Autopsy Swans vs North Round 17, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

After viewing the last 2 minutes I am unfortunately in agreement with what norf are talking about, Laidler run around like a Auskick coach. Wasn't clogging the zone but was clearly coaching about positioning, showing which players to pick-up, flapping arms (slow it down) for 2 minutes.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

After viewing the last 2 minutes I am unfortunately in agreement with what norf are talking about, Laidler run around like a Auskick coach. Wasn't clogging the zone but was clearly coaching about positioning, showing which players to pick-up, flapping arms (slow it down) for 2 minutes.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Did not have the opportunity to get off ground without interference. North runner did and broke rules doing so. If our runner was at fault, what was the north runner? Happy to call it a draw if you must!

One of those games i didnt really feel pressure while watching.. kinda like i knew we were gonna win ay. just that relaxed, confidence or something,, as if we were never in doubt ;;)

Well after calming down and watching the replay I can now give my two cents.

Our kids. God we have some good kids coming through. Florent has been awfully consistent this year, he's going to be something special. Heeney took hold of that last quarter like a captain would. Ronke's forward pressure, the scrap, the speed. And McCartin has a pretty damn rock hard set of hands.

It was a cracking contest of footy and felt finals like. Ziebell for me was BOG. We just stuck in there and grinded it out.

Umpiring I don't often whinge about but it is unbelievably inconsistent. It's not so much the frees north got, but the ones we weren't paid as well. There were 2 impeding the play where north players jumped back with the flight but were looking at the swans player that weren't paid, and i'm pretty sure we didnt get a holding the ball free until the second half. Ben Brown seems to get rewarded due to how he gets beaten. It looks like he gets pushed/held etc but he's simply lanky and clumsy. Rampe played so well on him for someone who was giving up a fair bit of height.

The Kennedy injury I'm not too phased about. He said today it should clear up in a couple of days. Rest him this week. Roll over Gold Coast and hopefully earn 4 or 5% and gear up for a big clash back at Etihad.

Brown seems to get rewarded due to how he gets beaten. It looks like he gets pushed/held etc but he's simply lanky and clumsy. Rampe played so well on him for someone who was giving up a fair bit of height.
Rampe gave away two for holding because he had an arm across Brown. Twice McCartin had Thompson or Tarrant just run into him from the front in contests at the top of the square without looking at the ball and no call. Incredible that North apparently only infringed once in the first quarter and a half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a crack against North but just shits the bed once he gets it and has to dispose of it. Still progress, at least he didn't shirk the contact like he often does.

His kicking is completely over-rated on here though
Amazing how as soon as players form dips they absolutely wear it from fans about everything. Newman may not really be good enough, but he puts his head over the ball and cracks in hard.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our run home is still ridiculous. If we make the top 4, then it'll be well and truly deserved.

R18: Gold Coast @ SCG
R19: Essendon @ Etihad Stadium
R20: Collingwood @ SCG
R21: Melbourne @ MCG
R22: Greater Western Sydney @ Spotless Stadium
R23: Hawthorn @ SCG
We could go 6 from 6 I reckon.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only concerns are Collingwood and Hawks. No reason we can’t win at least 5 out of those 6 games.

Melbourne worry me away. Gawn is going to smack us in the middle.

Our 9 free kicks was the first time this season a side has received single digit free kicks. I’d like to see VFL360 do an investigation of this too.

We actually have the same w/l record of 2016 at this stage just a lot less percentage :p
We could have a crack at fixing that over the next six weeks, especially if we pick up 6 or 7% this week.

Edited: Sorry old quote included and removed.

I've often wondered if on game day, clubs have at least one staff member assigned to listening in to all the broadcasts of the game just in case the commentators say something the staff down on the ground are overlooking. Could be a match-winning point of difference in a close one.

So, on Sunday, with 3:55 on the clock, BT: "James Bartel, Swans are seven points down, just under 4 minutes to go, what have they got to do?"

Bartel: "Mix things up a bit. Try something different. Put Aliir up in the forward line."

1:53 on the clock: Defender Aliir kicks his first-ever AFL goal, to win the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back