ess on good friday but with the beltings that happened it is egg on face for them.

Next year we go to friday night then saturday night in 2021 so normality resumes in the fixture.

Melbourne will have the same break we did as they played on saturday also

Im expecting to see 3/4 changes for the melbourne team but their midfield and ruck worry me

Why, it didn't worry St Kilda.

Why do people worry and be concerned so much.

Here’s Trent’s comments on his return:

Burgoyne before the match today made the point with his hammy, it’s usually the case if you miss two weeks of footy you need two weeks of running to get the strength back in the legs

They’re only win of the year was Sydney last week up there, won by the same amount as us.
Viney came out with a bit of argy bargy to start the match like they really got emotionally charged before the game.
I don’t think they will again, the night is a big deal as it is.
I think we were far and away a better team than Sydney and where happy to put it back in third gear for the last quarter and a half.
I really hope Lynch is right and Jack usually gets a few against Dees.
We just have to stop they’re midfield from kicking easy goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back