Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 6 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol the difference is Hawthorn Football Club have a really good track record.

Scotty from marketing has been defending premier since 2018. A solid few years so far and he's on track for at least 2 more prime minister terms. Such is the excellence of his leadership. Not even Malcolm could turn everyone against our Scotty.

Scotty from marketing has been defending premier since 2018. A solid few years so far and he's on track for at least 2 more prime minister terms. Such is the excellence of his leadership. Not even Malcolm could turn everyone against our Scotty.

wager?

if scomo doesnt win the next two elections you change your avatar permanently to Damian Barrett (and agree to let mods remove your ability to change it)

if scomo wins the two, i change to Bronwyn Bishop

Time to stop

Both parties are going to have to accept increased independents and minor parties. And the sooner the better for democracy in Australia.

I don't agree with either of those statements and not sure they are correct - certainly not in relation to the House of Representatives where government is formed and key decisions are made and where the ALP and LNP hold 144 of the 155 seats.

I see the greatest emerging concern in both the House of Reps and Senate as the emergence of Independents mid term - candidates elected under a party banner and turning independent mid term. I don't think that is either honourable or desirable where people are clearly voting for a candidate with a party attachment printed on the ballot paper only to see that candidate jump ship after the election.

Another concern is a single independent candidate gaining leverage in government decision making that far exceeds their electoral mandate. Not sure if that is good for democracy either.

I don't agree with either of those statements and not sure they are correct - certainly not in relation to the House of Representatives where government is formed and key decisions are made and where the ALP and LNP hold 144 of the 155 seats.

I see the greatest emerging concern in both the House of Reps and Senate as the emergence of Independents mid term - candidates elected under a party banner and turning independent mid term. I don't think that is either honourable or desirable where people are clearly voting for a candidate with a party attachment printed on the ballot paper only to see that candidate jump ship after the election.

Another concern is a single independent candidate gaining leverage in government decision making that far exceeds their electoral mandate. Not sure if that is good for democracy either.

I actually think the Gillard government - a minority government - was actually a really good government.

I also believe two party systems are bad for democracy.

Don't cry when ScottMo gets re-elected.

I won't cry IF by some strange occurrence that he loses.
You’d cry if you had to attempt one ******* hour of my daily work life, PM me, spend one hour doing what I do, I’ll cover all your costs, if you can even remotely get close to what I achieve in an hour of my day I’ll double it.
Bring a good mask, are you double vaxxed, do have all your limbs?
I’ll supply the tools, product and knowledge!👍
There’s $2000.00 + what you earn an hour, on the table brah, I’m not a betting man, but in your case, I’m willing to make a decent wager you won’t even contemplate what others go through, like me as a tradesman to improve someone’s life to put bread on my table.
PM me!

Form The Guardian:

The independent senator Jacqui Lambie has lashed out at the Coalition for more than three years of delay on introducing a national integrity commission.

In the Senate, Lambie said voters would be angry at the next election about the government’s “promises you fail to deliver”.

Lambie said Australia has put up with the Liberals in government for eight years and Scott Morrison is the worst prime minister “on record”, calling him “incompetent” and “not a leader”.

Lambie added she is “enjoying watching him and you fall apart”.

Lambie also warned the Liberal MPs in Tasmania Bridget Archer and Gavin Pearce she will help boot them from parliament.

She said:

I look forward to running candidates there and directing preferences where they deserve to go – not to political liars.

Make sure your people in Bass and Braddon enjoy their last few months.
Amazing that our government is so poor she can make them look like utter incompetents when lets face it - she aint the sharpest knife in iraq.

I also believe two party systems are bad for democracy.

No and No.

There is no two party system in Australia.

You only have to take a look at the size of the Senate ballot paper in some states or House of Reps ballot paper in marginal electorates to see that. There are a large number of political parties in existence in Australia at any particular time.

The fact that the ALP, Liberal Party, Liberal Party of Queensland and the the National Party candidates dominate House of Reps seats is simply due to the fact that people have decided to vote for candidates with those particular party connections as opposed to the alternatives in each of the 151 House of Reps seats.

Now of course the organisational and campaigning resources varies widely across candidates and gives those with the largest resources a significant advantage in seeking election. No surprises then that like minded candidates should seek to pool their resources to maximise their potential for getting votes. This is how political parties are formed.

That two major political parties (or coalitions of parties) are eventually formed to maximise the collective chances of gaining an absolute majority in the House of Representatives is no surprise. In fact it is entirely predictable and rational behaviour.

Also predictable and rational is the fact that alliances between one of the major parties and one or more of the smaller parties is formed to create a majority in the case of a hung Parliament. Whether such a minority government is 'good' or 'bad' is simply a matter of judgement and largely reflective of the behaviour of the leaders and individuals involved,

These outcomes are in no way 'bad for democracy'. It is simply a political reality of an open democracy.

And, as we often see when elected members cross the floor or change political allegiances, the fact remains that it is the individual and not the party that is elected under our Parliamentary system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

…And just as I said, right away you prove yourself entirely incapable of mounting a fact-based argument justifying your support for Scott Morrison.

Nothing but a barracker.

No and No.

There is no two party system in Australia.

You only have to take a look at the size of the Senate ballot paper in some states or House of Reps ballot paper in marginal electorates to see that. There are a large number of political parties in existence in Australia at any particular time.

The fact that the ALP, Liberal Party, Liberal Party of Queensland and the the National Party candidates dominate House of Reps seats is simply due to the fact that people have decided to vote for candidates with those particular party connections as opposed to the alternatives in each of the 151 House of Reps seats.

Now of course the organisational and campaigning resources varies widely across candidates and gives those with the largest resources a significant advantage in seeking election. No surprises then that like minded candidates should seek to pool their resources to maximise their potential for getting votes. This is how political parties are formed.

That two major political parties (or coalitions of parties) are eventually formed to maximise the collective chances of gaining an absolute majority in the House of Representatives is no surprise. In fact it is entirely predictable and rational behaviour.

Also predictable and rational is the fact that alliances between one of the major parties and one or more of the smaller parties is formed to create a majority in the case of a hung Parliament. Whether such a minority government is 'good' or 'bad' is simply a matter of judgement and largely reflective of the behaviour of the leaders and individuals involved,

These outcomes are in no way 'bad for democracy'. It is simply a political reality of an open democracy.

And, as we often see when elected members cross the floor or change political allegiances, the fact remains that it is the individual and not the party that is elected under our Parliamentary system.

I respectfully disagree.

The Gillard government is the only minority government in my lifetime.

1/ There are democracies the world over that are not two party systems. The UK, USA and Australia are in fact in the minority with regard to this.

2/ A two party system is easily made partisan. Australia is a great example, the LNP has been taken over by a bunch of useful idiots who act almost entirely for the mining lobby and other big business interests.

Read some of A. C. Grayling.

A two party system is not how it is supposed to work and it is easily manipulated as we are seeing. The current Morrison government is not a representative government except for a very narrow set of interests.

This country is run by lying morons. And some love it.

to be fair, funding is paying half the bill

states have been spending a shitload on pcr testing (many millions a week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back