Official Match Thread S26 Round 16 Las Vegas Bears vs Gold City Royals at The Maracanã Stadium , Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (The Stadium In The Sky)

The best thing about Brazil is:

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Conservative.
It's difficult given the nature of the sim. (does it give a skill rating to each player before it sims or is it truly just a 50:50 coin toss at each contest?)

All players are treated equally in the eyes of the sim.
So the ratings system becomes just for fun, it is impossible to predict or rate the teams. Is this right?

So the ratings system becomes just for fun, it is impossible to predict or rate the teams. Is this right?

It's always better to act as if there is form in my opinion rather than just going into every game with a 50-50 mentality.

It's always better to act as if there is form in my opinion rather than just going into every game with a 50-50 mentality.
Yeah. But in my system the maths relies on a hierarchy of ability.

Take these two examples

Andrew plays Barry in chess and wins
Barry though beats Charlie.
From this we could surmise without seeing the result that Andrew should beat Charlie.

Now lets look at a different game:
Andrew plays Barry in a game where they toss 100 coins and count the tails. Most tails wins.
Barry then beats Charlie.
There is no real way of predicting (despite many papers being written on the surface dynamics of coin tosses being able to predict the landing side) who would win out of Andrew and Charlie.

So really it's just for fun.

Correct.
(Unless if you want to break down the actual cpu ticks that a language's random function relies on!)
Yep. If you read my coin vs chess analogy above this post, I think that sums it up.

Yep. If you read my coin vs chess analogy above this post, I think that sums it up.
Yep indeed this is a coin toss game, not a chess game. I tend to refer to Qooty as a "spectator sport".
Not all "transactions" in a game are 50:50, of course. For instance a hitout contest is more in the order of 40:40:20 with an option for a no-result and loose ball.; shots at goal have a spread across goal:behind:eek:ut-on-the-full:lolwonders.

Yep indeed this is a coin toss game, not a chess game. I tend to refer to Qooty as a "spectator sport".
Not all "transactions" in a game are 50:50, of course. For instance a hitout contest is more in the order of 40:40:20 with an option for a no-result and loose ball.; shots at goal have a spread across goal:behind:eek:ut-on-the-full:lolwonders.
Thank you for the input.

It certainly helps when deflecting gloats from those people above us on the ladder everyone.

Morning all, fair bit if banter going on in here, haven’t had a chance to read through it all yet, is any of it interesting or is it the usual stuff the Royals bring to the table?

GreyCrow bragged about being inbred. MWPP has been brainwashed into thinking devotion to the Royals is a good thing. miggs plays FIFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning all, fair bit if banter going on in here, haven’t had a chance to read through it all yet, is any of it interesting the usual drivel from the Bears or is it the usual stuff brilliance the Royals bring to the table that sets the tone?

fixed.

At first glance though - can see why the bears attract the bandwagoner types ;)

Sometimes its hard being the best.

At first glance though - can see why the bears attract the bandwagoner types ;)
Post #20 shows a snippet of it's ability to determine final ladder positions. (It can't work for sfa though, so it's just for fun.)

Sometimes its hard being the best.
Speaking of bears being the best , got this last week as a surprise present from someone very special to me :)

upload_2018-11-7_5-8-48.jpeg

Looks a bit like Mark LeCras
Bahaha I now can’t unsee that
Fittingly like LeCras , he has retired from the Eagles (Team Store in this case) a premiership hero .

Back