Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and look how that has turned out. UK austerity measures were utter dogshit and they still haven't recovered from them. Extra staff and funding in the NHS would have come in handy right about now...

Nonsense. UK reached record employment pre virus and the deficit was under 2% gdp.

Why extra staff for the nhs? Didnt even reach capacity. As for funding it wasnt cut.

Amazing that people still parrot this trope.

The retail workers who have had their jobs ripped out from under their feet don't even have a union to strike for better deals like the police and nurses do.

Actually, the Sda (which is the Retail union) has a pretty cushy relationship with large retail companies.

Sda gets carte blanche access to retail workers a nd their dues.

In return these companies get to organise a deal with the Shoppies that are so bad a young butcher was able to prove that the employees were worse off with an excel s/sheet.

This lead to the Fair Work Commission, Coles and the Shoppies all being made to look like fools.

Id argue that the Sda does a sub optimal job for the members and an excellent job for the employers.

What you're advocating for here is large scale government intervention to shift any losses or economic fallout that may be suffered by the private sector onto the public sector.

May be suffered? Certain industries like tourism were thrown under the bus through no fault of their own.

Why should only the private sector suffer? On what possible basis is that fair?

Such ideas belong in the loony bin.

Hardly. Public servants are already overpaid, they certainly shouldnt be getting any pay raises in the foreseeable future.

Are you unaware of the massive centrelink lines?

And how many of those were sacked public servants?

How to prove my point.

Pull your head out the sand.

Stop trying to justify public servants living at the expense of those who pay their wages who have been savagely impacted by the crisis.

Actually, the Sda (which is the Retail union) has a pretty cushy relationship with large retail companies.

Sda gets carte blanche access to retail workers a nd their dues.

In return these companies get to organise a deal with the Shoppies that are so bad a young butcher was able to prove that the employees were worse off with an excel s/sheet.

This lead to the Fair Work Commission, Coles and the Shoppies all being made to look like fools.

Id argue that the Sda does a sub optimal job for the members and an excellent job for the employers.
A bosses' union run by the last DLP refugees.

I've been mostly offline for a day and a bit so apologies if anyone else has posted this excellent article.

Nails it.

I have very little confidence Morrison has any idea how to guide the country out of this massive recession that is hitting, and he seems to already have given up and just defaulted to his trademark puerile s**t.

May be suffered? Certain industries like tourism were thrown under the bus through no fault of their own.

Why should only the private sector suffer? On what possible basis is that fair?

Hardly. Public servants are already overpaid, they certainly shouldnt be getting any pay raises in the foreseeable future.

And how many of those were sacked public servants?

How to prove my point.

Stop trying to justify public servants living at the expense of those who pay their wages who have been savagely impacted by the crisis.
Bloody hell.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest public servants are over paid, that is your opinion. The fact that public servants' wages have grown at a greater rate than workers in other (and not all) sectors is not evidence that public servants are overpaid. Not to mention wage growth has been criminally low the past few decades anyway.

I never even argued in favour of pay rises for public servants, not to sure why you've kicked up such a fuss, I'm simply against gutting the public sector in favour of this neoliberal myth that 'small government is good government'. A small, under-resourced public sector can't help those people in the Centrelink queue.

What private businesses do you deem worthy of assistance? We can't help them all.

And how are you going to help them? It appears you're suggesting additional help beyond the measures already in place. Let me be clear, I absolutely support the measures currently in place, I'd even favour an expanded version of JobKeeper.

Helping the private sector need not come at the expense of the public sector. A well resourced public sector is better poised to provide the assistance that the private sector needs right now.

Nonsense. UK reached record employment pre virus and the deficit was under 2% gdp.

Why extra staff for the nhs? Didnt even reach capacity. As for funding it wasnt cut.

Amazing that people still parrot this trope.

Funding was cut through efficency dividends, as population and cuts grew, the NHS was forced to find savings. If there was extra staff and facilities, people could have gone to hospital instead of dying in in homes and aged care facilities.

