Softest player in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Since everyone just sooks when someone from their club gets mentioned I'll just do my own club;

- Miers. Although he has gotten a little bit better on the backend of this year, committing to more contests
- Kolodjashnij. Maybe not soft, but for his size he seems weak. Can't stick a tackle to save his life
- Steven. Maybe age, but is slow and always seems to try and stay out of contests

Last edited:
Mate, look in our own backyard.

No one wants physical pressure less than Derek Eggmolesse Smith

I did notice Egg was shy in some contests as well, but left him out on the grounds he only played a few games as a fill in. He is not 100% soft either, he can thread his way through traffic without panic kicking at the first sign of oncoming traffic.

Lets be fair dinkum. Any AFL footballer is tougher then any of us so in reality we should all shut our traps
Agreed, but anyway I'll nominate that Gold Coast player, Rory Atkins

Paul Seedsman

Marlion Pickett by a country mile , gutless

Thread died when Duursma was listed. He'd make the toughest list.

Bigfooty should have compulsory IQ tests on sign up.
not wrong..... nearly chocked on my corn flakes when I read X's name listed.....What do you call a Deer with no eyes???

It takes all types to win a premiership.

I'm sure their are a few Richmond players that aren't naturally aggressive, but does it affect the team? no.

However, their are quite a few who are mentally soft in big moments and don't have that killer instinct.

Not even close to the softest in the league.
Laughable suggestion especially since you support a team with Jaidyn Stephenson in it.

once upon a time murphy wouldn't have been near this type of list, and it's his previous hardness and inside work that has probably led to his fear of contact. smashed by hodge, smashed by dangerfield. it's not just being soft that is an issue now, his efforts to avoid contact creates poor decisions and disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running with the flight of the ball towards a pack. You are on drugs mate.
1603958576038.jpeg
1603958736544.jpeg

FF to around 1:25

Last edited:
motlop, watts

rozee a big diver

I went with Duursma for what I considered to be pissweak posturing against Tom Lynch after jagging a goal. Nothing tough about acting hard
The same Tom lynch who drops his knee on opponents?

Duursma the same bloke who ran full throttle back into the pack to take a mark and knocked himself out

Rozee a big diver? Jack and grimes say hi

There are no soft players in the AFL. Every single one of them put in so much effort

Jaidyn Stephenson might be the softest player I've seen in the last 10 years. He'd probably be the softest guy on the field in local footy. Immense speed and skill though.

And a lot of heart.

Tom scully
This x 1 million

strongly strongly disgaree, because they play footy you think they somehow are mentally tougher or physically more withstanding than those who don't.
Right on.
Name me an afl amputee going to work earning a buck, raising kids, and still managing to
There are no soft players in the AFL. Every single one of them put in so much effort
Sidebottom says "hello" in his undies.

once upon a time murphy wouldn't have been near this type of list, and it's his previous hardness and inside work that has probably led to his fear of contact. smashed by hodge, smashed by dangerfield. it's not just being soft that is an issue now, his efforts to avoid contact creates poor decisions and disposal.

For such a lean, lightly built midfielder he used to crack in like the bulls.

But yes now unfortunately I see him hospital handball way too often or rush kick it to avoid being hit and a younger teammate gets crunched instead.

Guys like Darling and Pickett have had some bad shirk moments but they clearly aren't the softest. Both have also cracked in at times. Pickett is decent defensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back