Trading Places SNAKES ANNUAL TRADING GAME VERSION 3.0 DRAFT THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys I just wanna say thanks to all who played. Especially the really active guys. Which was pretty much everyone! I must admit I'm kinda getting over theses games and it was hard to maintain the interest in running one. It was good to see some new faces in here. I'll probably be stepping away from running Them in the future. Hopefully you all enjoyed the games I've run. Cheers

Guys I just wanna say thanks to all who played. Especially the really active guys. Which was pretty much everyone! I must admit I'm kinda getting over theses games and it was hard to maintain the interest in running one. It was good to see some new faces in here. I'll probably be stepping away from running Them in the future. Hopefully you all enjoyed the games I've run. Cheers

Is there a vote or anything to decide the best off-season changes/list or that's it?

Hopefully see ya in some other games on the future, I look forward to your games so s**t you won’t be running anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had fun playing your games the past two seasons, cheers snake !!

I'm happy to vote it. I'll post in the main thread after work

Well here's Brisbane's thoughts on their drafting.
3 - Paddy Dow (Inside Midfielder)
The midfield bull has drawn comparisons to Patrick Dangerfield for his ability to win his own footy and explode from stoppages. He’s a good size and can also push forward, where he is capable of taking a mark and has good smarts around goal. He averaged 19 disposals and five clearances per game throughout a strong Champs campaign with Vic Country. One of the three players Brisbane was aiming for with their first pick.

8 - Adam Cerra (Balanced Midfielder)
The classy midfielder is just about the draft’s most well rounded on-ball prospect. A beautiful right foot kick who has superb touch in the clinches, Cerra has shown his quality throughout the year. He’s composed and reliable with ball in hand, while he wins his own footy and has a supreme work ethic to boot. The ultimate professional, he can also rotate forward. He missed the majority of last year with a knee injury and spent periods sidelined this season with a shoulder problem. He averaged 26.3 disposals and 1.3 goals per game in the TAC Cup. The Lions were somewhat surprised to see Cerra still available at Pick 8 but had no hestitation to selecting him with their second pick.

10 - Jarrod Brander (Key Position Tall Forward / Defender)
Able to occupy a key-position role at either end of the field, the 194cm Brander has done so effectively throughout the year. His intercept work in defence is promising, but he perhaps enjoyed his best performance of the season playing forward for the Allies. On that occasion, he presented well high up the field and worked hard back to goal. Brander is probably the best key-position player available in the draft. The Lions were aiming to pick a midfielder with #10 and Brander at #12, but couldn't decide between two midfielders. Reasoning that at least one of those two would be available at #12, they pulled the trigger on Brander at #10.

12 - Hunter Clark (Inside Midfielder / Medium Defender)
Thrown into a variety of roles throughout the season, Clark was predominantly used as a running half-back for Vic Country throughout the Champs. But it’s as an inside midfielder where he has really flourished. He’s a courageous player who will put his head over the footy, while his innate ability to extract it and get his team on the front foot through his precise kicking has him in first-round calculations. He averaged 26.8 disposals and 6.7 tackles per game throughout the TAC Cup season. The Lions found themselves with the same choice of midfielders at #12 as they had at #10, and so finally chose Clark.

15 - James Worpel (Inside Midfielder)
Worpel came into this season as one of the draft crop’s best inside ball-winners. However, he has slowly but surely improved his outside game and has worked tirelessly on his kicking. It has made him a more well rounded prospect. The Vic Country co-captain was awarded MVP for his side after a blistering carnival, averaging 20 disposals (10 contested), four clearances and four inside 50s over the four games. Worpel also led the tackling for the carnival with 33 tackles, earning him a spot on the interchange in the All-Australian Team.

19 - Connor Ballenden (Key Position Tall Forward / Ruck)
One of the best key-position talents in this year’s draft, Ballenden is undoubtedly the pick of the bunch from a sparse academy group. Eligible to Brisbane as part of its academy system, the 199cm utility has played in a variety of roles throughout the season. He came into the year as a key forward, but perhaps played his best footy as a key defender. Ballenden also spent periods in the ruck, where he was promising. He’s a raking kick, which is arguably his best asset. He played seven senior NEAFL games with the Lions this season, kicking 10 goals. The Lions traded Dayne Beams for Pick 19, reasoning that #15 was too early to choose Ballenden and hoping he would be availale at #19. When he was the Lions pounced.

44 - Sam Taylor (Key Position Defender)
A Dustin-Fletcher type defender with excellent marking skills and competitive nature, Sam Taylor starred during the national under-18 titles, playing all four matches for WA and earning All-Australian honours. The 196cm and 85kg key defender carried on that good form in seven league matches for Swans Districts. He dominated at centre-half-back in a losing side against East Fremantle in round 23 and performed strong defensive jobs opposed to highly rated West Perth forward Tyler Keitel and South Fremantle’s Mason Shaw during the finals. The 18-year-old was used predominantly in defence at all levels this season, but has shown an ability to play at both ends of the ground. The Lions needed another key defender and were toying with the idea of picking up a mature defender to assist Andrews and Gardiner. However Taylor was too good a prospect to pass up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back