Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never really worried about hypothetical trades in the past, but this year I’m firing🔥🔥🔥 up my old Nintendo Wii and thinking of some really funky trades.
burnit-playstation-gif.1020194

Would people be happy with pick 4 and future 1st for Luko and Rankine. I would be. Makes us instantly better.

It's a good question.

It's what we'd have to pay. But it's probably a bit much based on Rankine's output so far. I think he will still be a gun in an SA team.

I'd be tempted.

Probably say the same about Rankine.

I would back us to get both Luko and Rankine playing at a level they were destined for.

We are not there yet as a Club, but we are changing into a much better football club.
Maybe.

I just don't think Rankine has played that well and has been disappointing in a different way.

Would people be happy with pick 4 and future 1st for Luko and Rankine. I would be. Makes us instantly better.
Nah. I don’t think / hope we don’t have a pick this high for a long time.

2021 get elite mid and Dawson
2022 use 2022 first and 2023 first to get Rankosius

Nah. I don’t think / hope we don’t have a pick this high for a long time.

2021 get elite mid and Dawson
2022 use 2022 first and 2023 first to get Rankosius
If Rankosius are planing to return home to SA in 2022, I can only imagine the kind of laid back seasons they will have with the Suns.

Its a summer resort up there. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe when Smith was first appointed to the leadership group

Honestly it's not hard.....

There are people on this board that just can't wait to find reason to trip other up.....

Wow

What a great board this has become, holding uo some real good standards here

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate, I'm not someone who goes around here trying to trip people up. I tried to search for what you said on Google and came up short. You said it would be easy to find, I wasn't able to find it.

Disappointing yes, but has shown he can be elite.

I see Rankine as a cheap get at the moment, down on form but has shown he can be absolutely elite. Get him in the right head space and environment and I think we see just how good he can be. I hope his form stays as average so we don't give up too much to get him!

We have a massive need for a small forward and although Rankine has a poor year, at the right price I would roll the dice and back in his talent in a change of environment, especially if someone like Burgess getting the conditioning into him....

Luko, great skills but I'm not a fan of his bruise free style of game, I think he can squib a contest and with Dawson in im not sure that he is a need.

Mate, I'm not someone who goes around here trying to trip people up. I tried to search for what you said on Google and came up short. You said it would be easy to find, I wasn't able to find it.
Sorry mate, that wasn't my intent to label you that way..... my apology

I recall watching a video with Nicks last year after Smith was announced in the leadership group, Nicks was sharing that their Is no better player at the club then building rapport and connecting with every player no matter Ge group, or time at the club

At times in other pressers he has touched on this.....

The AFC media released this in early last season.

There is also a video of Nicks announcing the leadership group members to the broader group and makes the same statement about this quality that Smith has with the group.

We see this quality also validated through Smith's interviews with the players

Again, my apology that comment wasn't aimed at you......

Trading future firsts is suicide
Typically clubs that do so are at the top end of the table so it just takes a wrong step or two for it to look terrible. A club like ourselves towards the bottom end, if we wanted to back ourselves into playing well then a team might think they're getting a better bargain than they do.

If we get a piece we think we can build around for the next 10 years then I'm not against it. Even with a top pick like 4, by the time you get all these academy, father son picks it's already dropped a couple and you would hope next year we move up the ladder a bit so the pick likely drops further.

If we saw Horne-Francis as a blue chip midfielder that is a class above the rest then I'll back them in but I doubt we do it and I also doubt North would be willing to give a player up like that as they would probably see the same potential/upside.

I have written it here before, I think that if we could get Rankine back here in front of an adoring fan base and most importantly family and friends he would flourish. Nicks would bring the best out of him and he would immediately be our most dangerous small forward by a long stretch. Also has the skills to pinch hit in the middle to mix things up - would love to see him in our jumper!

Not pick 4 and a future first. Insane.

Based on this year, Rankine isn't worth a first round pick. He is severely lacking in confidence, and that's saying something. A highly rated junior with a handful of good AFL displays. Wait until he is out of contract and leverage the "go-home factor". As it stands, I'm not sure Rankine is a good fit. Hopefully he proves me wrong next season, I'd love to see him thrive.

I think Lukosius would be a perfect replacement for Lynch, so perhaps you pay over to fill a hole and bring in homegrown talent.

On SM-G9600 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rankine ticks both the need and the talent boxes. We desperately need a small forward as the thought of Rowe and Murphy makes me feel physically ill, and he also has talent by the bucketload.

I think we'd be mad not to at least ask the question.

Surely you are joking? The crows are never doing that deal anyway. Rankine would be lucky to be worth a 2nd rounder and Luko would be an early 2nd rounder at best. Rankine can't even get a game at the minute and what has Luko done to warrant this praise? His junior form from 5 years ago? Draft position means nothing if it's not backed up after 3 years on field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back