Straight Sets

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha you’re 0-4 a winning % of 0.
At least we have won a couple. Of course it’s only against other really bad finals teams like yours.

Even whilst you won flags, Losing to WCE, only to get them at the G in a GF. Every GF was played against an interstate side and you should’ve been beaten by Port in the PF, Cats without Chappy and Enright, and even when you got Freo in a PF, Nat Fyfe was injured.
That ‘13 GF was hardly convincing either. Lost to Sydney in ‘12 but Crows were robbed in the PF.

Hardwick and the tigers are likely to go B2B and without an issue whatsoever. Far better team and coach and I’ll say it with just 1 flag to their name.
3peats are great to look at in the record books and I would love my side to get one but Hawthorn’s ‘greatness’ is grossly exaggerated.
Umpiring incompetence played a big role.

This is a laugh.

3peat > nopeaters.

I think it was a bit of a statistical anomaly from 2001-13. Also a lot of finals have the home team as the top 4 side which skews the odds further.

Throughout the 80s and 90s a lot of sides went out in straight sets, seems we are just reverting back to that

Hawks have achieved more than expectations start and during year. Though expectations will be higher next year so pressure will be on.

Cats and Swans have been shown up a bit: former lack an identity, continuity, a game style that is theirs. Scott mucks about with it too much. The latter grind out close wins against plenty of good sides but lack the expansiveness abd creativity if things go awry. Cats and Swans need to review coaching.

Collingwood haven't gone out on straight sets since 1988.

Even in semis they didn't go in favourite such as Adelaide in 09 and WC in 12, they avoided straight sets by winning those games notwithstanding the closeness of those games!

I'd expect the same result tonight. A very close game but a 2-3 goal win nevertheless.

It’s not arrogance.

Melbourne are now rightfully in the final 4, as will GWS tonight.

The 4 best dudes will play off in the prelims.
That was June mate. It’s now September.

You’ve only beat 1 top 8 side, that match all the way back in June. You limped into the top 4 and will be bundled out in straigh sets like the hawks.

You’re simply not good enough
Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Would I prefer a B2B? Yes.
Would winning 07,08 but losing 09 make us better? No it doesn’t.
Do you realise this was 10 years ago?

Your development has been stunted, Whiskers. I think maybe it's time to delete your account and concentrate on doing something useful & productive with the remainder of your life.

Collingwood haven't gone out on straight sets since 1988.

Even in semis they didn't go in favourite such as Adelaide in 09 and WC in 12, they avoided straight sets by winning those games notwithstanding the closeness of those games!

I'd expect the same result tonight. A very close game but a 2-3 goal win nevertheless.

Good prediction!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was June mate. It’s now September.

You’ve only beat 1 top 8 side, that match all the way back in June. You limped into the top 4 and will be bundled out in straigh sets like the hawks.

You’re simply not good enough
Guess you were wrong - again. Could we be lucky enough to meet you bunnys in the GF?

Pies showed they’re in the top 4 best sides of 2018.

Well done.
They showed that when they finished 3rd at the end of the H&A season. I think many got too caught up with GWS smashing Sydney that they forgot how GWS fare in Melbourne. Also, Collingwood played well against West Coast the week prior.

Crows won B2B
These type of things don’t always tell the real story.
Would I prefer a B2B? Yes.
Would winning 07,08 but losing 09 make us better? No it doesn’t.
Whatever. The real point is that despite recruiting your “superstar” midfield you are now inferior to the Pies

Haha you’re 0-4 a winning % of 0.
At least we have won a couple. Of course it’s only against other really bad finals teams like yours.

Even whilst you won flags, Losing to WCE, only to get them at the G in a GF. Every GF was played against an interstate side and you should’ve been beaten by Port in the PF, Cats without Chappy and Enright, and even when you got Freo in a PF, Nat Fyfe was injured.
That ‘13 GF was hardly convincing either. Lost to Sydney in ‘12 but Crows were robbed in the PF.

Hardwick and the tigers are likely to go B2B and without an issue whatsoever. Far better team and coach and I’ll say it with just 1 flag to their name.
3peats are great to look at in the record books and I would love my side to get one but Hawthorn’s ‘greatness’ is grossly exaggerated.
Umpiring incompetence played a big role.

That’s it!! Let that hate flow through you......

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

What intrigues me is the focus given to our record v top 8 sides, but the complete disregard of the record v the bottom 10.

In 2018 Collingwood had a 14-0 record against teams that finished outside the 8 and no one else boasts a record like that. It doesn’t happen often that a team goes through a season undefeated against teams that missed the 8. In 2017 3.5 of our 9.5 wins came against top 8 teams, but who cares we missed the 8.

The premier always ends September with at least 3 wins v top 8 teams and WC, Collingwood and Richmond are all on 1 currently. Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet!

What intrigues me is the focus given to our record v top 8 sides, but the complete disregard of the record v the bottom 10.

In 2018 Collingwood had a 14-0 record against teams that finished outside the 8 and no one else boasts a record like that. It doesn’t happen often that a team goes through a season undefeated against teams that missed the 8. In 2017 3.5 of our 9.5 wins came against top 8 teams, but who cares we missed the 8.

The premier always ends September with at least 3 wins v top 8 teams and WC, Collingwood and Richmond are all on 1 currently. Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet!
Exactly. People also tend to draw a magic line between 8th and 9th when it's easy to ignore that 12th place had a positive win-loss (12-10). Another way of looking at it is we've now won 7 of our last 9 against the 3-12 bracket (with one of the losses by 2 points and 5 of the 7 wins by 40+). We haven't been able to beat the top 2 but we've matched it with both sides for three quarters - the challenge this week will obviously be to put four quarters together against Richmond.

Personally I think the wins vs top-8 statistic is a bit overrated - Sydney had the best out of everyone (8-3) and it didn't help them a whole lot...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back