Racing September Daily Punt- RIP Mikaela Claridge & Mel Tyndall

Who wins the Golden Rose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They won’t clash.

Something will pop up to beat the godolphin cat in the 1000 guineas while dalasan probably runs into the second place getter in the golden rose in the guineas
Perhaps overall results after Caulfield Guineas? Eg. No of wins( if equal then who higher etc.. ) you catch my drift

Ok thoughts for the day

Dalasan. he ran 8 lengths slower and also 3 lenghts slower in the last 200 m than the Bobby Lewis. The 3yos are disgusting but Dalasan is clearly the bst of them, He will get much better as they go further and knocking back the Million they were offered for him was a good decision.
Also the sectionals are not right on racing.com. Express Pass ran past Sebrekate in the last 200m yet ran a slower sectional? does not make sense. (sectionals are bulls**t btw)
Mystic Journey. my initial thoughts were right. she was half a run short. They ran half a second outside the track record so its not as if they walked and sprinted. She will be fine, forgive. Scales of Justice sat in the death in a fast run race. forgive. Mr Quickie is underated. Waltzed past Hartcat at WFA. In for a great prep.
Gatting.. well time and time again WA horses come over and win at big odds... Eastern states horses are way over rated and i did not look at the form close enough so i should have had a few bucks on him. But hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not letting those WA Tassie and SA cats get away next time though.
Zoutori was highly impressive.. but beat Parsifal who is just out of 70 class... Zoustars are terrible 2yos and a slow maturing but thrive as they get older. Weird for sprinters.
Bivouac i backed on the basis that i thought it would be ridden cold, Happy to be wrong for once!
Arcadia Queen was dour but killed them, Might win the Everest by default but will kill them in the Golden Eagle. Think thats its main aim
Amberdi a sneaky big run in the mares race. 3 wide without cover all race and only got beaten a length, Got a group race in vic in it with the right run.
And fair dinkum The Harrovian in Cairns won the Amatuer Cup by lengths arrogantly and can win a group 2 or 3 race in QLD next prep.
Girl Jockeys pantsed the guy jockeys yet again. Why they dont get more rides i have no clue. Michelle Payne was right... come at me!

Daily sectionals do get the horses wrong occasionally (more than they like to admit). I know a few times it coincided with the caller getting the horses name wrong. The sectionals in those cases had the horses wrong way around. Can be a bit of a nightmare. Not sure if the racing.com data is that electronic one or they still with DS though.

I will bet you anything on dalasan over Exhilerates over 1400m or further. Anything. Like millions.
I was wrong about MJ, if you think horses are fully fit every time they go around when there are bigger targets later in the year well i have no words for you.
My point with Bivouac is that i was wrong also... I could have posted better winners on the day for me.. jesus christ you are a bitter man

Why didn't you post them then? This is a punting board after all

Not bitter at all - just making sure this doesn't become a board of people coming in with endless post race winners which is against the board rules.

And I'll take Exhilirates all day if they ever mate.

As for MJ - people come up with random excuses all the time when a horse doesn't prove good enough to win a race it is expected to - the margin to Hartnell suggests she was perfectly fit enough and just got beaten by a better one on the day

Deidre very unlucky in Irish Champion Stakes should have placed and possibly even won. Sick viewing for those that were on.

Deidre very unlucky in Irish Champion Stakes should have placed and possibly even won. Sick viewing for those that were on.

LG form!

Probably would have run second but running past Magical is another thing entirely

Why didn't you post them then? This is a punting board after all

Not bitter at all - just making sure this doesn't become a board of people coming in with endless post race winners which is against the board rules.

This.

Lets cut out the petty crap as well or else we will just thread ban posters from here on in if it continues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an awful day yesterday

There are 10 superb races (lotteries) at Sha Tin today GE - I will be trying to identify a few horses and hopefully they can at least run top 5.

food for thought.

If Gatting was from Japan/Europe, the same people complaining would just say how much better japanese form is and MJ has run well second up the mile.

Extremely poor call/logic doesn't work - we have seen Gatting race horses that have come east before that haven't measured up and there are clear comparable formlines.

Yes but its from WA

that's sort of the point.

for instance no one really cared when the Lee Steere was on back in october last year. the only eastern states traveled horse was wfa G1 placed star exhibit who ran 2nd last in a field of 8.

3 have since won on east coast (1st, 4th, 5th). 2x G1's and 6th holds an everest slot. if that was in japan no questions would be asked. but because WA horses don't travel the general person can't line up the form year to year because it fluctuates.

that's sort of the point.

for instance no one really cared when the Lee Steere was on back in october last year. the only eastern states traveled horse was wfa G1 placed star exhibit who ran 2nd last in a field of 8.

3 have since won on east coast (1st, 4th, 5th). 2x G1's and 6th holds an everest slot. if that was in japan no questions would be asked. but because WA horses don't travel the general person can't line up the form year to year because it fluctuates.

Again your logic doesn't stack up. Horse has been beating repeatedly by multiple horses that didn't measure up over here (MM, Rock Magic, Durendal) - we have seen him not measure up before in a Railway etc etc

The point is absolutely incorrect and has no basis in fact.

There are more than enough formlines in his past career starts to show how he hasn't been up to this grade in the past.

And I'll take Exhilirates all day if they ever mate.
Exhilarates is trash mate, that's not even Super Seth form.

You've doubled down from a terrible form line to an even worse one, then picked a horse who won't run 1400m down a well with an anchor tied to it.

This is peak Paris.

Exhilarates is trash mate, that's not even Super Seth form.

You've doubled down from a terrible form line to an even worse one, then picked a horse who won't run 1400m down a well with an anchor tied to it.

This is peak Paris.

Flogging Absolute Flirt looked pretty good after yesterday ;)

Again your logic doesn't stack up. Horse has been beating repeatedly by multiple horses that didn't measure up over here (MM, Rock Magic, Durendal) - we have seen him not measure up before in a Railway etc etc

The point is absolutely incorrect and has no basis in fact.

There are more than enough formlines in his past career starts to show how he hasn't been up to this grade in the past.

strong form analysis from you to go back 18 months to 1100/1200m races when slowly away on ldr tracks.

strong form analysis from you to go back 18 months to 1100/1200m races

How far is the Railway please?

Sorry mate but you need to get the WA chip off your shoulder - it's not like he was hiding away in some other jurisdiction - he has raced eastern state horses and horses that have come east and been beaten regularly. There was plenty of form available to say he was not up to it.

MM is really only disappointment.

as i said yesterday. the only horses to beat Gatting over mile-middle distance in last 18 months are G1 winners, Galaxy Star, Arcadia Queen, Material Man, Great Shot. you can include Come Play with me over 2200m if you wish (not g1 winner)

Your call in the middle of the week

Gatting - LST poor, trialled yday en route to CP via Makybe, Underwood, Caulfield Stk, best ~ 90.0 (done it 3 times) G2 rating likely more G3/G2 level. his best is probably about 5-7L off a standard CP. but below avg CP this year IMO. he's a bit of a loose unit in the head. normally works 3 mile in the morning to take the top off him so it is hard to get him to a level performing at the very top.

This is a random conclusion you have come to post race - in no way is it comparable to a foreign raider with completely different untested formlines coming here and winning in the same style. And if you think it is a valid comparison I think that says a lot

Back