State of Origin SFA SoO#9 Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Reardo hits the front but there are at least 13 players who still have a chance of getting their hands on the prestigious Boncer Medal. The final minor award of the night is about to be unveiled…

The Sweet Undies Memorial Dental Plaque is awarded to the player who contributed the Least Value to the competition. The player must have played each game and not be a bot. This award, hotly contested among forward and back pockets as well as those who frequent the bench, was awarded to the player with the lowest DT score over the entire tournament. With players of the ilk of Jugallo Balla, boncer34, ClarkeM and Matt121 in the running until the very last round it was not necessarily the list of n00bs and inactives expected. The winner of this award, however, averaged a startling DT average of just under 10 and accrued a total of 19 disposals over his 5 games. It gives me great pleasure to hand the Sweet Undies Memorial Dental Plaque for the Least Valuable Player to Vic Metro benchwarmer eth_dog. Congratulations eth_dog!

The final round of the State of Origin Championships started in WA with the South Australians ensuring their Western rivals were left bereft of wins in a truly exceptional game. SA had 10 more scoring shots than WA but only managed to win by the skin of their teeth and 5 points. HawkPatrol, enjoying his run in the midfield, and Ljp, continuing his starring roles in defeats, were fantastic for WA while Simba and Dagless were the standouts for SA, and Loopy_cam and Andonis1997 kicked 7 behinds between them.

The game between Vic Country and NSW&ACT was billed as part one of the grand final but failed to live up to the billing after quarter time as NSW&ACT kicked away to win by nearly 10 goals. TheTommyGun managed 4 goals but not a single Country player got close to Mobbenfuhrer’s 17 possessions. NSW&ACT on the other hand had an even spread of performers, with IllBeTheJudge, BomberBears, Gee Dub, pantskyle and Flaps doing their bit, while no_orange_peeler kicked 5 goals 3 from the pocket and flank to cement his reputation as one of the most exciting forwards of the carnival.

The de facto Grand Final of the competition was therefore between The Allies and Vic Metro. In a phenomenal game, Metro led at every break only to have The Allies run all over the top of them and take the title with a 4 goal win. Wise Guy Sam, ThePuppetMaster and Eth were all excellent for Metro but couldn’t match it with Reardo, Marklar and IMS, who played a true captain’s game to get The Allies over the line.

Votes for Round 5:

WA vs SA
3 – HawkPatrol (WA)
2 – Simba (SA)
1 – boncer34 (WA)

VC vs NSW
3 – Gee Dub (NSW)
2 – tigland (VC)
1 – Big Bad Buddy (VC)

TA vs VM
3 – Eth (VM)
2 – Reardo (TA)
1 – Prospect Vale’s Finest (TA)

Final Leaderboard:
8: Reardo (TA)
6: Gee Dub (NSW)
5: Big Bad Buddy (VC), Deddy (VM), drew23, Eth(VM), Loopy_cam (SA), St Fly (VM)
3: beez (VM), BILC (VC), doggies ftw (VM), Flaps (NSW), HawkPatrol (WA), larrikin (WA), Lion Cub 16 (SA), pantskyle (NSW),
2: Itsmyshow (TA), Marklar_33 (TA), RoaringUniLions (TA), royboy2 (VC), Simba (SA), saintkildaman (NSW), tigland (VC), WishinAintGettin (SA)
1: A Flying Pube (TA), boncer34 (WA), Mr Eagle (WA), Pie 4 Life (VC), Prospect Vale’s Finest (TA), Speck (VM)

And so the inaugural winner of the Boncer Medal is The Allies’ ruckman, poster-boy and all around good guy Reardo. Although he didn’t possess the highest number of hitouts, he was by far the most mobile ruckman, slotting 6 goals to go with his 15 tackles and equal 3rd on the list of kicks. An extraordinary campaign that is justly rewarded with being crowned the State of Origin Most Valuable Player!

He triumphs over a fast finishing Gee Dub and a slew of Victorians (and Loopy_cam) while boncer scores a point in his eponymous award.

On a personal note, I’d just like to say thanks to you all for putting up with ridiculous team submission deadlines, games posted at 2am the day after they were supposed to go up, and my penchant for typing semi-colons in place of apostrophes. Thanks to Eth and Gibbsy. for holding to their part of the grand final broadcast bargain, to Bonce for giving me a go and putting up with my disregarding most of his preferences and Mobbs for crafting a great simulator.

That’s all from the State of Origin for this season. I hope you enjoyed it.

Midfield youngsters Deddy and drew23 are out front with ruckmen Reardo and St Fly breathing down their necks. We’ll return to the count shortly but now it’s time for the next of the minor awards.

The Marklar Medal is to be awarded to the player with the most Marklar-esque qualities of being a good player and a poster everyone knows but no one really rates highly enough. The player most deserving of the accolade of Most Underrated for SoO#9 is… Dagless. Dagless was by far the most important, prolific and enjoyable poster for SA while being their mainstay in the ruck and runaway leader of the Hitouts from start to finish. Congratulations Dagless!
popovich-thumbs-up-o.gif

Thankyou for the Leading Goalkicker award for the State of Origin. I want to 1stly personally thank boncer for signing me with the Hawks because if he didn't, I would not have played State of origin :thumbsu:

Secondly want to thank ItsMyShow for biting his tongue and allowing me to play for the best state in the carnival, Allies. Um er state? We'll just let that one fly through to the keeper! ;)

I loved every minute of the carnival thanks to my team mates and they duely delievered the pill lace up to me inside 50. So it was really a team effort. I love you guys :D

I think when it comes down to it, if you love what you are employed to do, you do it well and after being welcomed back in the fold in the SFA by boncer, I have been very happy from day 1.

All I can do is promise to bring it during SFA season 15 to help the Eastside Hawks win the Premiership :thumbsu:

This is me below accepting the Leading Goalkickers award at the Presentation night just before ...

Franklin-Coleman246x316a.jpg

Well done everyone. Definitely some good new talent found this series, and might I say a big thankyou and well done to logger for an outstanding job. Loving it mate, keep it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha i got a vote!

Well done Reardo, played great for us! Great job!

And thanks to Logger for putting on a great series and doing a great job on the commentary.

Congrats, Reardo.

Eth > beez

Yay Reardo!! Congrats buddy!!

Rigged. s**t award. Reardo is a flog.

I don't need some crappy award to tell me how good I am.

Congrats Reardo.

Big thanks to Logger for making an irrelevant comp interesting. Loved his input and hopefully he gets the gig next year.

wtf how did I not get votes in Rd 5.

Congrats Reardo & pantskyle.

Well done Logger.

Thanks everyone (except beez, you can EAD).

State of Origin is back on the map thanks to the efforts of all the captains but more importantly Logger, super job mate, I know this would have been time consuming but you have done a great job and it's much appreciated by all of us mate, thanks. To the other teams thanks for not tagging me, I know I probably reeked of Malibu and nobody wanted to come near me but thanks all the same. To my team-mates, I'm sorry about leaving that dead fox in the overhead compartment on the bus, I was going to take it home to my wife but forgot all about it, my bad. Finally to my old mate IMS, you are a great captain (no matter what all the other blokes in the side say), you brought us together and made sure we all did our jobs, super job mate and I'm sure I speak for all Allies members when I say we'd follow you into battle any time*.

*Not really, people die in actual battles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back