Starting my EPL journey - who to follow

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll get nothing out of just picking a team.....so here's a little tip I like to call 'Moo's Little Tip to Tipping a Team'

Rather than watch a few games, what you need to do is get a bit of cash together and start betting on a few games. In this strategy we encourage you to chase your losses too.

At the end of a few weeks there will be one team that has screwed you over more than any other ....made you cry and yell at the TV.

It is that team that has frustrated the crap out of you and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory time and time again .......that my friend is your team.

You're welcome.

You'll get nothing out of just picking a team.....so here's a little tip I like to call 'Moo's Little Tip to Tipping a Team'

Rather than watch a few games, what you need to do is get a bit of cash together and start betting on a few games. In this strategy we encourage you to chase your losses too.

At the end of a few weeks there will be one team that has screwed you over more than any other ....made you cry and yell at the TV.

It is that team that has frustrated the crap out of you and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory time and time again .......that my friend is your team.

You're welcome.

That is why you are a Toon fan my friend! :D

QPR. Just relegated but signed Aussie Massimo Luongo!!

Which team in the A-League do you support?
I support WSW

Good to see Massimo get to QPR, a bit disappointing that he wont be playing EPL this year but if he (and the team) is good enough and he cements a spot then next year could be big for him.

You're welcome.
This is perfect. Do this.

This board could do with an overbearing Stoke fan. West Ham?
Embers was the resident West Ham fan here. Very knowledgable bloke on football - he used to watch three or four matches all at the same time. Came out with the odd clanger though - like tipping Wolves to finish 6th the season they got relegated. Shame he doesn't post here anymore

How important are the colours a team plays in when you chose one to follow? Could you support a team who's 1st kit is a colour you aren't particularly fond of? I've always hated the colour red so that may have swayed me away from your liverpools etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How important are the colours a team plays in when you chose one to follow? Could you support a team who's 1st kit is a colour you aren't particularly fond of? I've always hated the colour red so that may have swayed me away from your liverpools etc
One of the main reasons I loved Borussia over Bochum. Colours of WA

Pick a Premier League club that isn't Man Utd / Chelsea / Arsenal / Liverpool / Man City and hope that they are taken over by a billionaire.

You've got a 1 in 15 chance really.

I picked Man Utd in the early 90s because a good family friend who was older than me and into soccer went for them. Sweet decision, they've gone OK since then. I only really took an interest in soccer from the late 90s and in that time the last two years has been United's bad patch, so it's not exactly a tough gig going for them.

I've always taken an interest in other teams, though. I reckon it's a function of the league. If you don't have a squillion dollars to spend then you're never going to be a realistic chance of winning the title. I like to keep an eye on the battle for the 6-10th spots, and the relegation battle, and I always like to see teams with Aussies doing well.

Can't choose a club. Let your club choose you.

I still think this was the best post in the thread!

I've been watching EPL for a good 15 years now, waiting for a team to pick me. As a "little brother/underdog" team, Manchester City almost got there before the takeover, but then I had no interest when they became the billionaires. I tried the Birmingham teams as an old trade unionist, but it still didn't take hold for me.

It's a hard one, is the EPL. Sport is about the struggle. It's about the investment that we make to years of pain in the hope that one day... one day, our team is going to make it worth it.

But I don't feel that's the case in the EPL. Unless you're counting things like League Cups as success, it's very hard to support a Crystal Palace or a Leicester City knowing they'll never win anything.

I'm sure some of this is a result of growing up Australian where there's only one winner, and we don't value aims such as finishing 4th, or 6th, or whatever.

I still think this was the best post in the thread!

I've been watching EPL for a good 15 years now, waiting for a team to pick me. As a "little brother/underdog" team, Manchester City almost got there before the takeover, but then I had no interest when they became the billionaires. I tried the Birmingham teams as an old trade unionist, but it still didn't take hold for me.

It's a hard one, is the EPL. Sport is about the struggle. It's about the investment that we make to years of pain in the hope that one day... one day, our team is going to make it worth it.

But I don't feel that's the case in the EPL. Unless you're counting things like League Cups as success, it's very hard to support a Crystal Palace or a Leicester City knowing they'll never win anything.

I'm sure some of this is a result of growing up Australian where there's only one winner, and we don't value aims such as finishing 4th, or 6th, or whatever.
Except in the AFL where 1st is everything but 8th is worse than 10th.

Who did you pick?
Crystal Palace. Sure, they might not win an EPL title, but thats OK. I have the black and yellows to support for that. I love the intent by signing Cabaye, the way they pulled together to beat Chelsea, and most importantly, their away strip which looks amazing. Get up Eagles!

Crystal Palace. Sure, they might not win an EPL title, but thats OK. I have the black and yellows to support for that. I love the intent by signing Cabaye, the way they pulled together to beat Chelsea, and most importantly, their away strip which looks amazing. Get up Eagles!
The away strip is beautiful :thumbsu:

Ok - I have a hit a stumbling block and I need some help.
My love for Palace has been growing by the week, however, an even stronger love has now come to the table

That love is Jurgen Klopp.

Ever since he set foot in Dortmund, he has been the one we have all looked up to, all loved, through the tough early years, through the amazing ride that was 2010-2013, and even the more recent tougher times.

He has now, as everybody knows, signed at Liverpool for 3 years - something which almost bought a tear to me eye, to see the great man back, smiling, and ready to take a leap into the unforgiving land of the EPL.

Would it be considered then, in this instance, plastic/bandwagon/etc etc of me to embrace my love of Klopp over my new found team and gravitate towards Liverpool? I will always now have a keen interest in CP, but I feel I have invested too much of my life into getting around Klopp to not follow him.

Thanks in advance, and please don't hate me all you MUFC fans

Ok - I have a hit a stumbling block and I need some help.
My love for Palace has been growing by the week, however, an even stronger love has now come to the table

That love is Jurgen Klopp.

Ever since he set foot in Dortmund, he has been the one we have all looked up to, all loved, through the tough early years, through the amazing ride that was 2010-2013, and even the more recent tougher times.

He has now, as everybody knows, signed at Liverpool for 3 years - something which almost bought a tear to me eye, to see the great man back, smiling, and ready to take a leap into the unforgiving land of the EPL.

Would it be considered then, in this instance, plastic/bandwagon/etc etc of me to embrace my love of Klopp over my new found team and gravitate towards Liverpool? I will always now have a keen interest in CP, but I feel I have invested too much of my life into getting around Klopp to not follow him.

Thanks in advance, and please don't hate me all you MUFC fans
Whilst Klopp is awesome, Liverpool still suck. Stick with Palace. If you change and Klopp is no longer there at the end of his contract you'll regret it badly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back