Preview Team vs North (IN: Fletch, Gus, Cram, Hibb, Lee | OUT: Slatts, Winders, Pears, Hooker, Howlett)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon

B: Jake Melksham, Dustin Fletcher, Michael Hibberd
HB: Mark Baguley, Jake Carlisle, Alex Browne
C: Kyle Hardingham, Jobe Watson, Courtenay Dempsey
HF: Alwyn Davey, Michael Hurley, Leroy Jetta
F: Sam Lonergan, Scott Gumbleton, Stewart Crameri
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Dyson Heppell, Heath Hocking
I/C: David Hille, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Angus Monfries, Henry Slattery, Cale Hooker, Travis Colyer, Brendan Lee

In: Dustin Fletcher, David Hille, Angus Monfries, Stewart Crameri, Michael Hibberd, Brendan Lee
Out: Jason Winderlich (Hamstring), Tayte Pears, Ben Howlett (Hamstring)

New: Brendan Lee (East Perth/Towns Junior)

Essendon

I/C: David Hille, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Angus Monfries, Henry Slattery, Cale Hooker, Travis Colyer, Brendan Lee

In: Dustin Fletcher, David Hille, Angus Monfries, Stewart Crameri, Michael Hibberd, Brendan Lee

Only three? Interesting.

IN: Fletcher, Lee, Crameri

Hille and Slatts won't play, can't pick the last one. Gonna guess Colyer, although that would be disappointing.

Hille and Slatts won't play, can't pick the last one. Gonna guess Colyer, although that would be disappointing.
Thought of the same thing.
Really hope Lee can debut.

at a guess i'd go
IN: fletch, stew, lee, hibbs
OUT: Pears, licka, howlett, slattery.

the other change i could possibly see made is browne/colyer out for monfries, but I would be against that.

Wow Pears gets the axe already.. really have a bad feeling about him being put on the trade table, hope no one puts in a decent bid!

And Melky as a back pocket? Have we tried that already..? Anything to keep him in the side right? :p

Dat forward line.. would not mind at all if Monfries needed an extra week's break.
Imagine when Jobe goes down there for a rest and the 3 big blokes are still on, 4 talls! Its the future of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty surprised Stanton and Ryder weren't named. I thought they were a real chance of playing. Either way you guys have some pretty good ins, Crameri in particular so I think it's gonna be a pretty tough game if you guys bring the same tenacity as you did last week against the crows.

Think Hille, Slats & Colyer might miss the final 22 and they will line up a little more like this;-

Hooker Fletch Hardingham
Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey
Melksham Lonergan Heppell
Monfries Hurley Jetta
Crameri Gumby Davey

T.Bell Watson Hocking

Bench from: Browne NLM Baguley
SUB: Lee

Think Hille, Slats & Colyer might miss the final 22 and they will line up a little more like this;-

Hooker Fletch Hardingham
Hibberd Carlisle Dempsey
Melksham Lonergan Heppell
Monfries Hurley Jetta
Crameri Gumby Davey

T.Bell Watson Hocking

Bench from: Browne NLM Baguley
SUB: Lee

I reckon this is pretty spot on. :thumbsu:

Can't wait to see Hurls, Gumby and Crammers in the same forward line.

Dat forward line.. would not mind at all if Monfries needed an extra week's break.
Imagine when Jobe goes down there for a rest and the 3 big blokes are still on, 4 talls! Its the future of footy.

We say this everytime when have lots of talls (Just bomb it in long their defenders have no chance!!!!1111oneoneeone) , but what ends up happening is the opposition just rebound out of our 50 at will.

Will be interesting to see how it goes this week, the argument being that Gumby, Hurley, Crameri are pretty mobile.

Bit disappointed that Pears is out. I know he wasn't great last week but I would have thought we could try and get a little more time in him to see whether any improvement was likely to be made. I would rather have him in the side at 75% of his previous form and adjusting to the AFL standard as opposed to playing at Bendigo and not improving.

I don't see the point of bringing Hille in. Bellchambers more than held his own against arguably the most in-form ruckman in the comp last week over the course of nearly 100 stoppages. With Hurley, Gumbleton and Crameri all in the forward line, it just doesn't seem like a required rotation to have Hille there. Unless last weeks game took more of a toll on Bellchambers than we know about I am thinking that naming him was a bit of a tactic.

Essendon

As far as I am concerned Colyer and Slattery are the easy calls. I am pretty sure that it isn't bloody minded bias that has me of the view that Colyer's outside game is still not close to offsetting his lack of physicality.

It is then a toss up between Hille, Gus and Lee (given the Hooker is more than required and NLM was good against Adelaide). We certainly need to replace Howlett in the middle, as it stands we seem to be a mid short on last week. I do not see us leaving Gus out, nor do I think we should. We should probably look at setting him for Attley (being the prime mover at half back for North).

Given that our midfield is still understrength and, in general, our recent form has been poor it is not a good time to add Hille into that current forward mix (which looks to be more than enough on paper and could probably do with playing a game together). This like all battles will be won in the middle so we need as many options as possible and we need to ensure mobility in the forward line.

Out: Slattery Colyer Hille* (in addition to Winderlich Pears Howlett)
In: Monfries Lee (in addition to Fletcher Hibberd Crameri)

*Note that Hille is not really an "In" so his omission skews the numbers.

Hopefully it doesn't come down to another kick after the siren, dont really want to give the old ticker another workout. But my real question is are you able to rock up to the game and just by standing room tickets? or do i have to somehow prebook them?
thanks and good luck

I would leave out Hille/Slattery/Monfries.

Can make do with one ruckman and no role for Slattery.

Would play Colyer instead of Monfries - Think we need more support in the midfield - Dont forget that we are missing Stanton/Zaharakis/Howlett from the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back