Star Wars Star Wars: The Last Jedi - THREAD PART 2 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS*

Remove this Banner Ad

My boy has been on a Star Wars marathon (bout time, thought I’d lost him to Harry Potter :oops:). Today was Force Awakens and two thirds of TLJ. It really does get better with each screening though the disappointment in knowing how they screwed up the ending does hurt a bit. The scene with Luke and Yoda is brilliant, goosebumps worthy. As is the whole scene on Snoke’s ship, the layers when he’s describing what Kylo is about to do are fantastic.

That, I think, is the most disappointing part of TROS. Snoke talks about Kylo fulfilling his destiny and destroying his true enemy, which is Snoke. This is Kylo fulfilling the purpose of every Sith apprentice and killing his master, it follows on from JJ’s story beAt of Kylo killing Han. He should have been the big bad and the fact they walked that back so they could reproduce a redemption arc is just so disappointing.

That, I think, is the most disappointing part of TROS. Snoke talks about Kylo fulfilling his destiny and destroying his true enemy, which is Snoke. This is Kylo fulfilling the purpose of every Sith apprentice and killing his master
The whole "All Sith Apprentices Must Kill Their Master" is an egregiously stupid plot device... it makes no sense.

"Hey you wanna join the dark side? It's great. Once you get really good at it, the next person comes along and kills you when you're not looking."
"Sounds great, woop woop!"

Like if you were Snoke why would you have bothered with an apprentice when you knew their whole purpose was to kill you.

The setup in the OT makes sense: If Luke gives in to his fear and anger, he'd be consumed by hatred and corrupted by the emperor and then join the dark side with his dad.

Every other time they've rolled out the Sith/Master/Apprentice thing it's just been ******* dumb as.

The Rule of Two has been explained in much greater and better detail in books than it’s ever been explained in film. It is not nearly as bad as you think it would be.
Exists in the animal kingdom, even indigenous tribes. The alpha male rules but always one day the strongest youngun eventually will overpower the old alpha and take his place. Its the same....the apprentice learns everything they can from the master so that eventually when the master is too old/frail and no longer capable the apprentice takes the mantle. Iron sharpening iron kinda.

Same dynamic with cricket captains too.

Just watched it.

This was a genuine steaming pile of s**t. It was actually more predictable and worse than the last one, which is no easy feat

5/10

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Just watched it.

This was a genuine steaming pile of s**t. It was actually more predictable and worse than the last one, which is no easy feat

5/10

early rise to watch the movie? agree with predictability. in fact all SW are predictable

early rise to watch the movie? agree with predictability. in fact all SW are predictable
Fell asleep watching it last night. Stupidly watched the end this morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it wasnt as bad as i thought it shall be second time around.

I wondered how humans breathe when they're in the landing bay on the larger ships aka destroyer as there's no door to keep the O2 in.

Enjoyed it for what it was.

The blue light is a magnetic field keeping atmosphere and gravity in.

Just watched it.

5/10

Watching it for the first time TLJ was anything but predictable. I'm not quite sure how you would have predicted Snoke being killed, or Luke refusing to train Rey, or Ren and Rey becoming bonded (after the events of TFA).

Watching it for the first time TLJ was anything but predictable. I'm not quite sure how you would have predicted Snoke being killed

Didn't, good move.

or Luke refusing to train Rey

Because I've seen Empire Strikes Back

or Ren and Rey becoming bonded (after the events of TFA).

Didn't, it became the most interesting story beat of the ST.

Watching it for the first time TLJ was anything but predictable. I'm not quite sure how you would have predicted Snoke being killed, or Luke refusing to train Rey, or Ren and Rey becoming bonded (after the events of TFA).
becasue when I posted this I thought it was the last movie so wrong thread

This movie was a load of bullshit though, it was like the writers would write themself into a hole and then give the jedis some new type of power to get them out of trouble. The whole hologram Luke Skywalker was ******* atrocious

I don't have too much issue with the hologram as much as I do of him dying on exhaustion following it, then not being seen at all in TROS save for the acho too scene, as if all of a sudden force ghosts can't leave the place they died at, or the pissweak excuse for him bailing, or him doing nothing at all to prevent it from happening as he apparently knew Snoke was getting in to Kylo already, or the fact we now see the X-Wing was still functional but he chose to remain on the island and just skype it in (this one is on the TROS retcon).

All in all the character was well and truly ballsed up, thank god for Mark Hamill that still managed to act the hell out of it, he deserved more.

Last edited:
becasue when I posted this I thought it was the last movie so wrong thread

This movie was a load of bullshit though, it was like the writers would write themself into a hole and then give the jedis some new type of power to get them out of trouble. The whole hologram Luke Skywalker was ******* atrocious

The projection power wasn't a new thing in TLJ though.

I don't have too much issue with the hologram as much as I do of him dying on exhaustion following it, then not being seen at all in TROS save for the acho too scene, as if all of a sudden force ghosts can't leave the place they died at, or the pissweak excuse for him bailing, or him doing nothing at all to prevent it from happening as he apparently knew Snoke was getting in to Kylo already, or the fact we now see the X-Wing was still functional but he chose to remain on the island and just skype it in (this one is on the TROS retcon).

All in all the character was well and truly ballsed up, thank god for Mark Hamill that still managed to act the hell out of it, he deserved more.
when rey got into the x-wing it was completely dry inside. wtf??!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back