Preview Team Thursday

Remove this Banner Ad

PykeDream

Only the Betts
Sep 2, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
ScreenShot2012-04-26at43241PM.png

Otten on the extended bench and Lynch nowhere to be seen s**** me. Whats a ranga got to do? And hasn't Daniel Stewart been playing like an A grade spud? Surely they'd want Redden if Jacobs/McKernan/Tippett are playing.

Well I am p----d with bloody McKernan still in and no room for Lynch .
This Lynch thing is a real disgrace do we go from 1 pig headed coach to another.
Or maybe listening to someone like Bickley too much
Plus we can all get excited about Lyons in but will be left out of 22 .

Well I am p----d with bloody McKernan still in and no room for Lynch .
This Lynch thing is a real disgrace do we go from 1 pig headed coach to another.
Or maybe listening to someone like Bickley too much
Plus we can all get excited about Lyons in but will be left out of 22 .

Lynch is not a ruckman. Sando wants Tipp to play Forward all game so its Smack or Jenkins. Cant have Walker, Porps, Tippett and a second ruck AND Lynch thats why he is out.

I think Shaun needs a few games in a row. Hope he gets them.

If it is dry, I would play Mckernan... Renouf is the worlds biggest spub... We need to take full advantage... I can not believe Redden isnt on the extended bench... Also surprised Megahead isnt back

Well, they did bring McKernan in to experiment with that setup last week, perhaps they decided the rain wrote the experiment off and to give it another try this week?

Otherwise, much as expected really, though Callinan is fit faster than I thought. Emergencies... Henderson, Jaensch and Lyons are the last three on the bench, and the only ones in alphabetical order? :tinfoil:

Fail to see what Otten did to earn a recall.

Lynch is not a ruckman. Sando wants Tipp to play Forward all game so its Smack or Jenkins. Cant have Walker, Porps, Tippett and a second ruck AND Lynch thats why he is out.

I think Shaun needs a few games in a row. Hope he gets them.
Ok Palladin I know the basic logic that Lynch got dropped on but dont agree .
Lynch did a lot better than a lot of players in squad with limited opportunity that he had as a sub .
You seriously trying to tell me he has performed worse than Petrenko -- Wright -- and not saying should drop them -- Porps an MacKay and least he knows how to get a goal and out of nothing.
But then he can play defence where we have Otten -- Doughty -- Jaensch --Martin etc etc not setting world on fire in squad.
Sorry we traded etc to strengthen our squad and we only give two Lynch and Kerridge a opportunity all be it off the sub bench and Kerridge dropped after struggling like 18--20 others against Hawks and Lynch does the job and gets cut.
So how are we going to climb up the ladder using same squad had in 2011 and boy that was successful and just change of coach is going to be a magic wand.
Seriously those that keep believing that McKernan is going to be a top player for us must be looking forward to sitting on Santas knee at Christmas

Ok Palladin I know the basic logic that Lynch got dropped on but dont agree .
Lynch did a lot better than a lot of players in squad with limited opportunity that he had as a sub .
You seriously trying to tell me he has performed worse than Petrenko -- Wright -- and not saying should drop them -- Porps an MacKay and least he knows how to get a goal and out of nothing.
Paladin's right - Lynch is fighting with Tippett, Walker and the 2nd ruckman for a spot in the team - not those other guys.

But then he can play defence where we have Otten -- Doughty -- Jaensch --Martin etc etc not setting world on fire in squad.
Has he played any footy in defence for us this season? Did the Saints let him go in the same season they lost Dawson?

Seriously those that keep believing that McKernan is going to be a top player for us must be looking forward to sitting on Santas knee at Christmas
He's been on the list for several years but I still don't know what to make of McKernan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Sam Shaw, Ben Rutten, Graham Johncock

HB: Michael Doughty, Daniel Talia, Brent Reilly

C: David Mackay, Scott Thompson, Brodie Smith

HF: Ian Callinan, Taylor Walker, Matt Wright

F: Patrick Dangerfield, Kurt Tippett, Jason Porplyzia

FOLL: Sam Jacobs, Rory Sloane, Nathan van Berlo

INT: Rick Henderson, Matt Jaensch, Jarryd Lyons, Brodie Martin, Shaun McKernan, Andy Otten, Jared Petrenko

INS: Callinan, Johncock, Lyons, Otten

OUT: Vince (hand)[/quote]

We can assume that from the interchange bench Henderson is in and Otten is out. McKernon is a probable if they go for 3 talls, and Petrenko if fit. That leaves one of either Lyons, Matin or Jaensch (assuming Pet's and Callinan are fit). Thats how I see it at this stage.

Lynch to replace Wright, Porps or Mackay :confused: ....

If the club was going to not continue the ruck experiment by going with McKernan ......then Lynch would have been named.

Lynch played last season in VFL mainly as a defender and would have played well enough for us to trade for him.

That said can't see Lynch taking Shaw's spot BUT could see Otten becoming the "Darling" of the Adelaide forward line

Clubs are playing taller .......we saw Hawthorn struggle with a small defense against West Coast,
McKernan can play back & Forward easily ....now that's potential the club has to be patient with

Would love to see Lyons, but with Callinan named on the ground, changes look like being Stiffy and Callinan for Smack and Bernie. Only way Lyons comes in is if Pets doesn't come up I reckon. I hope he isn't because he deserves to start, but I reckon Hendo will be sub again.

