Media Sweet F.A Surprise Packet of the Week

Remove this Banner Ad

7QzsFCF.png

Callums_Guns (MBD)​
Mooresome (DRA)​

Each week in Season 28, we here at TiFmedia will be keeping a keen eye across the competition, as we look to highlight some of the more underrated shining lights and hidden gems of the Sweet F.A, in a segment we call...

Sweet F.A Surprise Packet of the Week.

ROUND 1

195346.jpg

Callums_Guns
Mount Buller Demons

This week, we will be taking a closer look at second year Mount Buller Demons midfielder Callums_Guns.

After an equal 6th place finish in the EKA for Season 27, CG has certainly started off S28 with a bang, featuring heavily in the highly anticipated People’s Grand Final pre-season clash against the Warriors, as well as noticeably raising his media profile across the competition during the off season. He has just this week taken on the responsibility of the SFA tipping competition from his new skipper at the Dees, manangatang, and he has already been a major factor in the Dees clash with the Furies this week as he looks to build on what promises to be a breakout season for the young up and coming second year Demon.

We caught up with Callums_Guns over the weekend for a chat as we looked to delve deeper into what motivates him, and what has been the inspiration behind his ascent early in S28.

TiF: Congratulations Callums_Guns, you’re the first Sweet F.A Surprise Packet of the Week!

First things first, what’s your favourite flavour potato chip?

CG: Red Rock Sweet Chilli & Sour Cream, cooney's dog can't eat them so i feed him anyway, always gives him a interesting drive home after training.

TiF: You’ve made a great start to your second season in the competition Guns, you were busy in the 'People's Grand Final' pre-season match against us, you’ve taken over the Sweet FA Qooty tipping competition, and you’ve been a presence around the media to kick off Season 28. You look set for a breakout. What’s changed for you this season?

CG: 1st half of the season didn't know what was going on and once I did Yakker crumbled with winning, gave me the off/pre-season to work on my game with Jim, Tarks and manga.

TiF:
So you debuted last season with your current club the Demons. What brought you to the Sweet F.A?

CG: Yakker signed me up.

tenor.gif

Ex Demons skipper Yakker

TiF: Besides Yakk, who has been your biggest influence since joining the comp?

CG: A blend of DemonJim, AceAndy & TJASTA. Jim & Andy top of their game in DT scores and TJ is just a straight shooter.

TiF:
You seem to have a fascination with our beloved ruck darling of the Warriors, comewhatmay, talk us through that, what are you playing at? Is there a story behind it?

CG: There was a few things that needed to be sorted for positions at the Dee's in the pre-season with my frame i wasn't sure if i was ruck, in the guts or key forward, in the end I was put in the guts. Because of that bonding session between the 2 clubs i got paired up on the boat and the rest is history.

TiF:
Spell your skipper’s name.

CG: I just call him Tacko or manga, wouldn't even try spell it.

TiF:
Have you been fishing with Yakker yet?

CG: He tends to take the LG only i don't know why after what happened on their end of season trip together with manga giving him the nudge.

giphy.gif

(Editor's note: dramatic re-enactment of the Demons succession plan.)

TiF: When you went through _Cayz_ ’s drive thru, what did you order?

CG: The Lot.

TiF:
Who was the toughest nut to crack at your club, and why was it DemonJim?

CG: Gets a rough go in the votes so has become quite bitter, but does take responsibility to help others within the club. Has hit the bottle and drugs party supplies (edited) hard of late so do need to be careful when to approach. But we get along well and had quite a few big nights.

TiF:
If you were picking your own side from scratch, who would be the first player you would pick, and why?
CG: It would have to be Tarkyn_24 he always delivers, well except for 1 game.

TiF:
Who’s going to win the spoon?

CG: Hawks, needed to pick up another player or 2 to cover The Half Back.

TiF:
There’s been a big focus on names this off season, with some unique cats joining the league as rookies, not to mention some very high profile name changes by established stars of the game. Who's running the weirdest name going in the comp right now?

CG: Maybe the The Filth Wizard, too have a weird/odd name and to back it up on the park - hats off to him - will be watching him during the season.

TiF:
Well thanks Callums_Guns, you've made a ripping start to Season 28 and we here at TiFmedia are looking forward to following your career mate. Thank you for your time and congratulations on being the inaugural selection for TiFmedia's Surprise Packet of the Week. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Great read, and a great start to a promising career for Callums_Guns, can't wait for the future EKA curse to kick in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7QzsFCF.png

ROUND 2

177766.jpg

Mooresome
Dragons FFC

This week, we will be taking a closer look at lively Dragons FFC key forward Mooresome.

