Preview Team vs North (IN: Fletch, Gus, Cram, Hibb, Lee | OUT: Slatts, Winders, Pears, Hooker, Howlett)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank god Hooker is out and it has taken them to rd 20 to work it out, the guy cant play, always lags behind, never plays in front, disposal is ordinary and no good one-on-one..he should be considered for trade not Pears at least Pears has improvement in him Hooker i'm sorry will always be the same, good height but thats about it.. everytime the ball goes anywhere near Hooker i close my eyes...LEAVE HIM OUT PLEASE.. Carlisle has taken your spot for good !!!

thank god Hooker is out and it has taken them to rd 20 to work it out, the guy cant play, always lags behind, never plays in front, disposal is ordinary and no good one-on-one..he should be considered for trade not Pears at least Pears has improvement in him Hooker i'm sorry will always be the same, good height but thats about it.. everytime the ball goes anywhere near Hooker i close my eyes...LEAVE HIM OUT PLEASE.. Carlisle has taken your spot for good !!!

Oh dear.

If the team stays as it is, it looks like they're trying to expose their 3 talls for run. Tarrant are okay footballers but do we really need to be stressing over them?

Hurley vs Petrie
Fletcher vs Hansen
Carlisle vs Tarrant

Watch as we pressure and harass their tall back line with Jetta, Davey and Colyer up there

If Hird and co are very worried about the toll last weeks game might have taken, especially given it was away, in tough conditions and the last game of the round then this team makes sense. Otherwise it's a bit surprising.

If the team stays as it is, it looks like they're trying to expose their 3 talls for run. Tarrant are okay footballers but do we really need to be stressing over them?

I think we could definitely get away with no hooker as long as fletch takes hansen or tarrant (whichever plays closest to goal) and hardy takes the other. It just gives us alot less options if things go sour.

I think Jake will defs get droopy to begin with if we go in as selected, and i'm very confident he can at least break even if he gets decent support from the midfield.

Quietly confident that if the midfield shows up, we have enough quality in the forward line to beat their undersized, so-so backline. They won't be able to cope with stew if he plays, and gumby has the reach advantage on all their KPD's, even if the delivery is poor and the ball is sat on his head, he can just stick his arms straight up and create a contest at worst.

First reaction is this makes no sense. Maybe against a side that is low on talls, Norf certainly isn't.

See I don't get this - it makes plenty of sense. Ben Howlett is coming out of the team, who do you want to replace him, Hooker or Lee? And who is the better sub option, Coyler or Hooker? With 3 of our key midfielders now out we can't really afford to...not replace Howlett. And they've clearly decided that while our midfielders are dropping like flies playing lots and lots of tall players is a bit of a luxury - they are, afterall, totally ****ed if the midfield doesn't do it's job and so we're making sure we have numbers there. If we don't replace Howlett at all our already weakened midfield will be weakened further and Hooker, Fletcher & Carlisle will be ****ed cause the ball will be flying down there every second minute anyway

The only thing I'd say is that I would have considered dropping Davey/Jetta instead of Hooker, 'cause it's much the same - they're both ****ed if the midfield doesn't do it's job. but the forward line is pretty slow with Licha out, so I guess it wasn't really an option for this week

My biggest issue here is it basically means Fletcher HAS to do a defensive job. He's at his best when he's not, it's other teams always trying to tag him. As it stands he'll have to play on someone who, though not necessarily a star, can definitely hurt us offensively.

He can obviously do it, but we're at our beat when he doesn't have to worry about it.

I also think in the vast majority of cases, "exposing their tall defenders" is a fallacy. All forward lines, no matter how quick, need big focal points. That's why key forwards are the games most valuable commodity. They're the most likely to win you a game. I want Hurley forward.

JMTC, Hirdy and Bomber obviously know more than me.

My biggest issue here is it basically means Fletcher HAS to do a defensive job. He's at his best when he's not, it's other teams always trying to tag him. As it stands he'll have to play on someone who, though not necessarily a star, can definitely hurt us offensively.

He can obviously do it, but we're at our beat when he doesn't have to worry about it.

I also think in the vast majority of cases, "exposing their tall defenders" is a fallacy. All forward lines, no matter how quick, need big focal points. That's why key forwards are the games most valuable commodity. They're the most likely to win you a game. I want Hurley forward.

JMTC, Hirdy and Bomber obviously know more than me.

I wouldn't stress. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a late change.

