Shaun Atley vs Jason Johannisen

Who would you rather?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you fit all these superstars into your team? Its unfortunate that you can select only 22 superstars each week out of 44 superstars on your list.

Does Beveridge have the hardest job in footy?
Going after the poster who conclusively proved beyond doubt (left us comfortably satisfied?) that Johannisen is the superior defender.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

Going after the poster who conclusively proved beyond doubt (left us comfortably satisfied?) that Johannisen is the superior defender.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

I never said anyone is a better one on one defender...

Can't you just be happy you got a good player from the rookie list?

Whether he is better than Atley or not is irrelevant, i actually dont mind JJ.

Atley plays his role well for us, and as we are slower and less skilled than the dogs is probsbly more crucial to us. We'll see how really good JJ is without Boyd and Murphy protecting him from the better small forwards in the coming years.

And whether or not JJ can do this on his non preferred in finals.

Last edited:
How do you fit all these superstars into your team? Its unfortunate that you can select only 22 superstars each week out of 44 superstars on your list.

Does Beveridge have the hardest job in footy?
Please show me where I called JJ a superstar or even posted that I preferred him to Atley. :thumbsu:

I never said anyone is a better one on one defender...

Can't you just be happy you got a good player from the rookie list?

Whether he is better than Atley or not is irrelevant, i actually dont mind JJ.

Atley plays his role well for us, and as we are slower and less skilled than the dogs is probsbly more crucial to us. We'll see how really good JJ is without Boyd and Murphy protecting him from the better small forwards in the coming years.

And whether or not JJ can do this on his non preferred in finals.

I'm not disputing any of that.

I just thought it was hysterical that your juvenile post was in response to someone that only offered a statistical background, when there were any number of others you could have responded to.

I'm not disputing any of that.

I just thought it was hysterical that your juvenile post was in response to someone that only offered a statistical background, when there were any number of others you could have responded to.

Numbers and stats aren't everything. Sometimes you have to actually think beyond the stats.

Dale Morris for instance... Look at his stats and you think meh, but is one of your better players or at least has been one of your most important players for a decade.

There is a lot more pressure on Atley to be our release valve as he is the only player with genuine speed, which is why we tend to rate him higher than those outside of Arden st.

Can't believe how small Johannisen is. He really is a tiny little fella. Any chance of him moving into the middle or will he get pushed around too much by the bigger bodies?

Can't believe how small Johannisen is. He really is a tiny little fella. Any chance of him moving into the middle or will he get pushed around too much by the bigger bodies?

He is a half back flanker. Like Atley

He is a half back flanker. Like Atley

Is that a no?

Atley plays a bit through as it is and is expected to play more midfield this year. Atley plays a lot of his footy deep in defence as a lock down defender, ie the back pocket. It's actually frustrating at times because we need his rebounding skills but don't have another quick option in the backs since Mullett has struggled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that a no?

Atley plays a bit through as it is and is expected to play more midfield this year. Atley plays a lot of his footy deep in defence as a lock down defender, ie the back pocket. It's actually frustrating at times because we need his rebounding skills but don't have another quick option in the backs since Mullett has struggled.

JJ does rotate on the wing and gets forward too but is predominantly a defender.

Atley is always expected to play in the midfield more, but isn't a midfielder

JJ does rotate on the wing and gets forward too but is predominantly a defender.

Atley is always expected to play in the midfield more, but isn't a midfielder

What if I posted a gif of Atley running through the midfield?

Please... JJ plays against weaker opposition

Its pretty obvious no?

On this: round three johannisen played on Rioli. Rioli kicked one goal in a 70 point win by the Hawks.

He also played on Eddie Betts in the game we beat the crows in, Walters when we played Fremantle etc etc.

So much for JJ only playing on the third best smells behind Murphy and Boyd

There is a lot more pressure on Atley to be our release valve as he is the only player with genuine speed, which is why we tend to rate him higher than those outside of Arden st.
Wells? Isn't he injury free for the first time in years?

JJ rotates through the midfield and will increase his time there if guys like Biggs and Webb can spend more time in the back half.

**** me. He has one slightly better season and then you completely disregard all available evidence for the 3 years preceding.

Talk about a narrow and biased view.

You mean those three years where johannisen has worked his way off the rookie list and continually improved while Atley has remained stagnant but in the team because north burned a first rounder on him?

Back