List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Salem runs harder than anyone? Literally close to top speed and kms travelled this year?

Was an article on it.

I'd like to see it if you can find it. If he ran more kms than someone like Langdon I'd be ******* amazed.

Don't swallow the ruthless tripe. Just Goody talking his usual sh*t after another pathetic loss.

Jones staying on the list tells you all you need to know.

We have more Ruth than any club in th AFL.
Ha. Well nothing wrong with holding my club accountable for what they tell their members and supporters.

Weid travelling more kms than a lot of our mids is laughable also.
He’s a damn workhorse that Weideman.

I’d say though it’ll be jogging from full forward to the wings and back flanks to provide marking targets (which often probably don’t get used) then jogging back to the forward line. He wouldn’t be running hard km’s like the mids.

Yea probably, I like him down back tho. Salem would be better used on HFF if you wanted to move him anywhere imo.
100%, I reckon ive advocated him as a winger before but his only job on the field should be kicking inside 50. Don't need him running all over the place getting tired.

Pretty hard to argue with stats but in what world is Salem faster than Viney, Hibberd or Pickett lol.

Vanders third fastest player clocked on our list in 2020 is the most amazing.

Pretty hard to argue with stats but in what world is Salem faster than Viney, Hibberd or Pickett lol.
I can’t imagine anyone faster than Pickett but they are just the top speeds. Salem once ran at 34.8 km against Sydney. The others get close to their top speed more constantly

Last edited:
Vanders third fastest player clocked on our list in 2020 is the most amazing.
I dunno Vanders def has some toe about him but I've literally never considered Salem anything more than averagely quick, unless he got shoved while running that blows my mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno Vanders def has some toe about him but I've literally never considered Salem anything more than averagely quick, unless he got shoved while running that blows my mind.

Salem, Vanders and Harmes top speeds were obviously reached over a extended run of say 50m or longer.

There is short speed and long speed.

That's why I reckon those numbers appear out of whack .

I know when my brother tested for the Falcons they did speed tests over 20, 50 and 100ms.

His speed over 20m was in the top 3 in the team and got progressively worse over the longer the distance.

Salem is quite deceiving then. Langdon's work rate is very obvious and he seems to get to the right spots consistently. Salem it's hard to imagine how he racks up those numbers unless he's running in circles haha.
Salem pushes a bit higher up the ground than our other backs, but also needs to get back to defend. Our turnovers probably lead him to have high numbers as he'd need to double back to cover in defence after pushing up in attack.

Blokes like Viney and Pickett are quicker off the mark so maybe don't need to push to a higher top speed? Average speed in games would be useful.
Average would still be useless.

*Sprint/run/jog percentage
*Repeat sprint efforts
*speed running offensively
*Speed running defensively

Reckon that data would put a few of our blokes to shame.

Salem pushes a bit higher up the ground than our other backs, but also needs to get back to defend. Our turnovers probably lead him to have high numbers as he'd need to double back to cover in defence after pushing up in attack.

Yep, this would make a lot of sense.

Yeah that's probably it. I wasn't potting him it's just less noticeable I've never thought after a game gee Salem worked his butt off where Langdon you can. Probably doesn't help that the games so congested might be harder to notice as well.

Salem is quite deceiving then. Langdon's work rate is very obvious and he seems to get to the right spots consistently. Salem it's hard to imagine how he racks up those numbers unless he's running in circles haha.
That’s true, Langdon’s running is obvious. Everyone saying Tomlinson runs as well who is 3rd on that list but I haven’t noticed it compared to Langdon.

Langdon know how to use his run effectively.

But This could on the coaches though, they should be training and using Salem’s running capabilities to better use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back