See I don't get this - it makes plenty of sense. Ben Howlett is coming out of the team, who do you want to replace him, Hooker or Lee? And who is the better sub option, Coyler or Hooker? With 3 of our key midfielders now out we can't really afford to...not replace Howlett. And they've clearly decided that while our midfielders are dropping like flies playing lots and lots of tall players is a bit of a luxury - they are, afterall, totally ****** if the midfield doesn't do it's job and so we're making sure we have numbers there. If we don't replace Howlett at all our already weakened midfield will be weakened further and Hooker, Fletcher & Carlisle will be ****** cause the ball will be flying down there every second minute anyway

The only thing I'd say is that I would have considered dropping Davey/Jetta instead of Hooker, 'cause it's much the same - they're both ****** if the midfield doesn't do it's job. but the forward line is pretty slow with Licha out, so I guess it wasn't really an option for this week
To tell you the truth that makes alot of sense although I still hope our forward line has gumby hurley and cram in it

Crazy Selection.

We are relying on Crameri ( one game in 5 weeks ) and Gumby as our key forwards - And Gumby will spend time in the ruck.

My biggest worry is if T-Bell is injured - The structure of our team is thrown out with no extra tall.

Think if we play Hurley back would rather he go on the weakest forward - Tarrant - Think we need to bite the bullet and play Fletch on Petrie - And Hope that Hurley/Hardingham can be the third man up.

We will find it hard to cover Stanton/Zaharakis/Howlett - 3 good midfielders.

I am unsure what role Monfries will play.

There is a chance that TRB will gamble on NLM as a third tall - He has previously been given this role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As yaco mentioned think Hurley may play back on Petrie and we'll line up something like;-

Hibberd Carlisle Fletch
Hardingham Hurley Dempsey
Heppell Lonergan Browne
Monfries Gumby Jetta
Colyer Crameri Davey

T.Bell Watson Hocking

Bench from: NLM Melksham Lee
SUB: Baguley

We really cant afford T.Bell to go down
Our small forwards - Davey, Jetta & Colyer become super important and really need to impact the scoreboard if Hurley goes back as I dont think we can rely on Crameri kicking a bag given hes only had 1 game in 5 weeks. Maybe its time for Gumby to shine...I hope :)

First 10 mins is crucial, if we win the clearances & convert early chances we're half way there, i reckon if things go astray for them early Nth are super vulnerable.

They operate more on confidence than skill or talent (apart from some solid experienced players), if we can pressure them into some early turn over goals, they're likely to panic & start playing safe, which will totally stifle their one weapon (other than DP), their run & carry.

If we set the tone early with tackling, run & spread, scoreboard pressure then keep Petrie under some sort of control, we'll win.

Wells and Harvey are key ingredients for Norths game plan to be successful, shut em down, slap em around and smash anyone who wants to step up into their role, watch them panic.Their key forwards are ordinary without quality supply, pressure the ball carrier, watch them cry, should be a good game.

I was going to fly off the handle but then something occurred to me.

There is simply no way we would look at Carlisle as being a better option to stop an opposition's number 1 forward at this stage (we basically always use Hooker on the opposition's number 1). It would also not go unnoticed that Hooker defeated Petrie convincingly in round 1 and that taller, slower guys like Petrie who stay closer to home are the ideal match up for the currently hamstrung Hooker.

I'd wager any credibility I have left that we are not dropping Hooker and that the "omissions" are the result of hamstring troubles which continue to affect the way Cale moves.

None of this means that the issue isn't actually with Crameri's fitness and that we are just dabbling in a bit of smoke and mirrors.

The only alternative is that TRB has lost the ******* plot and is making decisions out of desperation which is something I don't think any coaches would do, let alone a group mentored by Thompson (who is surely one of the games more laid back characters).

First 10 mins is crucial, if we win the clearances & convert early chances we're half way there, i reckon if things go astray for them early Nth are super vulnerable.

This is true. You could just tell that with our start against Adelaide we were in it for the fight. We were harrassing, applying good pressure, locking the ball in our attacking half. It was the same intensity you saw Geelong come out with against us, and in that match you knew from 5 mins into the game that we were never going to be a chance.

We do that tomorrow and it'll go along way towards winning the game.

If Hurley starts back i will eat a platefull of human s**t, not going to happen guys, Hurley, Cram and Gumby sitting waiting in the forward line, come at us north.

If Hurley starts back i will eat a platefull of human s**t, not going to happen guys, Hurley, Cram and Gumby sitting waiting in the forward line, come at us north.

If this does happen, pics or GTFO ;)

I really don't know what to expect tomorrow- very nervous.

Whilst I'm not up for eating any type of s**t, I agree Hurley playing back is just dumb. Hardingham should be able to take Hansen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back