Preview Round 7, St. Kilda vs GWS Giants, Friday 5th May, 7.50pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Slim pickings? Perryman and Finlayson with Whitfield rushed back, you poor bastards what will you do?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For us it is as we have a shitload of guys injured. Our NEAFL team has a bunch of fill ins in it.

If you hadn't put all your efforts into heisting Buddy and that hack dressmaker Tippett you may have some depth as well.

Ok mate, with 6 or 7 number - draft picks on your list it must be tough, not to mention the plethora of top 10ers. Tough times.

I think its tougher to think you've invested $10 million dollars into a bloke that won't deliver you a flag. And another $3 million into a potato who can't get a kick or a mark. That has cost you a competitive team.

I think its tougher to think you've invested $10 million dollars into a bloke that won't deliver you a flag. And another $3 million into a potato who can't get a kick or a mark. That has cost you a competitive team.

I agree Tippett has been a s**t get. Buddy has been awesome. He's done bloody well for us and we wouldn't have made either granny without him.
All I'm saying if you blokes don't win it with this bunch is a disgrace and embarrassment to Leon Cameron.
Having said that I think it will happen.

I agree Tippett has been a s**t get. Buddy has been awesome. He's done bloody well for us and we wouldn't have made either granny without him.
All I'm saying if you blokes don't win it with this bunch is a disgrace and embarrassment to Leon Cameron.
Having said that I think it will happen.

Think you're not posting terribly smart tonight. I also dont beleive we would be tolerated posting this rubbish on your board. Time to give us the same courtesy.

Well I think it's safe to say Greene and Haynes are probably both top 5 most important players at the Giants. Hard to replace one in a week let alone both. Greene looked real frustrated in the box late, can only hope he understands the significance of his actions and how badly he needs to be on the park. He's just so creative and a difficult match-up. As for Haynes, that ability to read the play, peel off your man, intercept, so invaluable. Irreplaceable really.

The return of Whitfeld can't come soon enough. Ultra fit, ultra poised and such an efficient user, he's going to provide an immediate impact.

Tough loss, but I think being back at home you'll win the next two. Obviously these mounting injuries are a concern though.

Just overrun in the last quarter and unable to put a stop to the Saints midfield
First game Back for cogs I thought he did welll and I do agree the SJ looks slow but I feel his experience is valuable till the bye and see how he is going. I am willing to give him next week before I call him cooked

How do we cover the injuries. We have too many

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't tell me you ran out of Academy picks?

Sorry, a bit rude I know. Just dropping in to say that despite the leg-ups from the AFL, for a lot of us Saints, the Giants are a much respected team and it was a very satisfying win against you, possibly our best win of the season (not many to choose from). I'm genuinely sorry to see some of your players get badly injured too, crossing my fingers that your fella Kennedy comes back soon enough.

You guys are going to be consistently formidable in the next few years, so we're hoping to have plenty of great games like tonight with you, and although I hope that the outcome will always be the same, I can't imagine that it will with much confidence, you've just got too many great players.

I'm sure you'll bounce back from this and I expect to see you deep into finals month; hope to see you then. Chin up, good game.

Don't tell me you ran out of Academy picks?

Sorry, a bit rude I know. Just dropping in to say that despite the leg-ups from the AFL, for a lot of us Saints, the Giants are a much respected team and it was a very satisfying win against you, possibly our best win of the season (not many to choose from). I'm genuinely sorry to see some of your players get badly injured too, crossing my fingers that your fella Kennedy comes back soon enough.

You guys are going to be consistently formidable in the next few years, so we're hoping to have plenty of great games like tonight with you, and although I hope that the outcome will always be the same, I can't imagine that it will with much confidence, you've just got too many great players.

I'm sure you'll bounce back from this and I expect to see you deep into finals month; hope to see you then. Chin up, good game.
Just leave the petty whinging about our start up concrssions at the door, and we'll be fine.Your not talking to Mexicans here.
Your guys played a great game of footy tonight and you should be happy, we were beaten by a very good side. Good luck for the rest of the year, I rated your team before tonight and a bit higher now.

Didnt see the whole game only parts, will watch it in the morning but if clubs are chucking big $$$ at Hopper it has clearly gone to his head. Where is that manic attack on the ball and brute strength he showed in his debut game?

