Autopsy Round 9, 2019: Collingwood v St.Kilda *Bruce 100th, Savage 150th, Young debut*

Remove this Banner Ad

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Membership, meet microwave.

Still a couple of years away from finals if that's how we roll when the game is there to be won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
Excellent first three quarters apart from finishing in the second.

Last quarter was poor especially as we had an extra man.

McKenzie out for White next week. Hopefully Hanners, Carlisle, Geary, Lonie, Steven and King are in the lineup by the end of the season too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Robbie Young can hold his head high. Smart footballer, wish he had more of the footy.
Good hard contest for 3 quarters. We looked fantastic at times, but our goal kicking continues to be a huge issue.
Ben Dixon needs to go. Can someone give me one thing he has improved? Give me one reason why Ben Dixon should still be employed by our club.

Kent was a disappointment again. He needs to be dropped to find form, he's had one good game for the year.
Billings isn't worth the money he wants. If he wants to go, lets trade him. He isn't the superstar we all think he could be. He's played a handful of good games and people think its proof he has the ability to be elite. Trade him.

Gresham has been far too quiet this year. He should be making more impact at this stage of his career. It feels like he's gone backwards.

Thought Parker, while providing immense pressure, played dumb at times. Feel like he's almost due a week off.
Seb Ross as captain is a joke. He isn't captain material (Been saying the same about Geary for years so I have form there) Seb Ross maybe shouldn't play next week either, but he will.

Who are our on field leaders? Are there any? Nathan Brown is one of the most experienced on the field, but I rarely see him directing the backline. He seems like he's a 45 year old who plays in the 2nds in the country league just to have a run.

Steele should have been moved in the 4th quarter. It felt like he was missing, he should have been playing on the ball.

Rowan Marshall can hold his head high. Might have been our best for the day. What a star.

It sounds silly to complain about, but it drives me crazy seeing other teams have guys in the right position to pick up a lucky bounce, or to have the ability to find a bloke in space to kick it to. It just feels like it's such a hurdle for us to kick a goal, but the teams we play can pull a goal out of thin air. Frustrating to watch. The footy gods aren't kind to us.

Cleanupsoup

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2016
At Marvel (Etihad(Telstra(Docklands))) stadium
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is it just me, or doesn’t our defensive game plan lend itself to us being completely gassed by the fourth?

We concede a back half mark, then have players sit in space until the kick it to an open man, and when the ball comes out, we peel of a player down the field to tackle the ball carrier, and then they just keep handballing over our heads until they are inside their 50, and all we’ve got to show for it is a bunch of tired saints players

A pies mate rang me at 3/4 time and said you guys are right in this, i said we will blow up in the last, as i expected we did.

Showed we can show great pressure, also showed we cant sustain it. We better win a few from here so my
8th to 12th prediction comes to fuitation :cool:

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
pathetic game plan as usual
watched it , woods kicked it to CHF , easy shots
we still go around boundaries , with the LF leading to the wrong sides
WC fri nite same just kicked to CHF knowing someone would be there
very simple approach

Human Person

Loved Gresham before it was cool.
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Didn’t catch the 4th. Did it look like our structure fell down, or could they have tried to open it up to go for the win and paid for it the other way?

I didnt really expect them to beat Collingwood , we tried hard up till the last change but then class took over . There was a reason that they finished where they did last year and we finished where we did . I still think we are on the right track for the future . We just cant cover the players we have out . The players who have come into the side have done well this season but they got found out a bit in the last quarter by a better team .

Don’t Panic !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back