Since debuting in S23, Mooresome seems to have flown under the radar at the Dragons, sticking fat with the club as they've undergone several seasons of change. After a particularly quiet, challenging season away from the field in S27, under new leadership with second year star AceAndy & former captain Hatchy1992 taking the reigns from the retiring PhenomenalV1, the 62 game Dragon has taken his game to a whole new level early in S28. Having earned notoriety last week in former Dragons teammate The Half Back's 'multi of the week' for deftly and effectively neutralising Swamprats skipper Far Kern, the brash Mooresome continued his rich vein of form against the Warriors this week, forming a strong partnership with new skipper Ace as he looked to stamp himself on the contest. After a season in the wilderness, a new found confidence has gripped the centre half forward who seems to have found his groove this season, and despite a quiet start on the qooty field, he's making all the right noises off the field and across the competition. Looks set for a big season right when the Dragons were looking for someone to step up and grab the opportunity.

We caught up with Mooresome over the weekend for a chat as we looked to delve deeper into what motivates him, and what has been the inspiration behind his ascent early in S28.

TiF: First things first, what’s your favourite flavour potato chip?

Mooresome: Salt and Vinegar

TiF: You’ve made a great start to Season 28 under new skipper AceAndy, and appear to be answering the call right when your club is looking for players to step up and fill the void. You've been on the list for a few seasons now, but S28 looks like a breakout season for you. What’s changed for you this season?

Mooresome: The last year or so has been hectic for me, family issues and work commitments,family has been sorted out which leaves me more time to annoy all you lovely SFA people.

TiF:
You debuted back in S23 and have seen a fair bit of change in your time at the Dragons. What brought you to the Sweet F.A initially and what keeps you here?

Mooresome: A recruiting drive by ClarkeM on Collingwood forum, i missed playing that game but enjoyed a good laugh and chat. Even when i have had no time to banter i was still checking through Sfa for laughs, it is a great environment most days.

TiF: I'm going to have to cut you off there. Let's not pump up Clarkey's tyres too much.

giphy.gif

TiF: Who has been your biggest influence since joining the comp?

Mooresome: That's a tough one, over the seasons i have chatted with so many champions of qooty, initially it was Hate and Cammo, more recently our new Captain AceAndrew (doesn't like being called Andy) has sparked my taste for banter.

TiF:
You seem to enjoy a good multi post, having featured both weeks in Halfy's multi-post of the week. I think I had you in a multi myself this week. Do you enjoy being on the receiving end?

Mooresome: I'm pretty easy going although sometimes i seem a bit snappy, but its all fun to me. So yes bring it on.

TiF:
Did you listen to your skipper on the podcast last season?

Mooresome: No i missed that :disappointed:.

giphy.gif

AceAndy greets Mooresome back at the club after that brave admission...

TiF: Let's stay with AceAndy for a sec, he seems to be taking to the captaincy really well. I'm guessing he's asked a bit of you this season. Does he ask as many questions around the club as he does in the media?

Mooresome: No Ace is a champion fellow hasn't asked for anything from me other than encourage me to post and be a good boy (no nasty stuff).

TiF:
I was at your best and fairest last season, and to be honest, I don't think I've ever seen such an embarrassing display of public self-satisfaction by an individual in all my days. Tellingly, that man did not even win the award. Now that he's gone and he'll never found out about this, would you agree PhenomenalV1 was a bit of w***er?

Mooresome: I really never got to chat much with PhenomenalV1, so would be unfair of me to comment, yes he was a w***er though.

TiF:
While we're on the subject, when was the last time you saw Blaze Storm?

Mooresome: Rednesday, he was heading to Rhonda Birchmore's place with cammo6556.

TiF: If you were picking your own side from scratch, who would be the first player you would pick, and why?

Mooresome: Why AceAndrew of course, he is a superstar.

TiF:
Who’s going to win the spoon?

Mooresome: I think the qooty gods have it in for the Gumbies atm.

TiF:
This week, most of the drama has centered around interpretations of rules, team sheets and decoding binary code. Fun stuff. If you could change one thing about the Sweet FA, what would you change?

Mooresome: I wouldn't change the game at all love it as it is.

TiF:
Well thanks Mooresome, you've started off Season 28 with a bang, and we here at TiFmedia are looking forward to following your breakout season mate. Thank you for your time and congratulations on being the TiFmedia Surprise Packet of the Week. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

TiF: Well thanks Mooresome, you've started off Season 28 with a bang, and we here at TiFmedia are looking forward to following your breakout season mate. Thank you for your time and congratulations on being the TiFmedia Surprise Packet of the Week. :thumbsu:
Very honoured to receive this TIF ,thank you for the time and effort mate.

Someone having a laugh with this guy? He can't kick straight... Totally useless and is never in the match threads (I wonder why).

Can we have a recount please... !!! I mean this is just a joke. I mean Mooresome let's have some clarity here!!!
Now now jealousy does not suit you. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back