Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DH Dwayne Russell saying we get ready made players from the academy ! how many are any good
In what context, Bedford. We can't even form a best 22 from players recruited from the Academy since inception. Or did he miss that rather obvious point.

DH Dwayne Russell saying we get ready made players from the academy ! how many are any good
he's a F wit
Im a bit slow with all the new acronyms and abbreviations in modern day social media, but I got what DH Dwayne and F wit means pretty quick.

I guess the last draft is a good indication .. The Pies, due to pathetic list mgt, had to give away their 1st round pick, they still drafted the best 1st year player in the comp. The Swans drafted 4 inter-state kids

Im a bit slow with all the new acronyms and abbreviations in modern day social media, but I got what DH Dwayne and F wit means pretty quick.

I guess the last draft is a good indication .. The Pies, due to pathetic list mgt, had to give away their 1st round pick, they still drafted the best 1st year player in the comp. The Swans drafted 4 inter-state kids

Believe they still had to have enough points to match the bid though, which meant sacrificing other picks. By contrast I don't believe we have to match the points of an Academy pick, we just have to use our next available pick. Something I agree should change.

23JUN22: Swans Daily Media lazybits/Multiple
Swans Daily Media:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe the bidding process was only for the Academies run by the Victorian clubs, which is why JUH was the example used in the article. I could be wrong, but it's part of the frustration people had that we were able to get McDonald, Campbell and Gulden all within the first two rounds (with McDonald obviously not an Academy player).

If I'm wrong happy to stand corrected but that article didn't dispel that.

MMM have put up Champion Data's Elite list , interesting that George Hewett is in it and not 1 Swan ! just shows what a waste of time this mob is

MMM have put up Champion Data's Elite list , interesting that George Hewett is in it and not 1 Swan ! just shows what a waste of time this mob is

To be fair, Hewett has had a better year than probably a single Swans player, but yeah Champion Data are crap. What's sad are that people take it seriously and treat it like the Bible for judging players and it effects reputations, recognition etc. CD's input is just not needed and they should STFU.

To be fair, Hewett has had a better year than probably a single Swans player, but yeah Champion Data are crap. What's sad are that people take it seriously and treat it like the Bible for judging players and it effects reputations, recognition etc. CD's input is just not needed and they should STFU.
Mills has been better than Hewett , look at some of the other names

Believe the bidding process was only for the Academies run by the Victorian clubs, which is why JUH was the example used in the article. I could be wrong, but it's part of the frustration people had that we were able to get McDonald, Campbell and Gulden all within the first two rounds (with McDonald obviously not an Academy player).

If I'm wrong happy to stand corrected but that article didn't dispel that.

SM you’re in an alternate universe on this one

SM you’re in an alternate universe on this one

Like I said, if I'm wrong happy to be proven wrong if you have a source, but that's generally been the complaint about the Northern Academies.

Like I said, if I'm wrong happy to be proven wrong if you have a source, but that's generally been the complaint about the Northern Academies.

The draft will have an extra dimension this year after the AFL revealed its new father-son and northern academy players bidding system.

Designed to ensure clubs pay closer to market value for leading draftees, the new bidding system underwent several tweaks after the AFL proposed it to clubs in January.

The League executive put it forward to the Commission last month and it has been passed, which was confirmed on Thursday.

Under the reformed bidding system – which was developed throughout last year – each draft selection is allocated a points value on a sliding scale.

Clubs nominating a player as a father-son or academy draftee will be forced to use their existing draft selections to match the points value of the pick used by the club bidding for the player.

The AFL has settled on a maximum discount of 20 per cent for academy and father-son players in the first round. After that, the discount will be fixed at 197 points - the discount for pick 18.

If a player is bid on after pick 56, then the nominating club need only use its last pick in the draft to list the player.

Last year, Melbourne bid pick two for Isaac Heeney, which under the new system is worth 2517 points. After the 20 per cent discount, the Swans would have needed 2013 points to match the bid and move up to pick No.2.

To do that they would have used the 985 points assigned to pick 18, and the remaining 1028 points subtracted from their remaining picks.

In essence, they would have traded picks 18, 37, 38 and 57 for Heeney (at pick two) and pick 64, where their original pick 57 slid back to.

Picks 18, 37 and 38 would remain live but would be pushed to the end of the draft. The draft order would be updated.

The sophisticated system replaces the old process under which a club could bid on a nominated player and the club would only have to match the bid with its next pick.

The Swans stand as the club likely to be most affected by the changes, with star academy midfielder Callum Mills likely to attract a very early bid.

The club itself should be a good enough source.

We have matched 4 bids for our academy players in Mills, Blakey, Campbell, and Gulden since these rules came in.

We have matched 4 bids for our academy players in Mills, Blakey, Campbell, and Gulden since these rules came in.
We were also the first club to pass on a bid for a F/S under the new system, passing on Dunkley

Fair enough, surprising we had enough points to match on both Campbell and Gulden that early on but must have.

Fair enough, surprising we had enough points to match on both Campbell and Gulden that early on but must have.
Only because Gulden was bid on after pick 26, I believe if it had been before that we would not have had enough points and would have had to get creative.

We were also the first club to pass on a bid for a F/S under the new system, passing on Dunkley
Don't see many other clubs having to pass on a father and son selection because of concerns that they'll request to head back to their home state after developing them into competent footballers for 4 years.

Don't see many other clubs having to pass on a father and son selection because of concerns that they'll request to head back to their home state after developing them into competent footballers for 4 years.
No but we did take another clubs father-son because he knew they are s**t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back