Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I was glad it turned into an arm wrestle after blowing them away in the 3rd. I think the team needed to experience a game like this.

Realistically, the team won't be firing on all cylinders in every game, so it's good to experience different ways of winning.

The fact we won't despite being way below our best and the dogs really taking it up to us. It was a good test.

Warner was sublime. Particularly in the 3rd.
NOW I am glad. I wasn't glad when it was happening 🤦‍♂️

Heeney 23
7 tackles and a goal and the media saying how down he was

yeah, but how good would he look if you take out warner? ... and/or gulden?
heeney was really good, again, but geez, those other two, when they press go ...

Last edited:
Yer we left it up to a few individuals tonight rather than a team effort, McLean and Amartey were fine imo Logan was pretty poor.
Logan gets marked way too harshly.

Got around the ground, impacted the play, kicked a nice goal … and if Errol had produced the kick to Warner that Logan did - the board would have gone all “we’re not worthy!!!”.

Got swung back into defence late too.

He’s having a very nice year.

Last edited:
To me it felt like the swans went into their shell and tried to protect the win too soon in the last quarter and invited the pressure and inevitable scoring. They were carving them up before they went so conservative.

Happy with a win even if unconvincing.

Thank goodness for Nick Blakey in the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney is a victim of the standard he's set in the first ten weeks. He wasn't dominant but still pretty good.

Well played Dogs. They showed they're a good team, and if they were going to lose two players, Naughton and Richards were particularly bad ones to lose.

Longmire's press conference has just come on in the background. He knows the team wasn't at his best.

Heeney is a victim of the standard he's set in the first ten weeks. He wasn't dominant but still pretty good.

Well played Dogs. They showed they're a good team, and if they were going to lose two players, Naughton and Richards were particularly bad ones to lose.

Longmire's press conference has just come on in the background. He knows the team wasn't at his best.

He probably sneaks the 1 vote if it didnt get as close, now the umps probably give bont a vote

Take the four points and run. If doggies hadn't been three down I think we would have struggled to get over the line. Bit flat but enough to get there.
Blakey , Wicks and Warner were excellent but it was a struggle apart from that with some highlights from others. Amartey is solid and McDonald had a good few moments. Grundy slowly got on top of English and his ground efforts improved as the night went on.
McCartin back after the bye would help , Francis struggled to tonight as did Melican but if we defend across the ground and slow the inside fifties it gives much more of a chance to set up better.
10-1 into a week off can't as much better than that.
Wasn't a good game tonight but a win is a win.

i thought melican was terrific, considering how many tall options the dogs have, although losing naughton removed one
melican, rampe, blakey and lloyd did a pretty good job ... francis was good at times but then got himself in strife a few times
blakey dropped a couple of marks due to what looked like simply overenthusiasm ... but he's so dangerous, he's so darn fast, that he is always a threat from anywhere

F me we are 10-1 after winning a game that a lot of people were concerned about, and aside from some desperate wet sail goals at the end it wasn’t actually close, and you lot still find a way to be miserable? Obviously not aimed at everyone here but bloody hell we are two games clear while putting our feet up for a couple of weeks to reset.

Cheer up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, this!!

My biggest concern from this game is are we going to be able to afford to re-sign Chad next year??

That’s was a million-dollar-year-player game…
No 4 points tonight without his involvement I dare say!
And add his last cupla weeks - wow!

A million would be the starting point at the moment. He’s looking at 1.2 at a minimum I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back