Autopsy Swans vs North Round 17, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Our run home is still ridiculous. If we make the top 4, then it'll be well and truly deserved.

R18: Gold Coast @ SCG
R19: Essendon @ Etihad Stadium
R20: Collingwood @ SCG
R21: Melbourne @ MCG
R22: Greater Western Sydney @ Spotless Stadium
R23: Hawthorn @ SCG

This is where the losses to Adelaide (when they literally had 20 players out), North at home and a few others will bite us. They should both have been wins, especially the first one.

He was making a comment on a chat site that's full of 98% bullshit.
His post is being made out to be such a horror post when it is nothing of the sort & many, many other posters, myself included, post in a similar way but don't have the post deleted.
That's all. No need to delete such a post without working a little harder to remove the other 97% bullshit posted on here.
Oh but then you have no Swans Footy Forum.
How about you put your hand up and mod for a day? "Work a little harder" VOLUNTARILY so you can argue witb how bad a job they do? Sounds like fun yeah?

Well it's harder work just picking out the odd post to delete.
That's my point.
I don't think the criticism is valid or helpful but that's just my opinion. None of my business anyway so I'll quietly back away. Just maybe cut our mods some slack I reckon mate.

I don't think the criticism is valid or helpful but that's just my opinion. None of my business anyway so I'll quietly back away. Just maybe cut our mods some slack I reckon mate.

someone is pushing for POTY :p

This is why Horse frustrates the bejeebers out of me and others. How anyone can't see that we play the SCG differently to any other ground is confusing to me. Not only do we set up ultra-defensively at the SCG, but we don't run as hard and we tend to go sideways and play boring, stagnant, conservative footy. To me it's reflective of the lack of attacking mentality our boys have as soon as they're on the tighter confines of the SCG (admittedly the constant dew seems to make playing slick fast footy difficult)

Yet look what we did yesterday. Buddy was hardly on fire, was well held by Tarrant. But we kicked over 100 and actually won a high-scoring shoot-out. We. Won. A. High. Scoring. Shootout.

Who woulda thunk it? It's because our list is more than capable of playing that kind of footy, we're the best in the comp at it behind Richmond (their skills > our skills) when we actually want to be. But it's so rare. Yesterday with five minutes to go, Horse threw the most dangerous bloke in our side (Aliir) in the FORWARD 50! That's right folks, he didn't throw him behind the ball and try to limit the damage. He went for broke and tried something to help us kick a winning score. And it worked. You watch as soon as we're back the SCG in a close one, he'll throw Aliir and even probably McCartin or someone in the back-line.

Surely he should see that's the kind of footy our boys want to play? They were running harder for each other and taking the game on more than they had in weeks. I think the only thing keeping Richmond so competitive every week is the fact they are playing in a way that benefits their players and that they have all brought into. I reckon that's what we're lacking atm is that all-in mentality around the game plan.

This is why Horse frustrates the bejeebers out of me and others. How anyone can't see that we play the SCG differently to any other ground is confusing to me. Not only do we set up ultra-defensively at the SCG, but we don't run as hard and we tend to go sideways and play boring, stagnant, conservative footy. To me it's reflective of the lack of attacking mentality our boys have as soon as they're on the tighter confines of the SCG (admittedly the constant dew seems to make playing slick fast footy difficult)

Yet look what we did yesterday. Buddy was hardly on fire, was well held by Tarrant. But we kicked over 100 and actually won a high-scoring shoot-out. We. Won. A. High. Scoring. Shootout.

Who woulda thunk it? It's because our list is more than capable of playing that kind of footy, we're the best in the comp at it behind Richmond (their skills > our skills) when we actually want to be. But it's so rare. Yesterday with five minutes to go, Horse threw the most dangerous bloke in our side (Aliir) in the FORWARD 50! That's right folks, he didn't throw him behind the ball and try to limit the damage. He went for broke and tried something to help us kick a winning score. And it worked. You watch as soon as we're back the SCG in a close one, he'll throw Aliir and even probably McCartin or someone in the back-line.

Surely he should see that's the kind of footy our boys want to play? They were running harder for each other and taking the game on more than they had in weeks. I think the only thing keeping Richmond so competitive every week is the fact they are playing in a way that benefits their players and that they have all brought into. I reckon that's what we're lacking atm is that all-in mentality around the game plan.

Helps that we took two old cripples out of the side and replaced them with pace

Helps that we took two old cripples out of the side and replaced them with pace

True

North beat us on the inside, we beat them on the outside. Imagine what we could do if we kept that outside run and carry but actually had the inside grunt of Kennedy and a fit Hanners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ALso I know I shouldn't care but I want Buddy to win the Coleman. He is currently 7 or 8 goals behind Brown which means he needs to kick a few bags. I think he has the potential to do that against Gold Coast and Essendon.
Me too!! And I do care!

Had a look at the Norf board, a few of them complaining about free kicks they felt should have gotten them over the line, that Davis running around cost them the game and they should have been awarded a couple frees, that all of this will be swept under the rug because we're a protected club.

My initial reaction was to go through every point but in the end I don't care. Was a great win for our boys and I'm looking forward to watching the replay during the week.

Had a look at the Norf board, a few of them complaining about free kicks they felt should have gotten them over the line, that Davis running around cost them the game and they should have been awarded a couple frees, that all of this will be swept under the rug because we're a protected club.

My initial reaction was to go through every point but in the end I don't care. Was a great win for our boys and I'm looking forward to watching the replay during the week.

Console yourself with a chardonnay and always remember that they owe you taxes.

Watching the replay because i missed the first half, North playing a cheering crowd noise over the speakers after each of their goals. God it sounds awful on replay. Was it that noticable at the game?

Coaches' votes

9 Ben Ronke
9 Jack Ziebell
6 Shaun Higgins
4 Isaac Heeney
1 Jake Lloyd
1 Aliir Aliir

Ronke 5-4
Ziebell 5-4
Higgins 3-3
Heeney 2-2
Lloyd 1-0
Aliir 1-0

Watching the replay because i missed the first half, North playing a cheering crowd noise over the speakers after each of their goals. God it sounds awful on replay. Was it that noticable at the game?

Was at the game, don't really remember the piped in crowd noise after goals (probably too busy talking to my mate) but they definitely piped in cheers before the bounce to start the last quarter. You could hear a pin drop after they turned the speakers off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back