SKYBET EFL Championship 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think you might not have had a choice, think there was a clause built into the loan deal.

I think you might be right. Hull tried to extend his loan for this period and Barnsley said no. It looked like he was coming back to Barnsley a few days ago. I think the idea was basically if Hull wanted him they'd have to buy him. If his goal helps you stay up then obviously its a big win for you

Barnsley hadn't conceded a goal post covid, 6 clean sheets in the last 8. Down 3 in the first half against Stoke. All 3 goals woeful defending. Looking like its most likely League 1 again :( Luton screwed too. Loser of Barnsley Luton midweek are finished

How we playing?

Pretty well from all reports (no stream I could find, just following text commentary and Twitter reports)

Bamford was denied a penalty it seems. Take the 3 points and run, FFS we really shouldn't have drawn with Luton, they got smashed 5 zip at home lol

Fulham and Forest also dropped points. So it seems auto promo sports are out of us, West Brom and Brentford.

Pretty well from all reports (no stream I could find, just following text commentary and Twitter reports)

Bamford was denied a penalty it seems. Take the 3 points and run, FFS we really shouldn't have drawn with Luton, they got smashed 5 zip at home lol

Fulham and Forest also dropped points. So it seems auto promo sports are out of us, West Brom and Brentford.
Yeh Brentford coming home like a freight train, we just gotta keep winning.

How we playing?

Leeds dominated the majority of the match and looked like a threat going into the final third. Our passing looked very sharp with some great chances generated from intricate play in the backline. We had some strong performances from the Yorkshire Pirlo, Klich and Douglas whilst everyone else put in a good shift. Bamford worked very hard around the pitch and took his goal well which will do his confidence the world of good.

The defence had some shaky moments however I would still say it was the best performance since the restart against good opposition who are strong at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do Leeds need 3 wins and a draw in the last 5 to secure promotion?
In an ideal scenario.

However Fulhum play West Brom in one of the remaining fixtures.

So could be less depending on that fixture.

Brentford is on fire at the minute, they have 5 clean sheets in a row with a +14 GD in those 5 matches.

It might literally become Leeds vs West Brom in the final placings.

I can see Brentford at a minimum getting second place, you'd almost back them to win it at this stage.

Brentford have had one of the better teams in the league since Warburton and looked good for promotion for awhile but they always find a way to stuff it up in the end. I definitely want them in the EPL because players like Watkins, Said and Silva are fantastic and they'd be better in the EPL then ******* WBA but I do not trust them one bit.

Also here's a slightly bold prediction for next season:

QPR will challenge for promotion with the team they have if they keep Eze and their other young guns.

Brentford have had one of the better teams in the league since Warburton and looked good for promotion for awhile but they always find a way to stuff it up in the end. I definitely want them in the EPL because players like Watkins, Said and Silva are fantastic and they'd be better in the EPL then ******* WBA but I do not trust them one bit.

Also here's a slightly bold prediction for next season:

QPR will challenge for promotion with the team they have if they keep Eze and their other young guns.
Welcome back!

Wigan appealing their 12 point deduction. Be interesting what the EFL do.

Wigan Warriors also looking to buy them.

Last edited:
Brentford and Fulham both won overnight. Huge couple of games coming up with an extremely short turn around for us.

That loss to Fulham rules out Forest.

Leeds, WBA, Brentford and Fulham left for the top 2 spots. Who goes up in everyone's opinions? I want Leeds and Brentford but I reckon it'll be Leeds and WBA.

Huge game between WBA and Derby tomorrow morning. Derby could be equal on points with Cardiff in 6th if they get up, them making the play-offs would be a pretty remarkable turnaround given they were 17th back in January. They have Brentford on Saturday too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back