News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really hard to judge a person without knowing him i suppose but I agree with you because he just has this falseness about him. Does not come across with much sincerity whenever he speaks. Looks quite a stand offish sort of character as well. Obviously though could be barking up the wrong tree.
Used to live nearby and I have met him...nice bloke. Having said that, how many people have watched a Richard Gere or Ben Stiller movie and said ‘I can’t stand those guys’? Yep,I’m guilty!

Just need to give the guy (Harley) a chance to warm his seat up.
I listened to him chatting to a few other folk asking questions, at the pre season function at Albert Park for Vic Members.
He was nothing but polite, professional, down to earth with every day supporters & intelligent.

Just give other fellow human beings a chance folks. Even if they make mistakes.

Note how Harley rarely says anything critical about the AFL. He could have smited them over the Buddy recruitment penalties, media and work deals ticked off as outside the salary cap for VFL clubs or even umpiring.

He does not. Why? He is a company man and the VFL is his company. I am convinced he sees himself as the successor to Baron Gil of McLaughlinland.

We were bloody lucky to have had Ireland as our long term CEO. We are less lucky to have Harley.

Considering we're about to take out a loan close to $15 million which we don't have the assets to borrow against, we need the AFL to act as guarantor on that loan. So maybe keeping the AFL on side at this stage is better than mouthing off at them and risking the financial health of this club.
None of what you brought up wanting Harley to be critical toward the AFL towards beside the Buddy penalties is something our CEO should be commenting on in the media and even then our CEO at that time did so and rehashing it now serves no purpose. I don't know what you expect from him when you place unrealistic expectations on him.

As for being lucky to have had Ireland as our CEO over a long period, that is correct. But maybe take the blinkers off and think for a second that Ireland recruited Harley to this club and over time decided that he was a good enough person to replace himself. If you think Harley is s**t, then you must think Ireland's judgement is also s**t.

I do not know, but having a corporate lawyer (who is a Harley mate) run our footy department seemed to be a weird punt. No-one knows if this punt has gone out on the full.

When Horse leaves at the end of the year, I believe a review for the Club and it's footy department is warranted.

Be it Caracalla or Ratten, it is time the Footy Department got a shakeup. It would be great if our new coach was supported by someone like Balme or even Ayres.

I love how everyone is convinced Longmire is just going to walk away and now stating it as fact, if he doesn't (which would be within his rights) the club won't sack him as they won't have the money to do so. As for Charlie Gardiner he has been in the job 6 months, yet you want him to hand over his job already. Yeah that isn't going to happen for reasons already stated. That being said I agree a review of the football department should be undertaken regardless of what happens the rest of the year because that can only be a good thing going forward and can identify weaknesses where the club doesn't any and allows them to address them going forward. But that doesn't mean people will lose their jobs because you don't like how they come across.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how everyone is convinced Longmire is just going to walk away and now stating it as fact, if he doesn't (which would be within his rights) the club won't sack him as they won't have the money to do so. As for Charlie Gardiner he has been in the job 6 months, yet you want him to hand over his job already. Yeah that isn't going to happen for reasons already stated. That being said I agree a review of the football department should be undertaken regardless of what happens the rest of the year because that can only be a good thing going forward and can identify weaknesses where the club doesn't any and allows them to address them going forward. But that doesn't mean people will lose their jobs because you don't like how they come across.

Yeah, I'm far from convinced that Longmire will go at the end of the year and I find it highly amusing that this is now being quoted as fact. A review at the end of the year may be a good thing regardless of where we finish on the ladder.

Yeah, I'm far from convinced that Longmire will go at the end of the year and I find it highly amusing that this is now being quoted as fact. A review at the end of the year may be a good thing regardless of where we finish on the ladder.

The Football Department hasn't had a review since Andrew Ireland joined the club as General Manager of Football in 2002 and his review put in place most of the structure the Football Department has today. Other than minor role changes here and there, it been largely unchanged. A review is not only timely with the most to the RHI coming up but overdue

Next you will say the buddy trade isn’t a fact

I respect bedford's opinion even though I don't always agree with him, but he has been wrong before, he said last trade period that we were into Darcy Moore and that didn't happen.

I'm hearing Longmire will quit immediately, with Mark Neeld to be appointed interim coach to get the club back on track.

Longmire will take over from Ross Lyon because Freo are sick of the defensive gameplan.
Where are you hearing this?

I respect bedford's opinion even though I don't always agree with him, but he has been wrong before, he said last trade period that we were into Darcy Moore and that didn't happen.
Well I state as fact RW , we were , the Pies upped their offer and he stayed ! doesn't mean i'm wrong. You don't get everyone you want.

Best place for this and it’s a definitive ‘NO’ from me:

Horse/Brad Scott swap.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/4d5a409f0178a3140d1890442c55b44d
Well if Longmire goes, who do people seriously think will coach our club?
Brad Scott is younger than Ratten. I would feel the same about getting a coach who got the arse from Carlton nearly a decade ago. Same would go for Voss, Hird, etc. None of those guys are close to Longmire as far as the whole package of looking after a player's welfare goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back