Test South Africa vs WI - 2 Tests plus sundry white ball matches

Remove this Banner Ad

I can kind of see what they have been trying to do here with Markram, he’s an attacking batsman and likes to drive through the offside so they bowl a foot outside and fairly full and leave a gap or two.

But the ball has barely swung a millimetre, the pitch is offering no sideways movement but IS quick, and Markram is in utterly sparkling touch, so STOP F***ING BOWLING THERE

Motie with maybe the worst 2-fa I've ever seen and now all of a sudden bowling jaffas to Bavuma.

They seriously under bowl Kyle Mayers. Bat him at six or seven and give him more overs. Drop Chase and play an extra pure bat. He's a seriously damn good bowler.

They seriously under bowl Kyle Mayers. Bat him at six or seven and give him more overs. Drop Chase and play an extra pure bat. He's a seriously damn good bowler.

100 per cent. I have made about 6-7 comments in this thread alone along the same lines. He’s canny, he’s smart, he is the one guy who almost ALWAYS moves the ball. Change is role and get the most out of him with bat and ball because at the moment they’re over-using Chase with both and getting nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hardest part about following the West Indies is the amount of disappointments that are clearly avoidable.

Like following Zimbabwe, or past Bangladesh sides, or some of the weaker SL sides when they play in SENA countries particularly with the ball, you can watch and go ‘ok they’re just not up to it in this situation’ but MOST (not all) of the West Indians skill wise are capable of it.

Holder batting well, WIndies look a better prospect when his all round game is strong.

Just watched the mini - three top order players lost to a run out, a clip off the pads that smashed straight into short leg, and a thick inside edge headed towards backward square that trickled off the calf into the stumps. It is f***ing hard work watching these lads sometimes.

Holder’s highlight reel was absolutely amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back