Crime, suicide, mortality and poverty all rose under austerity, while wage growth stagnated.

Austerity is the economic strategy of dumb *s who don't care about the quality of the human lives it affects.

Funding was cut through efficency dividends, as population and cuts grew, the NHS was forced to find savings. If there was extra staff and facilities, people could have gone to hospital instead of dying in in homes and aged care facilities.

Crime, suicide, mortality and poverty all rose under austerity, while wage growth stagnated.

Austerity is the economic strategy of dumb fu**s who don't care about the quality of the human lives it affects.

made the thatcher govt look like heady drunken sailors spending up on the town

Austerity is the economic strategy of dumb fu**s who don't care about the quality of the human lives it affects.
And austerity is certainly not the type of fiscal policy that should be adopted during a recession.

Ah so the vast number of unemployed who became employed under austerity ended up with a worse quality of life? I can remember all the usual dribblers saying austerity would cause mass unemployment.

Such ignorance.

As if the UK could have sailed on with a budget deficit of 10% of gdp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been mostly offline for a day and a bit so apologies if anyone else has posted this excellent article.

Nails it.

Nah, just repeats tired pathetic meme re the Jew hater having something to offer economics.

"Gone is the Keynesian language about the benefits of the largest stimulus package in Australian history, when jobkeeper was announced in March."

"Despite the fact that mass unemployment is caused by a lack of demand for products, Morrison announced that his plan was to focus on the skills of the unemployed"

Oh the humour.

Nah, just repeats tired pathetic meme re the Jew hater having something to offer economics.

"Gone is the Keynesian language about the benefits of the largest stimulus package in Australian history, when jobkeeper was announced in March."

"Despite the fact that mass unemployment is caused by a lack of demand for products, Morrison announced that his plan was to focus on the skills of the unemployed"

Oh the humour.
My god, you really have nothing, do you?

My god, you really have nothing, do you?
If you consider the desire for things universal then the limiting factor is the means to acquire it, assuming that the offer of fulfilling that desire is made to all and any - then it's not a function of demand strictly, it's a function of the ability to demand.

People can't work without money being spent, so more money means more people able to satisfy their existing desires.

Hence, stimulus package to get the ball rolling. More consumer cash freely exchanged for goods and services they desire, the goods and service providers then spend their new money on supplying that desire and servicing the facilitation of it.

I think stimulus works, it's just not going to make a broken engine run - but it might jumpstart one.

It's already been established that those that went the austerity route after the GFC, recovered worse.

It's actually quite embarrassing to see people still trying to argue against stimulus.

More than half a year before the COVID crisis, the bloody Reserve Bank of Australia - the most conservative, apolitical, professional, disinterested, balance sheet bottom-line body you could ever care to conjure - was telling the government to boost spending, because the economy was tanking.

They've continued their calls throughout, with another announcement just yesterday.

And still there are fools on here denying reality, or trying to politicise the issue.

(I guess it is a bit awkward when you’ve devoted your life to tearing down the whole idea of government as a good, then this worldwide crisis comes along that reveals with crystal clarity that it’s government, and only government, that is in any position to deal with it.)

Stimulus is not politics, it’s just plain common sense.

It's actually quite embarrassing to see people still trying to argue against stimulus.

More than half a year before the COVID crisis, the bloody Reserve Bank of Australia - the most conservative, apolitical, professional, disinterested, balance sheet bottom-line body you could ever care to conjure - was telling the government to boost spending, because the economy was tanking.

They've continued their calls throughout, with another announcement just yesterday.

And still there are fools on here denying reality, or trying to politicise the issue.

(I guess it is a bit awkward when you’ve devoted your life to tearing down the whole idea of government as a good, then this worldwide crisis comes along that reveals with crystal clarity that it’s government, and only government, that is in any position to deal with it.)

And been proved over our history to be a correct strategy time and time again, yet still the RWNJ deny it

I'll still never forget the day that someone (who shall not be named) from BF told me that 'Keynesian economics was proven false in the 1970s'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back