Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
The actual reserve is not that large, going by the map? There's a long but very narrow section of bushland on one side of the roadway, maybe 400m by 30m, and another section the other side of the roadway which is maybe two or three footy fields in area? I imagine the search is confined to the bushy areas only, and would start where there is road access (which is only a couple of places). There are only a few short tracks leading to what looks like a small dam.

But there is also bushland around the actual reserve. Is that the large area you mean?
Follow the Yarrawee River, plenty of places to dispose of phone, watch, body etc. Road access, off the beaten track, easily hidden with river access. It doesn't have to be exactly where they've said, it's more of a 'location'

Follow the Yarrawee River, plenty of places to dispose of phone, watch, body etc. Road access, off the beaten track, easily hidden with river access. It doesn't have to be exactly where they've said, it's more of a 'location'
Is Webbs Hill Rd the only practical way into and out of the area? If so, there can't be too many places to search. He has to park the vehicle and then drag her to her final location.

That's the area in which Little Dirty and myself found the "odd objects", the place I told you lot about
I was wondering if this was the case but was thinking the river/creek was a bit further out than where you had somewhat mentioned.

From memory, in the last presser, the cop was asked if it was a hit and run and he quite plainly stated "no."

edit: Yep, memory serves well. Now if only I could remember what the missus asked me to do 5 minutes ago.... :D
Car could still be used as a weapon yes?

Only ruled out Hit and Run which if that was the case would probably get a manslaughter charge at most and not murder.

But I think we have gone around in enough circles re car/H+R theories that we can probably leave it alone until they release something.

I went into the Ballarat Central Station, they seemed mildly interested...

They're virtually searching the exact area, give or take a couple of k's up river
So they are more around the Napoleans/Scotchmans Lead area near the river rather than Bunny reserve area?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went into the Ballarat Central Station, they seemed mildly interested...

They're virtually searching the exact area, give or take a couple of k's up river
That was like a couple of weeks ago, right? Seems to have taken them a while to follow up, especially if the current search is for a body as they claim, and not just miscellaneous items of interest. Even so, indicates they don't have all the evidence they need just yet.

That was like a couple of weeks ago, right? Seems to have taken them a while to follow up, especially if the current search is for a body as they claim, and not just miscellaneous items of interest. Even so, indicates they don't have all the evidence they need just yet.
ABC is reporting they are searching for her body but I haven't seen the Police state that, specifically.

Only ruled out Hit and Run which if that was the case would probably get a manslaughter charge at most and not murder.

But I think we have gone around in enough circles re car/H+R theories that we can probably leave it alone until they release something.
Yep, see my reply from the other day about why I think it's not been called a hit and run:

Think the definition of a hit and run is hitting someone, not stopping and driving away. Could just be a technicality that because he did stop to hide the body, is why he's said no to hit & run (would change the entire charging and court process if it were hit & run, I'd assume).

Exactly. No one asked if he had used his car as a weapon & deliberately hit her & disposed of her body. Quite different to a hit & run.

Yep, see my reply from the other day about why I think it's not been called a hit and run:
They were my thoughts to which you said the other day too. It still strikes me that before the arrest there was an interview with a detective I have posted here somewhere as well that was something along the lines of reporter asked whether they had executed any search warrants on cars, detective said no, reporter quickly went back with something like you wouldn't say yes even if you had would you? Detective laughed and nodded and said no comment. To me it seemed like they had something back then but a very small something.

As I said it went around in 1000 circles that I had no idea who was where and what side of the story anyone was anymore.

Exactly. No one asked if he had used his car as a weapon & deliberately hit her & disposed of her body. Quite different to a hit & run.

Yes still think this is the strongest theory, or at least something along those lines. Personally I believe he accidentally hit her driving like an idiot (whilst high), panicked (because he was doing a bunch of illegal stuff), put her in the car and “finished the job” elsewhere. This is why POS has not given up the location of the body, as that could confirm she was alive at some point after a potential car accident which would warrant a murder charge.

Reports of him being on a drug fueled bender with little sleep, police interest in a damaged car, phone pings indicating a body being moved, previous traffic offences, all support this theory.

I know there are plenty of rumours flying around Ballarat, and the potential SOCIT listings, that may go against that theory. But I’m just an outsider working with what we actually know.

Yes still think this is the strongest theory, or at least something along those lines. Personally I believe he accidentally hit her driving like an idiot (whilst high), panicked (because he was doing a bunch of illegal stuff), put her in the car and “finished the job” elsewhere. This is why POS has not given up the location of the body, as that could confirm she was alive at some point after a potential car accident which would warrant a murder charge.

Reports of him being on a drug fueled bender with little sleep, police interest in a damaged car, phone pings indicating a body being moved, previous traffic offences, all support this theory.

I know there are plenty of rumours flying around Ballarat, and the potential SOCIT listings, that may go against that theory. But I’m just an outsider working with what we actually know.
There is no public evidence of a 'drug fueled bender. There is no public evidence of 'phone pings indicating a body being moved'. There is no proof of 'previous traffic offences'. There is no proof that the SOCIT listings pertain to the same person. So, essentially, whie your theory is plausible, there is no evidence which makes it the 'strongest' or even any more plausible than any of the other theories.

I guess as time goes on, I don't buy into any accidental, panicking aspect as you'd expect by now he'd feel some remorse, guilt, empathy even. But if he's continuing to not co-operate or assist in revealing where Samantha's body is, that makes me think he's more calculated & evil. Not just an accident gone horribly wrong.

But who knows.

Btw, I've never thought it was an accident. Particularly when the police have also categorically stated it was deliberate.

Last edited:
The "accidentally hit her whilst on drugs" theories are back.

star wars no GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back