Strangest player in the league (past/present)

Remove this Banner Ad

In days gone past it was easy for clubs to cover up so called misdemeanors by stars.
If people only knew a third about past cover ups the old brownlow board would have a few asterisks,as would the AFL legends board.
Bottom line, what the public dont know.
As for strangest and biggest idiot Capper for me wins hands down.

If anything I'd say Bob Murphy turned out more normal than expected given his parents are a priest and a nun.

I'm glad it only took a few posts for Adam Heuskes to come up. He is a ******* oddball.

Will Minson is an odd unit, so is Chris Judd. You don't tend to get genuine weirdos any more, just guys who don't strictly fit the mould. You get the odd player who doesn't love footy the same way fans do. The ones who don't read the papers, don't really take an interest in the game outside their own matches and training etc. People look at them like they lepers.

Dean Terlich, don't know too many people who think it's a good idea to dress up as a convicted paedophile for a fancy dress party

Apparently Mark Coughlan was a very weird unit. Nathan Brown wrote about him once:

"In my 13 years of playing football, he is the rarest individual I have ever met. He is very popular among the playing group and conducts his life like no other person I know. He turned up at the club the other day with one shoe on — he couldn't find the other one. Mark doesn't talk much and could quite easily go a week without saying a word, is ridiculously intelligent in a Stephen Hawking way, and somewhat aloof."
Sounds like the guy just had a high opinion of himself, he was a good looking rooster from what i remember.

Strange is one word for him. There's a few others.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2004/s1100551.htm

Just read through all of this. Sickening.. and we wonder why rape victims are hesitant to go to the cops.

While I'm not for one second defending him, we all do stupid things in our 20's that we later regret. I'm sure he would be ashamed of what he's done, however if he's learnt from his mistakes he deserves a second chance imo.

Huh. Here I was thinking that dragging a blackout drunk woman into a park and gang raping her was on a slightly different level to "stupid things we all do in our 20s". Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just a silly mistake by an otherwise good bloke. As long as he's learnt his lesson - despite getting off scot-free.

If you want a current one, go follow Jayden Hunt on Instagram, quickly acquiring cult hero status with his weirdness (not to mention the Nippys)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen Doc Scott a few times. His fashion sense is certainly unique.

Stratton from the current day Hawks seems to be a bit odd.
Don Scott allegedly sacked as Sth Adelaide coach for some incidents in the changerooms?

Don't know if I'd consider Gary Ablett Jr weird as such (although his strong religious beliefs obviously make him an outlier). He does come across as a massive dork though in kind of an endearing way.

There was this little clip of him boxing in the rooms with one of his teammates before the game yesterday. He looked like he was kind of playing up to the cameras in an odd way - like, "I could really hurt him if I wanted to but haha don't worry guys we're just playing"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back