Review Round 6 - GWS Giants vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't you save that for the Essendon board... or do you need to take your pot shots in the side alleys of other teams' boards?
i wouldn't worry about sad people like him! he is just relaying how he felt after the embarassment of his side on anzac day! while we should win on saturday, i think you guys have a lot of upside to it and in the next few years a going to go places

If GWS get within 160, I'd consider it a win.
Seriously, you got nothing to worry about, in 3 years you'll be in the top 4.

If GWS get within 160, I'd consider it a win.

Posts like this make me want GWS to get within 20 of us.
Totally over the hyping going on by some of our supporters at the moment.

Good luck Giants! Always had a soft spot for you, for not stealing any of our players and for having Sheedy at your club :)
Looking forward to checking out what the future of the AFL is going to be like in glimpses.
Just a pity you're missing so many at the moment, something Essendon has learnt the hard way is that injuries are great for depth, if anything at all.

Essendon by 46.

Last year was a 66 point loss at Skoda. Realistically, getting within 50 down in Melbourne would be a top effort. Would love to see them do much better though.
I think you have a weaker team from last year too (no Davis is a big out), and the addition of Goddard is big for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUTS

Phil Davis (Back)
Nicholas Haynes (Omitted)
Setanta O'hAilpin (Calf)
Lachie Plowman (Omitted)
Lachie Whitfield (Soreness)
Tomas Bugg (Omitted)
Bret Thornton (Omitted)

INS

Taylor Adams
Joshua Bruce
Jacob Townsend
Curtly Hampton
Stephen Gilham
Aidan Corr
Samuel Frost

Good luck to our inclusions. It's your big chance to impress. :)

Essendon
B: Michael Hibberd, Tayte Pears, Courtenay Dempsey
HB: Brendon Goddard, Cale Hooker, Kyle Hardingham
C: Mark Baguley, Jobe Watson, Nick Kommer
HF: Brent Stanton, Stewart Crameri, Leroy Jetta
F: Jackson Merrett, Scott Gumbleton, Alwyn Davey
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Ben Howlett, David Zaharakis
Int: Jake Melksham, David Myers, David Hille, Heath Hocking
Emerg: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Nick O'Brien, Elliott Kavanagh

IN: Leroy Jetta, Tayte Pears, Jake Melksham, Nick Kommer
OUT: Jason Winderlich (rested), Travis Colyer, Dyson Heppell (groin), Jake Carlisle (ankle)

GWS Giants
FB: Adam Kennedy, Tim Mohr, Joshua Bruce
HB: Aidan Corr, Stephen Gilham, Toby Greene
C: Tom Scully, Callan Ward, Jacob Townsend
HF: Rhys Palmer, Jeremy Cameron, Adam Tomlinson
F: Devon Smith, Samuel Frost, Taylor Adams
Foll: Jonathan Giles, Adam Treloar, Dylan Shiel
Int: Zachary Williams, Curtly Hampton, Sam Reid, Stephen Coniglio
Emerg: Thomas Downie, Shaun Edwards, Tomas Bugg

IN: Taylor Adams, Joshua Bruce, Jacob Townsend, Curtly Hampton, Stephen Gilham, Aidan Corr, Samuel Frost
OUT: Phil Davis (back), Nicholas Haynes (omitted), Setanta O'hAilpin (calf), Lachie Plowman (omitted), Lachie Whitfield (soreness), Tomas Bugg (omitted), Bret Thornton (omitted)

It isn't ideal but it looks like Mohr will have to give Giles the chop-out in the ruck, unless they're trying Frost in that role, except he doesn't have the height

It isn't ideal but it looks like Mohr will have to give Giles the chop-out in the ruck, unless they're trying Frost in that role, except he doesn't have the height

Frost was playing the chop-out ruck in the pre-season and did it a bit when Brogan first went out so I'd be expecting him to play that role again. Bruce might be another option, but Frost would have the inside running.

THIS WEEKEND AT ETIHAD STADIUM

All GIANTS members are invited to the Victory Room, Level 1, Docklands side of the ground following the final siren of the game.
Show your membership card at the door to gain access to the GIANTS post-match function where you can meet the playing group and see some of the players tackle hard hitting questions. Players will return to the room approx. 45 mins after the game and a cash bar is available.

Hopefully it's better than the half-arsed one they ran after Round 1, which was poorly advertised, poorly attended, and poorly organized. No one from the club showed up some time after it was meant to start, and the meet and greet was underwhelming.

I hope we play some ugly football in this game and concentrate on choking the game up, if the bombers get the amount of space we have given others they will put 200 on us. We have not shown we can slow down a game and choke it up at any point yet, personally I would like to see it though i am probably in the minority. We are not going to win this game so lets use it to learn some skills we desperately need against a really quality team. It will help us when games that we are in (like the last two) later in the season look like getting away. IMO

This is a really good post and you're 100% right.

Fremantle held Essendon to 1 goal in a half of football when they did exactly this. I hate to say it, and I don't mean to be rude... but you really need to consider this one lost from the outset, as you've said. And just play hard man on man footy and don't give a metre. If you do this, then who knows. If you can keep the damage to sub 10 goals by just playing close quarters footy then it would be half a win. I would expect Sheedy to be watching the Freo first half, that is how to beat Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back