Media SFA Trade* Central: Season 29 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

That is ok. I expect Barrybran who is carrying my bags on this project will take an early bid for MWPP. Do you see MWPP adding to your analytics department?
I’m not in the draft , nor do I wish to use my free agency rights , so there will be no valid bids possible. Besides Baz has other things on his mind

4E355041-A990-4C6A-8853-AFAE29543F8E.jpeg

Is it time to speed up Trade* Central? Let's see if there is some support for a day of auctions.

Maybe the morning of Boxing Day could be the go. That is when loved and unloved parcels or boxes of pressies have been opened and the detritus of another Xmas Day is disposed of.

At 7.00 am you will have pissed off cousin George into a cab. Three refused him at 2.00am. You are confronted with mounds of gaudy tinsel, xmas wrapping and the remains of a half a turkey the dog has vomited. You clean up. Your two ex's are in their bedrooms pretending to sleep.

By 8.00 various sprogs of the child, grandchild persuasion have been fed and are now arguing over use of play stations and other electrical ephemera. Ignore them. Check your cool box - great, no-one has found it. It is filled with crayfish rolls to take to the cricket. The thermos is filled with Uncle B52's favourite brew - caffe correto, half and half of strong espresso and Irish whiskey and a tablespoon of honey.

It is now 8.15. Your mates will rock up at 10.00 and you can stumble off to the ground together. This is a soda as you live a mere bee's ejaculation from the mighty G.

This leaves precisely 1.75 hours to get dressed in stubbies, thongs and your new "Die Warner, Die" T shirt. Dressing takes all of 30 seconds.

What to do now? Oh yeah time to turn up to the inaugural SFA auction. This is where each Captain nominates a player they will put up for Auction. Twelve players have been selected and Clubs bid on them. Failing a viable bid, the player will be randomly assigned to a new Club. Clubs can only get one player.

Business will be brisk as Clubs bid for that one player who will make a real difference to their prospects in S.29. I have no idea who Skippers will nominate, but I expect some of the following players to be auctioned off:

Wonders - Ant Bear, star All SFA player who always features in the beez and our current Admin.

Hawks - NaturalDisaster, loveable star schmuck, moderator and eccentric poster.

Roys - Jack_Nah, ruck and half hat expert will be netted.

Warriors - Pantskyle, dominant player and poster.

Furies - Ned_Flanders, yes ordinary player and worse poster but his antics are just what your Club might need

Demons - DemonGym is a veteran star of the comp and can be relied on your Club to boost performance

Royals - Old Kennedy Parker may have seen better days but he would still make a handy standard lamp for your mob.

Dragons - Hatchy is another great of Qooty who can provide leadership and a winning formula.

Gumbies - BRAB is a winner of a profound number of beez votes and his case SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

Swamprats - Got the Goodes was a dominant mid for his team in S.28 and is guaranteed to add zip to your team and hopefully will break the 27 barrier in his match thread posting.

Bears - MWPP is a solid player and poster but excels in the backroom where her spreadsheets and analytics are vital to team strategy.

Bombers - Kho Phi is another great player and creative poster. Any Club would value him as a Treasure.
Have you read my sig mate?

Have you read my sig mate?

Of course. It is the only one I have memorised. You are a champ (in the positive sense of the word) and your move would send tremors through the league. You are one of the examples I raised in regard to a suggested option. I doubt your team mates would agree for you to be auctioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mile-a-minute action when ND’s posting there.
Sim would be funny

Its the Bowlocks vs The Jack Me Offs

0:00 Game Starts
8:43 Richard_Cranium has managed to get to the mat, wow that took some time and the skipper has bowled out wide on the right what has he done..
8:55 He's bowled a blocker
13:18 B52 is standing up now

Thats so exciting....lol

Some of B52's best moments

I don't understand. Why are those children you depict so hopeless with technology? I thought all young folk were up with all the mod cons.

Sim would be funny

Its the Bowlocks vs The Jack Me Offs

0:00 Game Starts
8:43 Richard_Cranium has managed to get to the mat, wow that took some time and the skipper has bowled out wide on the right what has he done..
8:55 He's bowled a blocker
13:18 B52 is standing up now

Thats so exciting....lol

Phurt I am banned from the Bowls Club since I did doughnuts in my scooter on the rink.

Of course. It is the only one I have memorised. You are a champ (in the positive sense of the word) and your move would send tremors through the league. You are one of the examples I raised in regard to a suggested option. I doubt your team mates would agree for you to be auctioned.
Appreciate the sentiment, but i'm very happy where I am and I can't see myself playing for any other club.

Swings and roundabouts. Like being stuck in Canberra.

Dem fighting words!

Carpa....rainbow roundabout now WFL! It will be harder to see the bloodstains that way.

Good to keep the oldies involved, too hot for lawn bowls

Unless he plays Fantasy Lawn Bowls on another forum
I was never much good at lawn bowls - apparently you're not supposed to steam in over arm, and the green keepers don't like it when you bowl bouncers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back