Went to the game, a disappointing effort. I think we looked a little heavy in the legs. I think not playing at Spotless for 5 weeks takes its toll. Players are tired and sore.
I know I bang on about slow forwards, but surely everyone would agree after tonight's game. At one stage during the last quarter we had Patton, Steve, Hopper Taranto Jezza and M Kennedy as our forwards . No wonder they smashed us in the last.
Changes for next week ins Lachie, Reid & whoever plays well in the twos.
Out Kenners, Hopper Steve, Bam Bam

Went to the game, a disappointing effort. I think we looked a little heavy in the legs. I think not playing at Spotless for 5 weeks takes its toll. Players are tired and sore.
I know I bang on about slow forwards, but surely everyone would agree after tonight's game. At one stage during the last quarter we had Patton, Steve, Hopper Taranto Jezza and M Kennedy as our forwards . No wonder they smashed us in the last.
Changes for next week ins Lachie, Reid & whoever plays well in the twos.
Out Kenners, Hopper Steve, Bam Bam

For me we have several weaknesses.

Speed and defensive pressure in the forward line is a major flaw. It is a shame none of Hoskin-Elliott, Pickett or Ahern worked out for us.

Dev and Jezza are the only ones putting on a chase. Jezza was actually really effective last night and was continually disruptive. Taranto is slow but does try to tackle but Stevie J is an absolute pedestrian.

We have a heart attack crew down back full of excitement and dare but without any composure or intellect.

Davis is pretty much the only intelligent footballer down back. He has guile and rat cunning and really thinks about his footy. Missing McGrath last year was a devastating blow because even though Taranto is a nice player we sorely miss McGrath's intellect.

We have some blokes that are fumbly and hack kicks most notably Dylan Shiel.

Dyl a superstar with his burst speed but way too often he fumbles under pressure and hack kicks. I reckon Dyl and Adam Treloar still suffer from their early days at the Giants where their ability got them the ball but they lacked time. They are both assassins with the footy today even though they often have ample time.

Unless we get nearly every player back on deck I don't think we are ready this year. We have real class in the team but some crucial missing elements. That class can take us to a granny but can we win one? Everything would have to go right.

We need to make some very hard decisions in the off season and be very specific with our recruitment (not just taking Academy kids because we can).

An injection of defensive pressure up forward, speed and good ball users is key if we are to become the predicted Goliath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with a full strength team and on a bigger ground you'd have knocked us off comfortably. We just caught you at the perfect time.

If we are going to learn stuff about ourselves I'd rather be doing it at this stage of the season.
Never keen to bag players but am leaning towards the Stevie is cooked camp, him out and Reid in just makes sense.

Perryman probably comes in for AK, will be interesting to watch if he does as the mock on him was that he was too slow to be elite..

If we are going to learn stuff about ourselves I'd rather be doing it at this stage of the season.
Never keen to bag players but am leaning towards the Stevie is cooked camp, him out and Reid in just makes sense.

Perryman probably comes in for AK, will be interesting to watch if he does as the mock on him was that he was too slow to be elite..
Hope I'm not too hard on your Bam Bam. I am concerned about his lack of pace, he is a one pacer

Hope I'm not too hard on your Bam Bam. I am concerned about his lack of pace, he is a one pacer
All good, if we didn't have individual opinions we'd be a boring group :)

He is definitely no flyer but he is becoming a bigger part of the team each week, statistically he beat Taranto and Hopper on almost every line last night, especially Hopper whom is a more similar type.

I think losing AK so early made us look slow, not so much losing his speed but that it forced Nathan (when onground) and Zac to pull back a bit, and they are our real pace weapons coming off the back of the square, handing it onto the Shiels, Scullys et all to carry through..

Feel free to.....when it happens.
Well to be fair your board is one of the least precious on BF and I do go there wlthout without any problem.
Our mods undoubtedly think I'm too defensive at times.
But I would let any club go through the post loss discussions themselves though. Just my opinion.

Stevie J seems to be in everyone's firing line right now. Theres no doubting that he has lost pace and tank, but he still has some of the best footy smarts in the game, which is something that you dont lose.

When we brought him in last season there was a lot of talk about him only playing two out of every three weeks. He exceeded expectations and ended up playing just about a full season.

But obviously the time is now here where we need to manage his time and give him regular rests. Leon needs to be smart about which opposition his footy smarts will be more beneficial than his declining physical attributes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back