Mega Thread The 2017 'Buckley's Chances' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torturous 4 year period. Can't wait till it's over.

If you have only had to endure four years of torture as a Collingwood supporter then you should be grateful.

I'm a good judge of character.

Yeah ok.. if you say so.

I rarely respond to any of your posts.. yet you seem to want to have a say in anything I post.

4000+ posts later.. you come out and write.. 'this is the first post I agree with you somewhat'.

I think you yourself belong in the Collingwood board room at the current time. You would most certainly shake things up.

Yeah ok.. if you say so.

I rarely respond to any of your posts.. yet you seem to want to have a say in anything I post.

4000+ posts later.. you come out and write.. 'this is the first post I agree with you somewhat'.

I think you yourself belong in the Collingwood board room at the current time. You would most certainly shake things up.

At least 3,500 of your posts have been tripe though.

Explain how we're better placed now than what we were when Buckley took over instead of hiding behind unfunny memes why don't you?

We've a worse list, glaring deficiencies front and back, no ruck depth, no depth in general, lack off on field leadership, a disillusioned supporter base (as opposed to the deluded supporter base ie you) dwindling membership, falling attendances, a win/loss ratio that has gone down every year and currently 3 years and counting out of finals (we never missed more than two consecutive years of finals under MM and in fact only missed finals 4 times in 12 seasons during his time). He can't even use the he inherited an aging list because our list at the beginning of 2012 was the 3rd youngest in the league behind GWS and the Suns.

Buckley publicly stated in 2014 that we'd be improving year by year from that point on and playing finals and contending by now but instead we've gone backwards still further. If he and the boards public pronouncements are so far off base it pretty clearly indicates that the so called "mini re-build" has gone badly awry. Buckley and the football dept have to wear that and as the primary architect of it Buckley should be held accountable more than anyone else (although some pretty ordinary recruiting by Hine hasn't helped either).

We aren't better placed than what we were at the start of 2012 in any area I can see and at present we're a mess and it's going to take some tough decisions and big changes to fix it.

Put the same average games into the list we have now, with that which he inherited I think the current list is better.
Isn't that the point.

If hypothetically faced with the choice of coaching both groups, wouldn't a prospective coach say the 2012 list was aging and therefore chose the current list? And so to that extent we are a better list, as the rebuilding has largely been done.

Cop out by the reptilian shapeshifter for his inability to coach.

Really not sure what you mean by 'reptilian shapeshifter', although I'm less sure about why I'd bother making sense of what you say at all. Procrastination from work, I suppose. Anyway, the tenor and tone of your comments have lambasted the man for his rigidity and refusal to change, but now he's a 'reptilian shapeshifter'. There seems to be a contradiction here, maybe you could resolve it for me.

For what it's worth (no, not much), I agree that 'characters' within clubs need to be harnessed and managed and not ruthlessly exiled.

Really not sure what you mean by 'reptilian shapeshifter', although I'm less sure about why I'd bother making sense of what you say at all. Procrastination from work, I suppose. Anyway, the tenor and tone of your comments have lambasted the man for his rigidity and refusal to change, but now he's a 'reptilian shapeshifter'. There seems to be a contradiction here, maybe you could resolve it for me.

For what it's worth (no, not much), I agree that 'characters' within clubs need to be harnessed and managed and not ruthlessly exiled.

I just find the concept of the 'reptilian shapeshifter' hilarious. Just a nic for Buckley I suppose. Is he a reptilian shapeshifter.. no.. of course not. Just a funny bloke really.

I just find the concept of the 'reptilian shapeshifter' hilarious. Just a nic for Buckley I suppose. Is he a reptilian shapeshifter.. no.. of course not. Just a funny bloke really.

Righteo.

IMG_1087.JPG Listening to the guy on the right regarding Bucks and he said there was no way he would be sacked in our 125th year celebrations. He was involved in a meeting after the Anzac Day with Ed and a few other legends of the club.

If you look up the 8 cognitive biases that can make/break an organization.. then it might make a lot more sense to you where I'm coming from. I do believe there's a lot of validity in it when we use the Collingwood Football Club as an example.

If you don't agree.. well I guess our opinions differ.

Just the way it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the 8 cognitive biases that defines Ed Mcguire and the way he runs his organisation as president.. collectively what I would refer to as 'Mcguieristic cognitive biases theory'.

Maybe you could start your own thread for such theories, rather than constantly derailing other threads.

Maybe you could start your own thread for such theories, rather than constantly derailing other threads.

You seem like a really nice person.

There's not one word you can write on here that will stop me from doing what I'm doing. Not one. The decision I leave to the moderators. So I suggest you stop.. cause I ain't gonna.

If you have an issue with my posts. I suggest you take it up with the moderators.

I believe my posts to be relavant.. if you don't.. i really don't care not one iota.

If you think your derogatory posts towards me gives you status.. gl to ya.

You seem like a really nice person.

There's not one word you can write on here that will stop me from doing what I'm doing. Not one. The decision I leave to the moderators. So I suggest you stop.. cause I ain't gonna.

If you have an issue with my posts. I suggest you take it up with the moderators.

I believe my posts to be relavant.. if you don't.. i really don't care not one iota.

If you think your derogatory posts towards me gives you status.. gl to ya.

If you post something you have to accept that people will reply. That's how this thing works. You are right about the mods deciding what is relevant and what is not, I am happy to leave that to them. I won't be stopping from replying though.

Looking like Buckley will get another year

Not sure how you've come up with that conclusion.

If we miss finals for a 4th straight season then I don't know how we could possibly justify his retention and you'd have to seriously question the motives of those running the club to make a decision clearly against the wishes of the majority of members and supporters at present.

I'm hopeful Ed hasn't fallen so far that mediocrity is now the accepted level of performance for this club.

If you post something you have to accept that people will reply. That's how this thing works. You are right about the mods deciding what is relevant and what is not, I am happy to leave that to them. I won't be stopping from replying though.

Go for your life.. by all means reply to every single one of my posts.. with all due respect.. save your time though by giving the ol' 'you're derailing the thread' or 'please stop' a good work out in the hope the moderators step in..

Those posts go right over my head.

Go for your life.. by all means reply to every single one of my posts.. with all due respect.. save your time though by giving the ol' 'you're derailing the thread' or 'please stop' a good work out in the hope the moderators step in..

Those posts go right over my head.

I'll take your advice on board. Any chance you could show just a little respect for Bucks in return?

Not sure how you've come up with that conclusion.

If we miss finals for a 4th straight season then I don't know how we could possibly justify his retention and you'd have to seriously question the motives of those running the club to make a decision clearly against the wishes of the majority of members and supporters at present.

I'm hopeful Ed hasn't fallen so far that mediocrity is now the accepted level of performance for this club.
I accept you might not be able to justify it, but you don't get to make the decision

Those making the decision, may well be able to justify it
(and a few whingers on fan forums are not the majority of members)

I accept you might not be able to justify it, but you don't get to make the decision

Those making the decision, may well be able to justify it

The time his contract was renewed Pert said something about Bucks doing everything asked of him by the board. Unfortunately we weren't told what the board asked him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back