Game Day Round 8 Vs Geelong - Monday Night Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Interchange:
Banfield (out), Colyer (out), Matera (misses).
Whoever’s left.

Only players I can see who could win their position - Walters, Brayshaw, Lobb in the air (Blicavs beats him with mobility), Aish maybe, Darcy maybe. Break even - Mundy, Acres maybe, Cerra maybe.

We’re getting smashed everywhere else.

Hill out and Conca in... Putrid.

Can we move on the S&C team immediately?

Such a lack of accountability from the club as well lately. Do they think we're morons? What are their values? * me.

Boring , Freo are boring.
Same injured players season after season. You can set your clock to who will be on the injured list. If you're a tall Freo is not the place for you.
No dash, excitement , plodders still getting games . When was the last time we had a goal kicked on the run from 60 metres. Who in the side can kick 60 metres? Haven't had a defender with grunt since Zac retired.
Nothing from the supporters, so quiet at the derby. Supporters are boring.
Admin are boring, Alcock and co beyond boring.

Boring , Freo are boring.
Same injured players season after season. You can set your clock to who will be on the injured list. If you're a tall Freo is not the place for you.
No dash, excitement , plodders still getting games . When was the last time we had a goal kicked on the run from 60 metres. Who in the side can kick 60 metres? Haven't had a defender with grunt since Zac retired.
Nothing from the supporters, so quiet at the derby. Supporters are boring.
Admin are boring, Alcock and co beyond boring.
oldmanclouduntitled-article-1429794386.png.jpg

Here’s a list.
1. Stop ball watching
2. Hit targets by foot and hand
3. Stop the 1m hand balls
4. Don’t get sucked into the contest
5. Spread quicker from the stoppages
6. Don’t give away stupid free kicks like pushing the ball and holding the ball in tackles.
OK. So banfeild
have you seen us in the rain recently? :sick:
Happy for the ducks. Great weather for ducks.

The ins are just so uninspiring. Conca must be one of the most boring players to ever wear a freo shirt. Chipping the ball around half back and badly at that. Such a meh player. You just know Banfield will still be there too despite his absolutely putrid effort last week. Would be great to get a debut for Watson but seems unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson should definitely be given a go. From all reports he was very composed with ball in hand during preseason games, good intercept marking too. With a depleted backline I think bringing in a 190cm player who has a good balance of attack and defence is a no brainer. Make it happen match committee!

Watson should definitely be given a go. From all reports he was very composed with ball in hand during preseason games, good intercept marking too. With a depleted backline I think bringing in a 190cm player who has a good balance of attack and defence is a no brainer. Make it happen match committee!

Yep, plays short or tall as well.

I think it’ll happen.

The ins are just so uninspiring. Conca must be one of the most boring players to ever wear a freo shirt. Chipping the ball around half back and badly at that. Such a meh player. You just know Banfield will still be there too despite his absolutely putrid effort last week. Would be great to get a debut for Watson but seems unlikely.

I have to admit I'm kind of OK with Conca coming back in, if it's frees Aish to return to the wing where he offer much more. Also as mentioned above, I want to see Watson brought in. A backline of Cox, Ryan, Duman, Wilson, Conca and Watson is'n't the worst, even if still very undersized.

I'm not an advocate for taggers, but if we could find some way of keeping Dangerfield to scrappy under pressure possessions then the midfield match up is quite even.

Duncan returning from injury and Steven not really settled in as a player, Parfitt has a bit of class but can be in and out of games and Guthrie, Menegola are solid players at their best, but not stars, and at times can be quite woeful.

Easier said than done though. Do we have someone who could do that job on Dangerfield. Tucker or Blakely perhaps.

If we are going with history, Geelong after two weeks in Perth have a 100% loss rate.
if we're really going with history, the break between games means Geelong's effectively had a bye, and their post bye win % is diabolical

Easier said than done though. Do we have someone who could do that job on Dangerfield. Tucker or Blakely perhaps.

He might not have the match fitness yet, but I was thinking Acres. Not as a tagger per se, but to run with him and apply pressure when required. Acres has the body for it, whereas Brayshaw, Cerra, Walters and Serong would give up too much weight against Dangerfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back