Callinan is a forward / relief midfielder .......no way will they replace Vince with Callinan IMO

Smack IMO will Play for reasons i have already outlined plus he's option "B" if Butcher & Stewart both play forward becomes a problem and playing as a forward probably keeps Trengove out on the ground as the

Unfortunately since he played ok but Martin out for Johncock

Henderson in for Jaensch

So for what it's worth
OUT: Jeansch, Martin & Otten

Callinan is a forward / relief midfielder .......no way will they replace Vince with Callinan IMO

Smack IMO will Play for reasons i have already outlined plus he's option "B" if Butcher & Stewart both play forward becomes a problem and playing as a forward probably keeps Trengove out on the ground as the

Unfortunately since he played ok but Martin out for Johncock

Henderson in for Jaensch

So for what it's worth
OUT: Jeansch, Martin & Otten
Hendo played last week.... and I really can't see Mckernan playing. We also don't lose much with the Vince for Callinan selection (Sloaney, VB, Danger, Smith and the Porpoise), although it would help if Dougy was fit. There really isn't anyone else besides Lyons in those ins who fits the Vince role, and Callinan is named on the field so he will play.

Likely bench: Hendo, Martin, Pets/Lyons, Jaensch/Mckernan

What is Jenkins form like with Sturt?

Lynch to replace Wright, Porps or Mackay :confused: ....

If the club was going to not continue the ruck experiment by going with McKernan ......then Lynch would have been named.

Lynch played last season in VFL mainly as a defender and would have played well enough for us to trade for him.

That said can't see Lynch taking Shaw's spot BUT could see Otten becoming the "Darling" of the Adelaide forward line

Clubs are playing taller .......we saw Hawthorn struggle with a small defense against West Coast,
McKernan can play back & Forward easily ....now that's potential the club has to be patient with
Not only confused by WW regarding Lynch one minute a tall cant have too many talls up forward then need McKernan to play in defence to combat talls
indicating that Lynch would not be able to do.
A player coming into a team is not always a direct replacement of whom is being dropped.
And I would not drop Porps but actually they are both play the same type of game even though different in size

Hendo played last week.... and I really can't see Mckernan playing. We also don't lose much with the Vince for Callinan selection (Sloaney, VB, Danger, Smith and the Porpoise), although it would help if Dougy was fit. There really isn't anyone else besides Lyons in those ins who fits the Vince role, and Callinan is named on the field so he will play.

Port have Butcher, Shultz, Trengove, Stewart as talls

Carlisle on Walker
Trengove on Tippett
Butcher on Shaw

but the wild card is if Daniel Stewart, who i think has a lot of potential, plays .....either he becomes the extra tall or he plays CHF and frees up Westoff.
We need McKernan as the extra Tall IMO

Don't think we should weaken the midfield by replacing a full time midfielder with a part timer in Callinan

so who are your outs??

Not only confused by WW regarding Lynch one minute a tall cant have too many talls up forward then need McKernan to play in defence to combat talls
indicating that Lynch would not be able to do.

A player coming into a team is not always a direct replacement of whom is being dropped.
And I would not drop Porps but actually they are both play the same type of game even though different in size

Sorry if i haven't explained it ......yes Lynch can play the forward & Defense roles ....but he can't play the 2nd ruck role to have Tippett as full time FF

That's the main variance in strategy

Do you think Sando wants Tippett in the forward line?
Do you think he wants a second ruck?

Then Smack will play. Jaensch, Petrenko or Martin to miss along with Otten and Lyons. Not sure who i would leave out of those 3.

Sorry if i haven't explained it ......yes Lynch can play the forward & Defense roles ....but he can't play the 2nd ruck role to have Tippett as full time FF

That's the main variance in strategy
Yes I do understand but feel we are all clutching at straws if think McKernan is going to perform in pressure showdown game.
If so desperate to leave Tippett up fwd whole game which I understand then Jenkins would provide a more competitive option in ruck or in D or up Fwd.
But still say even with extra ruck in team that Lynch not only has earned a position but would add a lot to our team mix to go forward or add some strength to our defence.
All right for poster to sayLynch did not make Saints team over last few years there are many players in our team that would not have

All right for poster to say Lynch did not make Saints team over last few years, there are many players in our team that would not have

Ross Lying wouldn't have permitted any of our players under 25 to get a game.

Hmmmm.

Can we play Petrenko, Wright, Porps and Callinan in the same side?

What about Walker, Tippett and McKernan?

Once again we've got Reilly, Johncock, Doughty and Jaensch named, as well as Martin.

McKernan, Hendo and Otten on the extended bench, and one of our midfielders (Vince) is out.

I'll be a rebel and rest Petrenko (if Callinan is fit) and cut Otten and Mackay from the side. Lyons can play as an inside or outside mid which makes him a more suitable replacement for Bernie. I'd like to see Martin given a go on the wing (or possibly Petrenko) and Jaensch as the sub to come on just after half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back