List Mgmt. Team 2014 (out: BJ, DJ, AD, AK, JR, DT, HS, JP, CG; in: JW, Adams, PK, Armstr, 6, 10, 67, Dwyer, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

mate, it was the best offer put forward to me by BF and the mod squad.

Thanks a million to yourself 76Woody.

Wouldn't have been made possible without your help. :thumbsu:

No worries.

Truth be told we pinched the idea from the Hawks board - they were offering Buddy name changes. Thought we'd get a piece of that action for ourselves :p

Just glad somebody took us up on it :thumbsu:

wait I'm confused.

Well, it's like this ...

Goldsack is a versatile player.
Maxwell is on his last legs.
We picked up #6 and #44 for #11, #31 and #49
We spent #44 on White
We swap Shaw for Adams.
Karnezis gets picked up with #67

Does that clear things up? :)

Well, it's like this ...

We spent #44 on White
We swap Shaw for Adams.

Nah the username thing :p

Well, it's like this ...

We spent #44 on White
We swap Shaw for Adams.

Plus, Dale Thomas is dead to us. :)

The club obviously reckons he's worth more than the second round rookie draft pick we'd get if we delisted him. (Last year our second round rookie draft was Dwyer, so that's saying something :p)

I'd describe him more as next generation full back to take over from Brown.

Yeah, can't see him playing 20+ games next season.

Agree, we can't rely on him yet.

He's very much a "Jack of all trades, master of none" player, probably the most versatile on our list.

Frost looks maybe better to me than that, I think he does have promise, but I am prepared to be wrong. With Hartley gone, and Gault I think never going to be a backman, though, we need him as depth now and if he doesnt come on we need a replacement soon. Last two seasons our tall back stocks have been decimated, and chances are we will still need him this season. I'm still not convinced on Reid's longevity, his propensity for leg injuries is a serious worry.

I still see the best setup as brown and keefe in the two key back roles, with reid doing Maxwell's role.

Oxley is in some ways the one I am most interested in, he surprised me, will be interested if he can bulk up more without losing mobility he could be a very interesting prospect.

Goldsack kind of reminds me a bit too much of the curse of crap 90's English cricket sides, the decent fielding medium paced allrounder who batted 8, could sort of keep it tidy for 10 overs in a days play and patrol the covers. Their supposed versatility kind of masked the fact they really werent good enough to impact but could mask other deficiencies enough to get by. See Ealham, Irani, Hollioake.

He mainly brings very ordinary football to the team and a propensity for clangers... most supporters don't like this. He frustrates me.. just never improved and is at the same level basically since he made his debut.

He brings versatility to my mind and is one of the most defensive players on the list.

You'll have to enlighten me on the clangers as I've never seen this as an issue in his game.

He can't defend.. is fumbly and too easily beaten 1v1 and useless in the air for his height. His one solid year of afl Footy in 2012 was played as a forward but his inability to make and stick tackles was a big issue and still is. He is good at chasing and harassing... I'll give him that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can't defend.. is fumbly and too easily beaten 1v1 and useless in the air for his height. His one solid year of afl Footy in 2012 was played as a forward but his inability to make and stick tackles was a big issue and still is. He is good at chasing and harassing... I'll give him that.

None of that really rings true to me, especially the 1 V 1 comment.

He's no world beater but I think effectively negates an opponent when given a role.

He brings versatility to my mind and is one of the most defensive players on the list.

You'll have to enlighten me on the clangers as I've never seen this as an issue in his game.

I think the clangers are usually a reference to the torps and long balls he is fond of out of defense.

Goldsack is an excellent 1v1 player. Very rarely beaten. I agree he can be fumbly. Another player I find hard to place in the scheme of things. I don't see him as best 22 but he is certainly quality depth.

What does he bring?

The ability to spoil a tall, small or medium when needed, to take a mark as a 3rd tall, to lock the ball in in the forward 50 when in his vicinity, to bring a man to ground when he tackles, to roost the ball a long way or to hit shorter targets and to be depended upon to beat whoever he is matched on in a role.

How does that sound?

What do you bring to the forum beside that negating Corrie role?

The ability to spoil a tall, small or medium when needed, to take a mark as a 3rd tall, to lock the ball in in the forward 50 when in his vicinity, to bring a man to ground when he tackles, to roost the ball a long way or to hit shorter targets and to be depended upon to beat whoever he is matched on in a role.

How does that sound?

How do we get Goldsack more involved in the game? Could he potentially take on Nick Maxwells role of loose man in defence who I think isn't as productive as he was once was?

How does that sound?

Liked for last sentence.

GWS should do a swap for swap with us now after this new deal, unless they are still greedy after this new player poach. After getting the ruck they wanted, shaw to choose them as the bp/hbf they wanted and now this first round pick small fwd-mid who is 21 http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...iants-as-pies-snare-white-20131021-2vx6p.html
ps, ill call it Adams joins pies today as my nephew just spewd baby milk on my new orange ktm so it's a sign ;-)

GWS should do a swap for swap with us now after this new deal, unless they are still greedy after this new player poach. After getting the ruckman they wanted, shaw to choose them as the backman they wanted and now this first round pick small fwd-mid who is 21 http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...iants-as-pies-snare-white-20131021-2vx6p.html

where does this talk that GWS are greedy come from?

Talking to Hine he says GWS have been good to deal with and they have been really busy lately which is why this deal hasn't been done yet and the deal will be done soon

How does that sound?

That's the only part I would question as he has proven inconsistent with his kicking from the backline, which is why I thought he could be more productive for us as a forward.
Also, love the negating Corrie role comment - choice! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back