Shaun Atley vs Jason Johannisen

Who would you rather?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean those three years where johannisen has worked his way off the rookie list and continually improved while Atley has remained stagnant but in the team because north burned a first rounder on him?

Do do do you acknowledge them yet?

Like in 2012 when Atley came 5th in the b&f while your man was playing VFL?

Or the year after when Atley played 22 games to your Johannisen's 13, beating him in basically every statistical category that's relevant.

Or the year after that when Atley played 25 games to Joannisen's 11, beating him in basically every statistical category that's relevant. (inc ave 2.2 running bounces to 0.6).

But no. By all means make blanket statements about improving every year, and Johannisen being a good player to Atley being average.

Your bias or poor judging of footballers knows no bounds.

Do do do you acknowledge them yet?

Like in 2012 when Atley came 5th in the b&f while your man was playing VFL?

Or the year after when Atley played 22 games to your Johannisen's 13, beating him in basically every statistical category that's relevant.

Or the year after that when Atley played 25 games to Joannisen's 11, beating him in basically every statistical category that's relevant. (inc ave 2.2 running bounces to 0.6).

But no. By all means make blanket statements about improving every year, and Johannisen being a good player to Atley being average.

Your bias or poor judging of footballers knows no bounds.
Game, set and match. That's MOC all over.

The main thing is JJ has improved each year while Atley has been stagnant.

Makes sense that JJ will either plateau at his current status, better than Atley, or continue to get better

JJ from memory was a 3rd round rookie pick, taken from absolutely no where when he could barely get a kick in the WAFL colts. Was drafted as a small forward and only started to find some confidence in the backline a couple of years back. Like MOC said he's improved every year and its a great achievement the footballer he is today. Has Atley had a better career overall, yes he probably has but JJ had a better season and IMO he still has a lot more improvement in him. While he had a very complete season he's still pretty raw in a lot of ways, the kid works as hard as anyone and he really was hugely instrumental in our rise this season. Really doesnt get enough love in the general public, I suppose there was a few bigger names that get the spotlight in our backline but IMO he was every bit as important as Murph and Boyd. Im feeling he will go very very close to AA this year.

JJ from memory was a 3rd round rookie pick, taken from absolutely no where when he could barely get a kick in the WAFL colts. Was drafted as a small forward and only started to find some confidence in the backline a couple of years back. Like MOC said he's improved every year and its a great achievement the footballer he is today. Has Atley had a better career overall, yes he probably has but JJ had a better season and IMO he still has a lot more improvement in him. While he had a very complete season he's still pretty raw in a lot of ways, the kid works as hard as anyone and he really was hugely instrumental in our rise this season. Really doesnt get enough love in the general public, I suppose there was a few bigger names that get the spotlight in our backline but IMO he was every bit as important as Murph and Boyd. Im feeling he will go very very close to AA this year.

Quality contribution. He certainly had a great year.

JJ does rotate on the wing and gets forward too but is predominantly a defender.

Atley is always expected to play in the midfield more, but isn't a midfielder

Exactly right.

People want him to play there more because Wells has been missing & with speed out they want speed to replace so they look to Atley. Atley to the midfield is delusional for mine he should always be a defender, does the job reasonably well but in the middle of the ground he cant find the holes to create.

JJ is that diamond in the rough you hope for with rookie players. He may not end up a Bulldog great but he will play well over 100 games that is a great rookie pick. Dalrymple should have a statue right next to Teddy he has killed the last few years.

Keep the hate flowing. We can all see what you are doing

JJ is in my supercoach team.

Atley is not.

There is no higher praise I can afford him.

I'm serious, I just stuck $100 on you blokes at $17.

I started in the topic believing Atley to be better, I now know that was incorrect.

JJ is a legitimate gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly my point if J.J is winning the poll i don't know why Some choose to sook and carry on like 5 yr olds if someone picks Atley..

The non North/Dogs fans are the ones i'm interested in reading in these polls cause it's non biased..
Exept if its by that clown Adam

JJ is in my supercoach team.

Atley is not.

There is no higher praise I can afford him.

I'm serious, I just stuck $100 on you blokes at $17.

I started in the topic believing Atley to be better, I now know that was incorrect.

JJ is a legitimate gun.

Nice push along for your SC team today

Back