List Mgmt. Should we trade for Pick 1?

Should we trade for Pick 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm of the strong belief if we were one of the teams offering JUH 1.2m+ than we should be doing the same to Sam Darcy.

I know he is unlikely to leave being Dogs royalty but imo he is better than JUH. put pressure on clubs.

What's losing every game by a hundred going to do? They haven't won a game and don't look like winning one anytime soon except maybe against us. But knowing us the time when we want them to beat us we will thrash them lol
Lowers our percentage, then they beat us. That would make us both on 4 points with us having a lower percentage than them. If we are on the same points (4) but we have a lower percentage well be lower than them on the ladder. That would make us last and entitled to pick number 1.

What's losing every game by a hundred going to do? They haven't won a game and don't look like winning one anytime soon except maybe against us. But knowing us the time when we want them to beat us we will thrash them lol
Nort won’t win a meaningless game and lose pick 1 again, after last year surely .

Did you read the OP? I never even mentioned tanking...
Fair, you didn’t..
sorry mate I probably read a couple of posts from others and was referring to them

In response to your question, no way trade up to 1 as there isn’t a Harley Reid stand out this year

It can as there’s a lot of discussion about it in other threads as some people actually are seriously contemplating it.
Season is shot, do I want us to tank and finish last? No, I don't think it's needed but I also don't want us to lose pick 2 or 3 so maybe I'm guilty of that.
I figure while our season is shot we might as well make the most of it. Lucky for us I don't think we need to try and tank, we will lose anyway.

Season is shot, do I want us to tank and finish last? No, I don't think it's needed but I also don't want us to lose pick 2 or 3 so maybe I'm guilty of that.
I figure while our season is shot we might as well make the most of it. Lucky for us I don't think we need to try and tank, we will lose anyway.
Accept the inevitable...the last eight years of AFL pummelling is not worth fighting against for the remainder of the Season!
Slide into the beguiling tank and dream of possible future champions like the GOAT!

hard trade, get rid of the two we just got and fire up on a young squad that will grow together into another premiership team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is not about tanking.

We aren't a club who tanks.

The thread is about whether we should trade for P1. Our injuries are taking care of that and we will finish bottom 3 anyway in all likelihood. At this stage with little difference in the top three or four there's no need to trade.

But it's very early days, the Champs haven't even begun. Let's see who rises to the top and then make a strategy based on our likely finishing position and the talent available around our pick.

North will only be getting one pick (no extra charity pick) as they've already had two for this year (given to them last year) which they on traded.

Let's hope they go for a tall and the best mid falls in our lap.

Lowers our percentage, then they beat us. That would make us both on 4 points with us having a lower percentage than them. If we are on the same points (4) but we have a lower percentage well be lower than them on the ladder. That would make us last and entitled to pick number 1.
Yeah but if they can't win a game you think they would want to beat us? Clarko is not stupid he would want the 1 pick. Not worth arguing off picks anyway as I don't trust our recruiters with young pics unless the new dude is a genius.

Agree

I don't think we need pick 1, pick 2 or 3 will be decent enough to at least pick up a very talented kid. Kids in the 1st round are important, we will still get a good kid but hopefully we have a few 1st rounders to play with.

Thanks. To continue making my point, how many of the last 20 pick 1's are genuine superstars?

Thanks to DraftGuru:
1715745671820.png

Lids, Murphy and Gibbs were all top shelf players some 20ish years ago.

Watts, Scully, Patton, Boyd, McCartin, Rayner, all fails.

Kreuzer, Swallow, McGrath, Rowell are/were good players.

Whitfield, Weitering, Walsh are great players IMO.

JUH, JHF, Cadman and Reid it's still early days.

This thread is not about tanking.

We aren't a club who tanks.

The thread is about whether we should trade for P1. Our injuries are taking care of that and we will finish bottom 3 anyway in all likelihood. At this stage with little difference in the top three or four there's no need to trade.

But it's very early days, the Champs haven't even begun. Let's see who rises to the top and then make a strategy based on our likely finishing position and the talent available around our pick.

North will only be getting one pick (no extra charity pick) as they've already had two for this year (given to them last year) which they on traded.

Let's hope they go for a tall and the best mid falls in our lap.
tank GIF

I was in the trade for pick 1 camp, but Im now comfortable enough with getting an O'Sullivan, Moraes, Trainor, Smith, Hotton etc and we need multiple top 15 picks

Last edited:
I dont think there is a clear cut #1 this year like there has been in past years and the teams at the bottom of the ladder have different needs.

Im thinking North take Trainer at #1 for many reasons
  • Smillie is a beast inside mid but is it because he is so much bigger than the other skinny 17/18 year olds and can bully at that level ?
  • FOS been injured and a small'ish mid that some have as low as #4

Trainor is the exact player north need position and marketing as well as talent to drive membership
He is their next Robbie Tarrant that is a North supporter and are guaranteed a career north player

They will try to trade down to #3/#4 only to get the extra pick but not any lower
We just have to make sure we show alot of interest in the kid and let north know thats who we want and happy to collect mids with later picks.

I actually wouldnt mind him at our 1st pick

I would like to see us with 3-4 top 20 picks this season & add some picks for next season, similar to what we did in last years draft where other teams had targeted players we were not interested in but only lost a couple of spots in the draft & also picking up future picks.

I would like to see us with 3-4 top 20 picks this season & add some picks for next season, similar to what we did in last years draft where other teams had targeted players we were not interested in but only lost a couple of spots in the draft & also picking up future picks.
I would be expecting 3 inside 20 and another 2 between 20-30 if baker & Graham leave
and we take 5 in the draft

Back