Injury SJOGHCIU 2022

Trew struggling to run out games , hip soreness evidently , unlucky with injury .

Sorry had high hopes for Trew sounds like it's slowly does it this season .

I was going to point out that the official list hasn’t come out yet, then I realized the official list will probably have him as TBC (or just not mention him at all).
Oh true, I was going off the AFL site list which said it was updated today but clearly wasn’t

Oh true, I was going off the AFL site list which said it was updated today but clearly wasn’t
The AFL site list is even more useless than our club official one.

The way the AFL does injury reporting is baffling. There is no real official source of info, the AFL guesses on its site and the clubs just release what they feel like to fans.

The way the AFL does injury reporting is baffling. There is no real official source of info, the AFL guesses on its site and the clubs just release what they feel like to fans.
Fold

I never understood why they dont wait a few more hours for the WA teams or release it on the Wednesday moning

So Duggo might be ok to play this week....or might be an option for the inactive list

Cool
I think there was a tweet saying he is in a pretty significant knee brace.

Which, if true, begs the question: WHY WAS HE ONE OF 2 PLAYERS CHAIRING REDDEN OFF THE GROUND?!

Not shouting at anyone in particular, just needed to get that out.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

any news on Yeo ???

he-hedead.gif

View attachment 1402499

Pretty fulsome list for once other than Yeo, Strnadica and Jilliams not being mentioned. And Duggan I guess.
So 17, mostly 3 weeks plus on that list.
Add in Yeo, Strnadica, Williams and Duggan that is a ridiculous 21 on the injured list.
And then there are guys like Trew who is clearly carrying an injury and is struggling to run out a game.
And then there are the guys who are still not match fit after being off with Covid or injury.

As they say, you gotta laugh, because if you don't you'll just cry.

I don't think it helps that we are being forced to bring back guys too soon, and bring them back into the team rather than via the WAFL. Just increases the chances of re-injury.

Can we PLEASE get a new medical staff? These last few years worth of injuries have been disgusting, and I'm not even talking about 1-2 week injuries. The bulk of our injuries have been the 10-12-season kind of injuries, and if the players do come back they're not even a shell of themselves. It's beyond a joke at this point.

Listening to Clint Wheeldon on ABC radio immediately after the Melbourne game, he said before our 1st scratch match in the preseason against Freo, which remember was before we'd had anyone go down with COVID, we had count them 16 players on our injury list.

This is why the club went so hard at the "Hip e club 7". They're trying to use the pandemic as a smokescreen for the catastrophic incompetence in the management of our players. Another indicator of this is the incomplete injury lists and all the "TBCs." They've reached the point where they're embarrassed by what's happening, are afraid of the blowback from supporters, and are trying to muddy the waters as much as they can.

I think there was a tweet saying he is in a pretty significant knee brace.

Which, if true, begs the question: WHY WAS HE ONE OF 2 PLAYERS CHAIRING REDDEN OFF THE GROUND?!
Folding chair, I hope.

Can we PLEASE get a new medical staff? These last few years worth of injuries have been disgusting, and I'm not even talking about 1-2 week injuries. The bulk of our injuries have been the 10-12-season kind of injuries, and if the players do come back they're not even a shell of themselves. It's beyond a joke at this point.

So srsly - what are ppls views on the possibility that this is a combo of the hard ground at both Lathlain and Optus?

Surely that makes more sense than the level of bad luck and/or incompetence of our fitness team?

In which case we need to throw some millions a the problem and fix it. Fight like madman to have the costs associated NOT count under any cap - point to the obvious injury list madness and get AFLPA on board if we have to since it is directly affecting player welfare.

Srsly Nisbett something bizarre is going on past 3 years and it's either the ground or the team - either way maybe it's your time to go (not Simmons) if you can't deal with it.

So srsly - what are ppls views on the possibility that this is a combo of the hard ground at both Lathlain and Optus?

Surely that makes more sense than the level of bad luck and/or incompetence of our fitness team?

In which case we need to throw some millions a the problem and fix it. Fight like madman to have the costs associated NOT count under any cap - point to the obvious injury list madness and get AFLPA on board if we have to since it is directly affecting player welfare.

Srsly Nisbett something bizarre is going on past 3 years and it's either the ground or the team - either way maybe it's your time to go (not Simmons) if you can't deal with it.
Been thinking that this year as well regarding the new training grounds

I 100% think the hardness of the grounds is a factor and should be looked into.

Go train somewhere else for a few weeks and see the difference.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it's the ground they will already be well aware, just trying to save face after spending millions on the new HQ and potentially ruining a shot at back to back/additional premierships and mismanaging multiple players careers over the past 3 years.

To outright acknowledge it now after all this time would be akin to admitting outright incompetence and sleeping at the wheel - so here we are ...

Our club fitness and medical staff have have a lot to answer for, it's even spreading to the supporters now. I returned to the gym for the first time after H&S protocols today and bang: hamstring awareness.

Add to our injury list:
GlennTwenty Hamstring TBC

Hopefully this will be our only mid week injury list attention this week.

I also broke the skin fold device... Yeo can thank me later.

2020: "our medical team is good! Really good! We have just been unlucky. Our medical and strength and conditioning teams are in no way incompetent!"

2022: "ok perhaps we we were a little off base with that assessment....."

Back