Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both barely played last year anyway, I feel its the right move for the club to start playing the younger mids in their place.

While that is true you only need a bad run with injuries and we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I really thought we'd keep one of Howlett or Bird.

Says to me we want to fast track guys like Mutch and Clarke in the guts in the VFL and fully commit to Langford and Laverde becoming mids at AFL level.

We may have also done our research on who clubs will be taking in this draft and we are confident on a good inside mid sliding like a Worpel or Mynott.

Don't be surprised to see a DFA

Only reason I can see why they are keeping Jerret on the list is to try and keep Zach happy.

Good on him for getting onto a list and everything, but I've never seen a poorer footballer stay on a list for 6+ seasons. It's not making sense.

Could be wrong, but I don't think he even got top 10 in the VFL B&F.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While that is true you only need a bad run with injuries and we will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I really thought we'd keep one of Howlett or Bird.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, playing a Langford/Mutch over a Howlett/Bird isn't going to cost us a game.

Watson really is the only regular (at least, 2017 regular) midfielder who won't be there next year.

In comes Smith and McGrath, and maybe some Stringer.

While our midfield 'depth' isn't exactly of the highest quality, there's a fair bit of it.

If we dumped Long in favour of Morgan I would be ropeable. Long shits on him from a great height and has done so for 2 years.

Basketball jokes for the good!!

free-throw-airball-terrible-basketball-shots.gif

List average age is now 23.8.

Oldest 6 in our best 22: Hooker = 29, Hurley = 27, Bellchambers = 28, Goddard = 32, Baguley = 30, Myers = 28.

Premiership required within 3 years; think we need Hooker for it.

EDIT: 23.8 but we recruited two 23 year olds, a 24 year old, and will recruit 2-3 18-19 year olds.

From one of the oldest to one of the youngest in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back