Autopsy Sydney vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone pointed out a few weeks ago(?) that at one of the games they heard the umpires say they need to be on the lookout because the swans are playing aggressive or something along the lines of that. So it is pretty obvious that the Umpires have a special eye out for any signs of aggression from our players.

We are aggressive as a team....s**t, could have fooled me. Then again that ain't hard.

Mills is cocky as ****. Mouths off to opposition like he has played 300 games. To be honest I don't mind it as although he is down on last year he has the class to back his mouth up. I would say he again brought some unwanted attention to himself on the weekend through some of his gobbing off but totally unaccepetable by team mates not to back him.

Yeh he is like Ballantyne in a way. I love it.

Let's face it though as Punts said we don't fly the flag and ever since "that game" beating the crap out of us as a valid tactic works. No surprise to see a ex-Hawk coach tell his players to get stuck into us. He has lived experience of the joy that brings.

We are aggressive as a team....s**t, could have fooled me. Then again that ain't hard.
That's sort of my point though we are not aggressive at all so I don't know why the instruction to keep an eye out for that has been given. But it doesn't help because if we do retaliate then soft free kicks, actually let me rephrase that, non-existent free kicks are given to the opposition.

I felt that, too.

But you know what, Ive always believed you need to actually give the crowd something to get something. For 4 mins the crowd was up and about. Then the Swans just stopped playing for an hour. For an HOUR. The absence of a competitive contest just struck us all dumb.

Weirdest atmosphere i ever remember was a game in the 90's vs Freo. Skills were deplorable from both teams. Far worse than anything we've seen this year. It was an incredible vibe. There was a tittering throughout the crowd. We were actually laughing at both teams. 30k people sfellowing.

So come on Heeney. Give us something to cheer please. No more sfellowing from the stands please.

Mate Heeney was talking about his teammates being quiet on the field, not the crowd.

Mate Heeney was talking about his teammates being quiet on the field, not the crowd.

Fair enough didn't see it.

I was talking about the SCG game anyway. Didn't change the fact it was pin drop material in the stands. So I'll stick by my post. :thumbsu:

That's sort of my point though we are not aggressive at all so I don't know why the instruction to keep an eye out for that has been given. But it doesn't help because if we do retaliate then soft free kicks, actually let me rephrase that, non-existent free kicks are given to the opposition.

Agree with you 100% . Hype about Mills getting bullied I get. It also but fails to mention soft reversal of free against Jones for retaliation. Fails to mention soft free to silvani by franklin at the beginning of the game ( ok it kind of was there). When you are behind in the game the last thing you need is an unnecessary free.

We have been a disciplined clean team for last couple of years and let our footy do the talking. Unsociable footy has not been our style. There is no reward for that except respect . Especially when you are winning games- like we used to. These Melbourne flogs fail to recognize that.

https://www.9now.com.au/footy-classified/2017/clip-cj26rgac3000c0ir2v30q557w/?ocid=aflfsfb

I suspect things will change this week and any that bullying nonsense will probably be met with retribution. Pity it will not be against a Melbourne team. ( forever the optimist)

Franklin rightly had a free paid against him for his push to Silvagni's face. Now I agree that the Swans players' response was poor but why are Carlton players allowed a full 8 seconds to get off a tackled player after the whistle has been blown for a ball up?

It's been a busy week so I haven't had a chance to watch the replay of the game until last night.
Main thing I picked up is how noticeable it is that players have gone into self preservation mode.
The care factor for their team mates was there early in the game but the opposition is really starting to exploit us in this area & are being instructed to put the foot on our throats & inflict maximum pain mentally. It's working a treat & not only on the day but for the next time we play them.

Two incidents in particular over the last two weeks have me concerned & both involving Mills.
The one against GWS prior to walking off the ground at half time where Mills addressed the group while the actual experienced leaders stood by & watched & the other/s against Carlton where he was clearly targeted by the Blues as a player to go after & they hammered him with the 3 on one tackle where a couple of our experienced leaders stood by & watched.

Very alarming & not something that we can get out of easily & we certainly won't by just talking it up in the media.

I'm very sure the new glasses will get us back on track!:rolleyes:
Well they should shield them from the lime light in these interesting times anyway!
Come on Bloods!
Just do the talking on the field as we've done for 20 years!

It's been a busy week so I haven't had a chance to watch the replay of the game until last night.
Main thing I picked up is how noticeable it is that players have gone into self preservation mode.
The care factor for their team mates was there early in the game but the opposition is really starting to exploit us in this area & are being instructed to put the foot on our throats & inflict maximum pain mentally. It's working a treat & not only on the day but for the next time we play them.

Two incidents in particular over the last two weeks have me concerned & both involving Mills.
The one against GWS prior to walking off the ground at half time where Mills addressed the group while the actual experienced leaders stood by & watched & the other/s against Carlton where he was clearly targeted by the Blues as a player to go after & they hammered him with the 3 on one tackle where a couple of our experienced leaders stood by & watched.

Very alarming & not something that we can get out of easily & we certainly won't by just talking it up in the media.

Well they should shield them from the lime light in these interesting times anyway!
Come on Bloods!

Like Heeney said its very weird out there on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Bloods!
Saw the glasses thing. Kudos to the swans for hijacking a shipment meant for the umpires!!

I have picked the perfect season to be living out of a backpack on the other side of the world! Viva la Mexico

It's always the perfect season for living out of a backpack. Enjoy. Oz will always be there. PM me if you're having trouble getting hold of full games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back