News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Yeah, probably a fair cop. I'm being overly harsh.

I just recall my intense frustration at seeing our no.4 draft pick mugging it up on Big Brother when he could have been kicking goals at the SCG.

You're gonna hate it when Logan McDonald makes his debut appearance on Married At First Sight next year then.

15MAY21: Swans v Magpies match reports/Multiple
A 30 point victory against the Magpies oh how sweet it is:wineglass::cocktail::hearteyes:

Last edited:
How does the Sunday Footy Show remain on air? It is an anachronism, two hours of panel members talking over each other with in-jokes and weekly segments of clips from last century of players belting each other. They finally throw in 90 seconds of analysis on games (gee Hickey played well but we didn't give him any votes) which they seem to almost begrudge running.

How does the Sunday Footy Show remain on air? It is an anachronism, two hours of panel members talking over each other with in-jokes and weekly segments of clips from last century of players belting each other. They finally throw in 90 seconds of analysis on games (gee Hickey played well but we didn't give him any votes) which they seem to almost begrudge running.
Now come on. Most weeks they just forget or run out of time to review our game at all. Don't be greedy.

16MAY2!: Hayden Mclean lazybits/AFL Website
A well-deserved shout-out to Hayden Mac.

When Franklin finally returned in round two, and later played in rounds four and five, it was at the expense of McLean...
They lined up together again against Collingwood and the 22-year-old showed he can be more than just Franklin’s understudy with a game-high five contested marks, three forward 50 tackles and 18 disposals. McLean was often the Swans' deepest forward, allowing Franklin to roam around the forward 50 arc, in a structure that worked so well it seems the duo can form a potent combination.

16MAY21: Swans current form lazybits/Fox Sports
A well-deserved shout-out to Hayden Mac.

When Franklin finally returned in round two, and later played in rounds four and five, it was at the expense of McLean...
They lined up together again against Collingwood and the 22-year-old showed he can be more than just Franklin’s understudy with a game-high five contested marks, three forward 50 tackles and 18 disposals. McLean was often the Swans' deepest forward, allowing Franklin to roam around the forward 50 arc, in a structure that worked so well it seems the duo can form a potent combination.
Most of the Vics will be saying who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not directly Swans related, but I found it funny.

Carlton have been poaching interstate players for the best part of 40 years (or as long as I can remember), and now they are trying to low-ball their captain so out comes the vic media mafia in support.

Again this is not directly related to Swans but it affected us back in 2016.
Bevo sooking it up about how the poor umpire interpretations for HTB has been the result because the AFL "flinched" after backlash from clubs because of their ball disposal in 2016.

NO BEVO! YOU CHEATED YOUR WAY THROUGH 2016 BY THROWING THE BALL............................INCORRECT DISPOSAL MATE!

Go & get f . c . . d Bevo!

RUDE LETTER TO FOLLOW!

Bevo sooking it up about how the poor umpire interpretations for HTB has been the result because the AFL "flinched" after backlash from clubs because of their ball disposal in 2016.

NO BEVO! YOU CHEATED YOUR WAY THROUGH 2016 BY THROWING THE BALL............................INCORRECT DISPOSAL MATE!

RUDE LETTER TO FOLLOW!
Did Bevo mention how it was also cloudy after the Dogs applied the tactic of dropping the ball as soon as they got tackled and the umps called play on like it was knocked out in the tackle? Did that get a mention?

RUDE LETTER TO FOLLOW!

He's an arseclown. The way 'his' team played is what made it blurry. Umpire/AFL sanctioned theft in 2016

This is my nightmare. Dawson is surely close to the biggest priority for us moving forward. Bloody media needs to stop giving out ideas.
Dawson has already addressed this in his presser for his 50th. He has no intention of going anywhere. He loves living in Sydney and a move to Adelaide is not on the cards

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not directly Swans related, but I found it funny.

Carlton have been poaching interstate players for the best part of 40 years (or as long as I can remember), and now they are trying to low-ball their captain so out comes the vic media mafia in support.

I found the following infuriating.

"But a 'Cripps clause', like the Bird rights, would give them a better ability to keep the group together – and reward Cripps for knocking back rival overtures throughout his career, the lure of a return back home to Western Australia and the patience for leading the club through its rebuild."

Those poor Victorian clubs having to fight off those pesky interstate clubs trying to poach their players.

If Cripps has any sense he'll run to west coast. Will be the reverse of Judd, where he's busted his back carrying that hopeless team for all these years.

"But a 'Cripps clause', like the Bird rights, would give them a better ability to keep the group together – and reward Cripps for knocking back rival overtures throughout his career, the lure of a return back home to Western Australia and the patience for leading the club through its rebuild."

Those poor Victorian clubs having to fight off those pesky interstate clubs trying to poach their players.

If Cripps has any sense he'll run to west coast. Will be the reverse of Judd, where he's busted his back carrying that hopeless team for all these years.

This is an absolute, beyond stupid idea. Even crazier than NGA's for kids who have the exact same pathways available to them as any other kid in Melbourne.

Salary cap says they'll have to cut Cripps because they prioritised Williams and Saad last year and will have to cough up large for McKay and Walsh shortly. This is just a ploy to deflect the incoming angst that will come from members. Diddums....

Victorians are bloody hilarious creatures. Why is this suggestion only coming up now? Why wasn’t it brought up every time a Victorian born player was lured from a non-Victorian team for less than fair value?

I hope Carlton get royally screwed in any trade that involves Cripps. After that the club can wallow and die for all I care. Just as they wanted to happen to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back