Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 103-37 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't like people yelling, don't go to the footy, go somewhere quiet. Simple.

Spot On.

It's a Passionate Fans that can be very loud as they are Right into the Game

Don't go IF you hate Yelling and Swearing

One of the best characteristics of our game is that it’s generally safe - for fans to be, to take our kids, for players on the field to be protected from fans. We don’t have high fences, we don’t let off flares, we can’t invade the pitch.

The guy who has been suspended did not mean any harm to the player (although the fact that we were smashing WC may have helped his mood).

But the rule is there for the bigger picture. We can’t have physical interaction between players and fans during a game.

After a game, when the successful team goes to the fence and high fives fans is different - many players seek this out and love it. It’s also in their control.

When the WC player found himself on the fence during play - and had a Pies fan take the ball from him and ruffle his hair - was not something he sought. He should not have had to deal with that. It just shouldn’t happen.
Nobody disagrees with the rule and the concept. The disagreement is whether the punishment not fits the crime taking into account the specifics of the circumstance.

If you're not allowed to touch the player whilst the game is on, then you're not allowed to touch the player whilst the game is on. I don't know how much simpler it could be.

This is obviously why the AFL needs big suspensions & hefty fines, because some supporters can't seem to comprehend simple rules.
Hefty fines and suspensions are not needed in the AFL.

Can you name the last time a player was hurt by a fan during a game?

Spot On.

It's a Passionate Fans that can be very loud as they are Right into the Game

Don't go IF you hate Yelling and Swearing
No TD. Swearing is not ok at the footy.

Apart from winning yesterday, I did enjoy watching our newbies.

How they performed under AFL pressure, how they fitted into an experienced team that had played together for sometime.

Think that all showed something at different times and maybe the cupboard isn't so bare.
Agree Maggie5 that after watching that game makes our Depth look not as bad as 1st Thought

Who are these people? What crowds are you mixing in Apex?
You have more faith in the general public than I do I guess. There are a lot of stupid people out there who will 100% push the boundaries if they think they’ll get off lightly.

So, what if that fan were not a man with tattoos on his face? What if it was an attractive woman in her 20s.

Would the penalty be the same?
If course it would, the rule isn’t age and gender based, stop being ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If course it would, the rule isn’t age and gender based, stop being ridiculous.
Pull your head in! It’s not ridiculous to suggest that it wouldn’t have been looked at.
Get real.

That’s an easy one, straight from the superannuation disclosure statement.

Past performance isn’t an indicator of future performance.

That's what they're trying avoid happening by letting supporters know it's simply not acceptable to touch players during the game.

I'm sick of talking about this to be honest. I thought this rule was already clear, yet we still have morons doing it. And others justifying it.

Pull your head in! It’s not ridiculous to suggest that it wouldn’t have been looked at.
Get real.
You get real. You’re just making up stories about gender bias that isn’t there now to try and prove your point. It’s pathetic.

That's what they're trying avoid happening by letting supporters know it's simply not acceptable to touch players during the game.

I'm sick of talking about this to be honest. I thought this rule was already clear, yet we still have morons doing it. And others justifying it.
I’m not justifying it. But the penalty is too severe.

There was no malice or ill intent.

You have more faith in the general public than I do I guess. There are a lot of stupid people out there who will 100% push the boundaries if they think they’ll get off lightly.

I was commenting more on the likelihood of the thought process.

Player near me
I want to touch him.
Tattooed man got small penalty.
I'll touch him.

Vs

Player near me.
I want to touch him
Tattooed man got big penalty.
I won't touch him.

Either way is weird, but just don't think it works that way. I don't think the size of the penalty will make a difference a week or s season it won't make a difference. It's not a rational decision.

Last edited:
You get real. You’re just making up stories about gender bias that isn’t there now to try and prove your point. It’s pathetic.
No, I posed a hypothetical situation. Be honest and answer it.
An attractive woman doing the same thing does not get looked at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back