Sheffield Shield Round 6: VIC v TAS @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

There's negligible difference between 4 and 5. Quiney is a better bat than Christian and would almost certainly be ahead.

That's probably what the side will be, I'd prefer having a better bat to Christian. His bowling really adds nothing to Boland and Hastings.
Of course he's better than Christian. Personally I want to see Maxwell up higher to mitigate the chances of him having to slog with the tail (which he's good at), would like to see him up higher to develop patience at 4. Obviously I don't want it to be at the expense of Stoinis or Pete though. And I love Bobby.

Of course he's better than Christian. Personally I want to see Maxwell up higher to mitigate the chances of him having to slog with the tail (which he's good at), would like to see him up higher to develop patience at 4. Obviously I don't want it to be at the expense of Stoinis or Pete though. And I love Bobby.
It just can't happen until Handscomb gets a gig in the test side.

It just can't happen until Handscomb gets a gig in the test side.
It won't happen, but it can. There's a difference.

What are we aiming for first and foremost. Domestic success or to produce players for the national side?

Good chance for Jake Doran to show some fight and dig in for a big score here. First dig century maker Webster is gone

Gee this 'Tasmanian' side is s**t. Basically the Shield equivalent of that CA XI from the ODD tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he would've been a better option than Stoinis to go to NZ as Faulkners replacement.His BBL form was better than Stoinis in both batting and bowling.
Future international chances:
Stoinis - plenty
Christian - 0

That was the reasoning

Handscomb has now had a couple of seasons averaging over 50 (if he continues on this year).

Another good year next year should start to see him mentioned for higher honours.
The thing holding him back at the moment is that he is consistently making good scores but not turning them into big scores. If a couple more of those 50's were 100's he'd be banging the door down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back