Preview Round 6, 2020: Fremantle v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 11th July, 12:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Dockers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 70 93.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking times! After Tom Hickey lost the top we'd have Luke Delaney effecting the spoil down to the Panther, he'd give the hands to a rapidly running Josh Saunders who'd misdirect a kick somewhat nearby to Tom Curren. Hands off to Nathan Wright and the boys are away! He looks up and sees Tom Lee and Beau Maister making effortless leads into each others space. Not to worry once Maister double grabs at it Mav Weller roves it to Eli Templeton for a snap and resultant out on the full.

2014 take me back.
We would've been top four probably if we didn't get rid of Ledger.

Does anyone else think we are too tall in defence for this game.
I know Wilkie can play on medium forwards, would have gone to sturt (who is now out). Carlisle on Lobb is common sense. Great matchup for us because Lobb is slow like carlisle.

Howard on Taberner, perhaps it allows wilkie to play more aggressively? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

I know Wilkie can play on medium forwards, would have gone to sturt (who is now out). Carlisle on Lobb is common sense. Great matchup for us because Lobb is slow like carlisle.

Howard on Taberner, perhaps it allows wilkie to play more aggressively? Maybe I'm overthinking it.
Wilkie is just as capable on smalls as he is talls. He takes Dusty when he goes forward and Dusty plays small. He'll shut down one of their smalls.

Wilkie freed up to play the third tall/intercept role is ideal.

He will also likely play on Fyfe when he's down there.

What I'm reading is that the pessimistic Saints worrier is coming out in many. Which having been burnt so often in the past is understandable!

But form, reality and what I'm genuinely feeling is we should/will pump these pretenders tomorrow. I'm sensing a close knit unit in good form that's only going to get better as they gain a real understanding just what they are capable of!

Saints by 10 goals!

Wilkie is just as capable on smalls as he is talls. He takes Dusty when he goes forward and Dusty plays small. He'll shut down one of their smalls.

Wilkie is only 1.91, why does everyone think he should be full back or something.
There are plenty of midfielders taller than him.

What I'm reading is that the pessimistic Saints worrier is coming out in many. Which having been burnt so often in the past is understandable!

But form, reality and what I'm genuinely feeling is we should/will pump these pretenders tomorrow. I'm sensing a close knit unit in good form that's only going to get better as they gain a real understanding just what they are capable of!

Saints by 10 goals!
You know people are overthinking it when they are looking at dropping players to match up on an out of form team playing away from home

Saints by 10 goals!
Should certainly give them a spanking!

I am very worried about this game. Just like the Collingwood game, 9 day break v 6 day break meant we had no chance. Well this one is a 3 hour bus drive to the ground to start the match at 12:30 v Freos 5 minute drive.. They will have to get up at 7am and leave by 8:30 just to get there by 11:30 and the game starts one hour later. This is a terrible situation and I have a terrible feeling we are going to struggle.
I would suggest they'll get up and leave a bit earlier than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you change your name?
Messaged Chief and he was happy to change it for me. Made the simpkin name when I made the account back in 2011 and I was 16. Was a fan of Simpkin but having it as my name seemed a little strange. He had a pretty short career and would've managed to remain pretty out of any limelight. Has the right to not have some random on a forum make their name after him.

And can get a How I Met Your Mother reference in this way. :)

Saints by 10 goals!
With King to kick 6+

Herald sun backpage to read:
HAIL TO THE KING!!

Had a look for St Kilda 2014 and this was the top result - maybe not exactly what I was going for but it's strangely relevant. The week Lenny announced his retirement and the Saints took on the team that was 2nd on the ladder...

Ski to 6:10 for a fantastic Panther cameo.

Oh even better that's the Billy Longer 'scoreboard!' game.

Newnes shoved Dempster into Pav's back and knocked him out.

It was a very mellow Thursday night. I miss the good ol thursdays when we had acres, Shelton, wright and co fighting to be in the team....

In saying that, how different does this team look to the last time we played freo! 8 changes if you dont mind..and Paton standing full back on DarcyView attachment 909708
I count 9? Pretty big turnover in what is only 7 or 8 rounds of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back