September Daily Punt - Spring is in the air

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Extreme Choice has to be massive unders stepping out in this sorta company without knowing if he's any better or not.

Cracking race though, Redzel's the only one that would surprise me if he saluted.

Geez Extreme Choice has to be massive unders stepping out in this sorta company without knowing if he's any better or not.

Cracking race though, Redzel's the only one that would surprise me if he saluted.

rain the only reason i'd risk him. 2 horse race for mine the map and rain probably makes things a bit muddled and brings two or three in. that price is based on no improvement. as a stallion prospect you know he's wound up. only question is did the GS kill him. been looking forward to this guy for a long time. he's nowhere near Chautauqua on a set weights scale but WFA and him racing on pace gives him a big advantage here. if he's drawn inside Buffering i think they're comparable at set weights with Buff getting a slight advantage but he's got 6.5kg to work with.

Lucky Hussler an elite race horse but get him to a mile please.

Chautauqua clearly better then these though. i could probably have him in the red here with EC price about right.

Last edited:

Haha - I was going to say the Beast must have lost a leg and should be odds on against this cattle.

Extreme Choice does look way too short. As does Lucky Hussler first up 1000. Heatherly should be second fave for mine.

No Tosen on Sunday? Pehaps Weir smartly putting him away for a Warrnambool Cup battle with PoP?

Happy to play around Hartnell at the current price until he's shown he can reproduce his best in Melbourne - if he does so and wins so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rain the only reason i'd risk him. 2 horse race for mine the map and rain probably makes things a bit muddled and brings two or three in. that price is based on no improvement.
Well I hope so, but I'd like to see it first.

Even Chat will be heart in your mouth stuff for a majority of the race, I'm not sure he's a 'put in take out' job at the Valley.

Haha - I was going to say the Beast must have lost a leg and should be odds on against this cattle.

Extreme Choice does look way too short. As does Lucky Hussler first up 1000. Heatherly should be second fave for mine.
Massive risk of blowing it at the start. Puts one foot wrong and she's gone in this grade, Buff surely has runs on the board to be 2nd pick.

can someone help me with the map for the moir. currently it's Chautauqua++, Lucky Hussler+ and everything else slaughtered. i have Extreme Choice getting close to Chautauqua in transit or at least three deep second set which is absurd. nearly looks a perfect barrier draw for Chautauqua and probably the worst for EC given the others in the race.

who takes sits? Redzel would be crazy to not hold the barrier BOM and Buff just have to lead. Wild Rain probably at least can get cover. just horses everywhere on pace

i see redzel leading from buffering on the outside. heatherly 3 deep cos i cannot see buffering handing up the death or lead. Ball of Muscle behind the leader which was his possi last year, Lucky Hustler 3 back the fence, Chataqua last, Extreme Choice could be anywhere from last outside Chataqua to 3 and 4 wide outside the leader. If i was Price i would scratch him and find another race

yep the 3yo who won their derby Makahiki

seth

This years lay of the season currently trading at $6.6 on Betfair (Postponed $3 fave)

This is one of the weakest editions in years so if they are ever going to break their duck this is it. Still I refuse to back them in the Arc until they prove they can actually win one.

This years lay of the season currently trading at $6.6 on Betfair (Postponed $3 fave)

This is one of the weakest editions in years so if they are ever going to break their duck this is it. Still I refuse to back them in the Arc until they prove they can actually win one.

You were on Orfevre too!! :)

Rising Romance will enjoy the drop back to mares grade at the Cattery on Friday night but looks way to short for a horse that hasn't won in Australia for 2.5 years, can easily dog it at the drop of a hat, and these days looks better suited over 2000m than a mile.

Lay of the night.

Rising Romance will enjoy the drop back to mares grade at the Cattery on Friday night but looks way to short for a horse that hasn't won in Australia for 2.5 years, can easily dog it at the drop of a hat, and these days looks better suited over 2000m than a mile.

Lay of the night.

you miss-spelt Ken's Dream

big scratching with Omei Sword. another High Chapp going down with respiratory problems looked unders for mine already but was really keen on Skylight Glow at double figures pre scratching.

big scratching with Omei Sword. another High Chapp going down with respiratory problems looked unders for mine already but was really keen on Skylight Glow at double figures pre scratching.

Pfft - would have flogged them.

Is she done for spring or can they reroute to Caulfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back