Autopsy Sydney vs Port Adelaide. Things you learnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Would've been nice to finish it off but you can't complain with a 60+ point win. A lot of the stars were good and the usual kids were impressive, but good to see Lloyd & Rohan playing consistently well this year, but Cunningham has been better lately also, Towers too etc...these it's these mid tier players who are still relatively young in age but have played enough games that will be very important to get up and going up in finals (we can't just rely on the stars and expect all the kids will adjust to the tempo).

2. Moving the ball much better into the forward line last couple of weeks, still a few too many sloppy ones...but that ain't going away anytime soon. One problem though, a lot of the time when we do get it right, so many of our forwards nearly take good marks as well as drop a few too many simple ones...we really do need Tippett back for finals, we need someone who can clunk them because it will be costly against the better sides.

3. Worth throwing XR another 1 year contract, showing a bit as a forward, not a contested marking target but could be a good lead up 3rd tall. Be very interesting to see how he would go after actually spending a preseason actually training in that area.

xr looks very clean. a little slow with decision making but definately deserves another deal

1. How good is our defence. Best in the league. Grundy and Rampe should be AA this year. Aliir Aliir is composed and athletic
2. Toby Nankervis and Sam Naismith, take a bow, outstanding ruck work today
3. Luke Parker shouldering the load to help out JPK in the middle, great stuff
4. Was just hoping Gary Rohan wouldn't ping a hamstring, they left him on for a long time
5. Big wrap to the TV commentary team today, knowledgeable, informative and unintrusive - Jason Bennett, Mark Soderstrom, Jude Bolton and Tim Watson. Can they do all our games please!

Players are gaining trust in Aliir, it even seemed a plan early on to go through Aliir across half back. He is a very exciting prospect. He pushed he ball to advantage and cruises away from a player but looks average paced until you look at the guy flogging himself trying to catch him.

Naismith is quite a find for us. Is a genuine tap ruck and will allow a more attacking mindset at centre bounces in particular. Will allow Tippett to move forward upon his return.

I learnt that we are gearing up nicely for finals footy. We just need a bit of luck re injury for here on.

1. Excellent first half. 3rd quarter we got pretty wasteful in front of goal and 4th quarter we just ran out of steam. Not too surprising considering we were coming off a 6 day break, Perth Trip and also had 2 really proppy forwards. wWe were spent.
2. Aliir really has the potential to be something. Just impresses each time
3. Heeney has really come on since being moved to the midfield in the 2nd half of the Blues game. He and Rohan are the ultimate X-factors who will have a huge say on how deep we go in September
4. In the words of Dory "Just Keep Winning" "Just Keep Winning"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what has kept aliir out of the side for so long... his skills are deceptively good and he is a very smart player.

i reckon i have to get his jumper now

What will he wear

1. How good is our defence. Best in the league. Grundy and Rampe should be AA this year. Aliir Aliir is composed and athletic
2. Toby Nankervis and Sam Naismith, take a bow, outstanding ruck work today
3. Luke Parker shouldering the load to help out JPK in the middle, great stuff
4. Was just hoping Gary Rohan wouldn't ping a hamstring, they left him on for a long time
5. Big wrap to the TV commentary team today, knowledgeable, informative and unintrusive - Jason Bennett, Mark Soderstrom, Jude Bolton and Tim Watson. Can they do all our games please!

Timmy Watson always comes across as having a lot of respect for our club. Enjoyed listening to the rest of the team too.

Disappointing last quarter but off a six day break coming back from Perth I think we can overlook that.:)

Looking a seriously good unit ATM. Parker back to his best, as is Isaac, AA, big Sam, midfield dominating, and as if we didn't have the best back line in the comp before AA came along. It's gone to another level. Jake Lloyd career high possessions, Dean Towers winning heaps of hard ball and mostly using it well.

On top of that the Dorks lose.

Go Bloods!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I wonder what has kept aliir out of the side for so long... his skills are deceptively good and he is a very smart player.

i reckon i have to get his jumper now
Aliir is one of those players who seems to rise to the level he plays at. Even in the reserves earlier this year he was never this impressive across the whole game. Sure he would do something really good in one play but would negate it with a clanger a few minutes later

At the moment he is playing with a consistency and composure that we have not seen in the NEAFL for any extended period of time

Put the cue in the rack pretty early and would have liked to see Rohan and Cunningham rested earlier so as not to aggravate or cause other issues.
2nd and a good chance of going 1st in the next 2 rounds. Just a shame that greater waste of space won, would have been clear 2nd.

on a side note, Squiggles has the Swans as 2nd faves for the flag now.

Only four minutes into the second half we had scored 82 points, by the end of the game we had only added another 18 points. Adelaide have just belted Brisbane by over 130 points and are now only 3% behind us on the ladder. While I applaud the Swans for the big win and, yes, we have the four points, their long running inability to be totally ruthless and destroy a team continues to p*ss me off.

Only four minutes into the second half we had scored 82 points, by the end of the game we had only added another 18 points. Adelaide have just belted Brisbane by over 130 points and are now only 3% behind us on the ladder. While I applaud the Swans for the big win and, yes, we have the four points, their long running inability to be totally ruthless and destroy a team continues to p*ss me off.

Brisbane were on a whole different planet of shitness tonight tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back