Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok swap Marsh's then. Smith barely bowls Mitch so the allrounder argument is rather pointless.
I'd back Finch to score more than Mitch as that middle order hitter that every side needs at 6-7.

You're going to take someone who scored 320 runs on 4 innings average 106 in the last Ashes series and back in Finch to do better? Whether Smith uses Marsh well, or not, is not the point. He wasn't bowling the beginning of the summer because he was recovering from injury so it would have been stupid of Smith to ask him to bowl. Marsh definitely has ability with the ball and gives the team a lot of flexibility. Finch doesn't offer that.

You're going to take someone who scored 320 runs on 4 innings average 106 in the last Ashes series and back in Finch to do better? Whether Smith uses Marsh well, or not, is not the point. He wasn't bowling the beginning of the summer because he was recovering from injury so it would have been stupid of Smith to ask him to bowl. Marsh definitely has ability with the ball and gives the team a lot of flexibility. Finch doesn't offer that.
Yep. Scored 180 on a deadset road and is not in the best 6 batsmen in this country.

With no hope of a result in NSWvTAS, and SA having to chase 370+, the Top 2 should be QLD, VIC at the end of the round. It's going to be an insanely tight table if QLD don't win outright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Scored 180 on a deadset road and is not in the best 6 batsmen in this country.

Where did I ever say he was? Do you think Finch is in the best 6 batsman in the country? No, he's not. And not by a mile. While Mitch scored 180 on a fairly flat pitch (he scored 2 100's in the series), the bowlers at test level are still at least a step above anything in Shield cricket. To give things some perspective, Finch bashed and crashed a 100 here against a third string, third rate WA attack.

Where did I ever say he was? Do you think Finch is in the best 6 batsman in the country? No, he's not. And not by a mile. While Mitch scored 180 on a fairly flat pitch (he scored 2 100's in the series), the bowlers at test level are still at least a step above anything in Shield cricket. To give things some perspective, Finch bashed and crashed a 100 here against a third string, third rate WA attack.
Finch wouldn't be in the best 6 no. There are others I'd choose.
But that's not what I said was it. Merely said I'd back him to score more than Marsh. You're cherry picking a very short sample too no doubt because overall he's been utter shite.

God, you gotta love that, SA and WA, bottom two. Delicious looking table.
It’s funny that Sandgropers dismiss the shield as it’s about producing test players. Well they don’t win the shield yet still produce s**t test players. I’d rather win some silverware in the process...

It’s funny that Sandgropers dismiss the shield as it’s about producing test players. Well they don’t win the shield yet still produce s**t test players. I’d rather win some silverware in the process...

???

a) we would love to win the shield again
b) our test players are fine, and certainly better than what victoria's coughed up since 2000

You blokes keep raving on about Kelly and Tye, so they are 3rd rate?
Fair enough.

You blokes keep raving on about Kelly and Tye, so they are 3rd rate?
Fair enough.

None of us are raving about Tye as a Shield player.

Kelly looks like being another good fast bowler from the Perth production line, but this is his first season. He wouldn't have got a look-in if the first-choice attack was fit.

???

a) we would love to win the shield again
b) our test players are fine, and certainly better than what victoria's coughed up since 2000
Mike Hussey was great but apart from that it's a pile of shite. What's left Agar and the Spud brothers.
So one great player since the turn of the century and only 2 RU's to show for it in the Shield #jealous

For a state that plays half its cricket on the pacy WACA to not have 1 pace bowler of semi note in the test side in recent seasons is an indictment.

None of us are raving about Tye as a Shield player.

Kelly looks like being another good fast bowler from the Perth production line, but this is his first season. He wouldn't have got a look-in if the first-choice attack was fit.
The Perth production line wound up years ago.....
Tye is a 1 trick 4 over bowler.

Mike Hussey was great but apart from that it's a pile of shite. What's left Agar and the Spud brothers.
So one great player since the turn of the century and only 2 RU's to show for it in the Shield #jealous

For a state that plays half its cricket on the pacy WACA to not have 1 pace bowler of semi note in the test side in recent seasons is an indictment.

It takes some effort to contradict yourself in only four sentences, but here we are.

Either a) Chris Rogers is a Victorian and Mitchell Johnson is Western Australian, in which case your last statement is false.
Or b) Chris Rogers is a Western Australian and Mitchell Johnson is a Queenslander, in which case your first statement is false.

The Perth production line wound up years ago.....
Tye is a 1 trick 4 over bowler.

And like I said, we're not raving about him at Shield level. Is there a point to what you're saying?

Back