List Mgmt. Should we trade for Pick 1?

Should we trade for Pick 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at Smilie's game on the weekend he looks a gun player. Explosive and dynamic194cm mid is a bit of a worry tho, is he just beating up on kids smaller than him ? Would love to see how he goes against a more mature VFL midfield later in the year and if he dominates in the Champs. One thing I do like is that he has speed and bursts away from stoppages. By the end of the year he may be the clear No1 and who knows, a generational player ?

Looking at Smilie's game on the weekend he looks a gun player. Explosive and dynamic194cm mid is a bit of a worry tho, is he just beating up on kids smaller than him ? Would love to see how he goes against a more mature VFL midfield later in the year and if he dominates in the Champs. One thing I do like is that he has speed and bursts away from stoppages. By the end of the year he may be the clear No1 and who knows, a generational player ?
That's the type we need to be fair. Explosive, strong mid.

That's the type we need to be fair. Explosive, strong mid.
He's a beast and i want him badly

He's a beast and i want him badly

Is it just me? Or I don’t see the hype. Average foot skills and no real stand up clearances. Just a big body.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's why seeing him in the VFL will be important, like Harley Reid didn't look out of place against the bigger bodies.
If he looks the goods against the big boys, It will be hard to not see him go number #1.

Last edited:
Not sure if that's the case this year. There's no Harley Reid or Jason Horne-Francis type that's head and shoulders above the rest. If we have pick 2, I'm not sure how much more it would take but it wouldn't be something ridiculous like the offers that were being made the last couple of years.
If there’s not that calibre of player available what’s the point?

Unless there is get as many quality picks as possible as we need to replace a lot of quality that’s left or leaving

Harley looks the goods reminds me of Judd tbh.

Jhf looks quality but maybe not as high a ceiling as Harley

I don’t think trading up to pick 1 is ever worth it.

Rather have 2/3 top 10 picks

Is the skill difference between pick 1 and 2 really worth more than another top 10 pick. I say no. It is also less risky, imagine getting an injury prone pick 1. It stuffs up your rebuild so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely do not see a standout #1 kid in this years draft

I wouldnt be totally against trading pick #2/#3 plus 42,49,58 to Gold Voast for #8 ,#9,#20

I like your idea but I don’t think we do anything with our first round pick. Keep it as it is and try to upgrade everything else to be top 20’s picks. Are there any clubs with f/s players coming up we can dump our shitty picks into?

Lol we will earn pick 1 fair n square by virtue of our injuries and spuds like Graham & Dow being useless, North will jag a few wins & pump us at Docklands. Do people realise the U18's have only played 6 games, the national Championships haven't started much less the combine. There's gonna be players barely on the radar shoot up and be in the top 10. It's a long season to be played out. If we tank and bundle picks right plus cash in Graham, Baker potentially Dan Rioli then select well we should be right.

I like your idea but I don’t think we do anything with our first round pick. Keep it as it is and try to upgrade everything else to be top 20’s picks. Are there any clubs with f/s players coming up we can dump our shitty picks into?
There are a few yes.

But it's a concern as the season goes on, the fact that it remains to be seen if the AFL will change the system for this year. Why hasn't it been announced as a forgone conclusion that the system overhaul is happening for next year's draft ? If it's this year we will be left with a plethora of late picks

efa

Last edited:
There are a few yes.

But it's a concern as the season goes on, the fact that it remains to be seen if the AFL will change the system for this year. Why hasn't it been announced as a forgone conclusion that the system overhaul is happening for next year's draft. If it's this year we will be left with a plethora of late picks
Oh ok fair enough. We’ll see how it plays out.

Back