Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2021 (3 T20's, 3 ODI's and 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am looking forward to the Test series between these two teams.

West Indies haven't beaten Sri Lanka in a Test series since 2003 though.

This series may be their best chance to finally win a series against Sri Lanka. Should be an interesting series.

Gayle, Lendl Simmons, Bravo, Fidel Edwards....is playing for your country cool again?

You can smell a world cup around the corner!

It's good to see Gayle and Simmons back in particular. Don't think Bravo has played a lot of cricket lately.

Fidel has been pretty good in county cricket for a long time now, shame he went down that path though had a lot of potential, same as Jerome Taylor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can smell a world cup around the corner!

It's good to see Gayle and Simmons back in particular. Don't think Bravo has played a lot of cricket lately.

Fidel has been pretty good in county cricket for a long time now, shame he went down that path though had a lot of potential, same as Jerome Taylor.

Edwards was a strange one. Bowled like lightning but was always a full skiddy bowler so was perpetually expensive

Gayle, Lendl Simmons, Bravo, Fidel Edwards....is playing for your country cool again?

Kind of like you could always tell the Olympics were coming up because Federer starting playing Davis Cup :)
=====================================================================================
A nice little cricket ground this one, lovely swaying palm trees.

Sri Lanka imploding here.

Chris Gayle was playing international cricket before teammate Kevin Sinclair was born.

Outside of Pakistan and possibly Sri Lanka when Jayasuriya played at 42, when was the last time a side featured a player and a teammate in that scenario? John Traicos with Zimbabwe maybe?

For a laugh turn on the subtitles & see how YT translates the West Indian accents of the commentators :)

Last edited:
Disgraceful obstruction decision there... shameful for Pollard to uphold his appeal IF he saw the replay on the big screen too

Yeah not so sure I’m particularly pleased with this. I didn’t see it just read the commentary but that’s not the way you want to pick up a wicket. Even if the Sri Lankan player has cost us a chance at the run out which by all accounts he did, he doesn’t appear to have done it deliberately. Not your greatest moment Kieron.

Meanwhile Hope brings up another century. Permission to dress him in coloured clothes in Test cricket plz.

That’s his 9th century in his last 40 odi innings.

If hope gets to 7* in his next match, he will have a career average of 90 as an odi opener.

8 centuries in 24 innings so far.
Pretty incredible record!

Although his career SR is 72 which is quite slow in the modern game. I guess he provides a steady ship for the Windies and they have enough firepower around him to make competitive totals. Just wonder if he's better at 3 or 4 to provide some support if early wickets fall and for two fast scoring openers to make the most of the first powerplay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back